• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

GOOD for a laugh...............Is Michael Vick a HOFer............?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
no to Vick but what about Ron Mexico?

I followed his career but like Vick, it was 5 minutes of fame. One thing though, that 5 minutes was longer than it took to contract the reason Ron Mexico came into existence........

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's be realistic instead of close minded.

THERE WAS NEVER A QB LIKE MIKE VICK UNTIL HE CAME ON THE SCENE. Period. He completely changed the position and how defensive coordinators had to plan for him. ATL was a force and, yes, he didn't win a SB but there are many other QB's in the HOF that haven't either.

He's not a first ballot HOFer but he is a HOFer.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
He should never have been let come back and play in the NFL. ******* dog killer. piece of ****. no way he should ever be considered a H.O.F. player.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

THERE WAS NEVER A QB LIKE MIKE VICK UNTIL HE CAME ON THE SCENE. Period. He completely changed the position and how defensive coordinators had to plan for him. ATL was a force and, yes, he didn't win a SB but there are many other QB's in the HOF that haven't either.

Cunningham did it just as well and he didn't torture anything along the way

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score

Respectfully disagree strongly Berm

Like Blitz said Randall Cunningham "the human highlight reel" preceeded the Vick era ....... Vick was a speedster and a fine athlete that depended on his running skills

Both had 15 years or more in the league

Cunningham......207 TDs .... 134 INTs ..... 29979 yards ........81.5 rating ........ 4928 rushing yards.....35 TDs
Vick..................133 TDs........88 INTs......22864 yards..........80.4 rating..........6109 rushing yards.....36 TDs
J. Winston..........121 TDs.......88 INTs...... 19737 yards..........86.9 rating......... 1044 rushing yards.....10 TDs in just 5 years........just to show how the league has evolved

Vick only threw for 20 TDs twice and topped 3000 yards only twice and all of those years he did it were barely over the mark

and I don't ever remember the 2001- 2006 Falcons as a force.. a farce maybe........haha

2006 7-9-0 ........3rd -- NFC South
2005 8-8-0 ........3rd -- NFC South
2004 11-5-0...... 1st -- NFC South
2003 5-11-0...... 4th -- NFC South
2002 9-6-1 .......2nd -- NFC South
2001 7-9-0.........T3rd----NFC South

He blew what could have been a HOF career for someone with his physical gifts
He was the fastest QB we ever saw ........but it still wasn't fast enough to outrun the law or public opinion

That is my football assessment of Mike Vick

Myself as a person who spent a portion of my early life working with over 110 dogs prepping them for Police work, bomb, drug & alcohol detection, protection work and later fund raising for service dogs to be matched with people in need ............... I say Mike Vick you were a good athlete .....human being...not so much

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Cunningham's impact was a prolific as Vick's. Yeah, I know he did a bad thing(s) - he paid for it...

i am not taking anything away from what Vick was when he joined the league and i am tossing out the off field stuff. A comparison of the two in their early years is very tough. Cunningham's early years...what that guy did with a ball in his hands just blew me away. I loved watching him play; one of the most amazing athletes i ever watched on an NFL field. But, he also was smart enough to re-invent himself into more of a passer later in his career and he did pretty good. But when he was young...wow, the guy was just amazing. When Vick came out of VPI, i siad, this is the next RC....both were amazing athletes in different era's of the game and both were fun as hell to watch early in their careers. I won't pick one over the other...why do that...stupid...i enjoyed watching both.

but....Vick was not around long enough to deserve HoF. Right or wrong...argue how you want...but his career did not merit HoF status.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree strongly Berm

Like Blitz said Randall Cunningham "the human highlight reel" preceeded the Vick era ....... Vick was a speedster and a fine athlete that depended on his running skills

Both had 15 years or more in the league

Cunningham......207 TDs .... 134 INTs ..... 29979 yards ........81.5 rating ........ 4928 rushing yards.....35 TDs
Vick..................133 TDs........88 INTs......22864 yards..........80.4 rating..........6109 rushing yards.....36 TDs
J. Winston..........121 TDs.......88 INTs...... 19737 yards..........86.9 rating......... 1044 rushing yards.....10 TDs in just 5 years........just to show how the league has evolved

Vick only threw for 20 TDs twice and topped 3000 yards only twice and all of those years he did it were barely over the mark

and I don't ever remember the 2001- 2006 Falcons as a force.. a farce maybe........haha

2006 7-9-0 ........3rd -- NFC South
2005 8-8-0 ........3rd -- NFC South
2004 11-5-0...... 1st -- NFC South
2003 5-11-0...... 4th -- NFC South
2002 9-6-1 .......2nd -- NFC South
2001 7-9-0.........T3rd----NFC South

He blew what could have been a HOF career for someone with his physical gifts
He was the fastest QB we ever saw ........but it still wasn't fast enough to outrun the law or public opinion

That is my football assessment of Mike Vick

Myself as a person who spent a portion of my early life working with over 110 dogs prepping them for Police work, bomb, drug & alcohol detection, protection work and later fund raising for service dogs to be matched with people in need ............... I say Mike Vick you were a good athlete .....human being...not so much

oooooo I remember that tie...

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
oooooo I remember that tie...

A real defensive gem 34 34

Tommygun just missed 500 yd plateau and Plax was more than 1/2 of those yards alone

Tommy Maddox 28/41 473 4 1
Amos Zereoue 37 123 0 3.3
Plaxico Burress 9 253 2 13
Hines Ward 11 139 1 16
Antwaan Randle El 3 51 0 3

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Vick was a RB playing QB
Cunningham was a Punter playing QB
Stewart was a WR playing QB

Brady was just playing with himself

Kordell as a QB = 90 yard TD pass
Kordell as a RB = 80 yard TD run
Kordell as a P. =. 73 yard punt

NOT bad for a guy who gets a bad rap.............. And forgotten how good he was.

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Kordell as a QB = 90 yard TD pass
Kordell as a RB = 80 yard TD run
Kordell as a P. =. 73 yard punt

NOT bad for a guy who gets a bad rap.............. And forgotten how good he was.

Salute the nation

I liked watching all 3 of those dudes play.
But Randall was the most exciting to watch

He had 2 73 yard punts in one year for the Runnin Rebels and a 91 yard punt in the pros.
Rubber band man...... Fran Tarketon scrambling skills at his size

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Which Hall of fame are you talking about? If its for Dog fighting....

No way on the NFL hall of fame.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Vic was a bad boy and the NFL HOF seems to ignore this. look at last years group

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cunningham did it just as well and he didn't torture anything along the way

And was a better pure passer.

Vick was more like Kordell some great skillets but he wasn't someone that was going to will you to a SB and win it.

Off the field he is a piece of ****, **** him.

On the field he was talented but we are stretching with HOF status.

Cunningham or McNair would get my vote if the question is about black QBs.or QBs in general for that matter.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I also dislike the "paid for it angle" too. Brings up a subject that nobody ever agrees on.

Someone who tortures and brutally kills animals for money will never get a pass in my eyes. No different that a murder and a rapist in my eyes just a flaming piece of ****.

Hey but that is just my opinion, but to be in a HOF on and off the field behavior should matter. I realize it doesn't seem to follow that path but it should.

But purely from a football perspective he was a nice talent but HOF? a strong pass.

Last edited: