• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Goodell has a problem with Steeler fans

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
H

Hollywood Bags

Impossible. I was assured that the Steelers never have no shows.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
As someone who will probably never get to see a Steelers game in-person (but would love to), I don't understand how a ticket holder doesn't show up. If you're concerned about an inferior product on the field (and there's an argument for that), then don't buy the ticket in the first place. Save your money.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Here was the one thing that stood out to me in the article.

"[Goodell] said, 'It looked like there were an awful lot of empty seats.' And I said those people are standing in the runways (the rotundas)," Rooney said. "They like to stay in that spot, and that's where they are most of the time. And he said, 'That's kind of odd, isn't it?' And I said, 'No, that's Pittsburgh.'"

I live in Atlanta and rarely get a chance to see them especially at home. So I decided to take the drive for the Tampa game this year. (I know what a horrible game). The one thing I did notice was all the fans in the rotundas and thought it was weird but whatever. The one thing that did really bother me though was the excitement for me just wasn't there. It's almost as people are more excited about tailgating than the actual game. (Just an observation)

deljzc

Reaction score
Having not been there, is there a lot of scalping activity around the stadium before games?

Seems like it should be easy to find a ticket from scalpers on game day for a good price.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Here was the one thing that stood out to me in the article.

I live in Atlanta and rarely get a chance to see them especially at home. So I decided to take the drive for the Tampa game this year. (I know what a horrible game). The one thing I did notice was all the fans in the rotundas and thought it was weird but whatever. The one thing that did really bother me though was the excitement for me just wasn't there. It's almost as people are more excited about tailgating than the actual game. (Just an observation)

Tailgating hasn't changed, the game of football isn't what it was. Make sense??? Tailgating, you still drink kool-aid or 151 or all the in between. Football game, you can't hit or tackle or defend. Doing one in activity won't get you FINED, doing so in the other WILL get you fined. Electricity flows the easiest path, Godell and what he stands for, sucks all the way around.

Salute the nation

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Tailgating for Steelers games has indeed changed! Anyone who doesn't know that wasn't around for Three Rivers Stadium. That has somewhat ruined the experience for me, but I think the bigger factor is older season ticket holders who have been going to games for years and it's just not a big deal for them and they don't have the energy for it anymore.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Impossible. I was assured that the Steelers never have no shows.
Yinz can never just admit when you've been proven wrong, can yinz?

There is a difference between no-shows and not selling out. If you read it thoroughly you would have seen that the article says that the Steelers and Giants are the only teams that report the turnstile count and not ticket sales. When you count ticket sales the Steelers have sold out every home game since 1973.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yinz can never just admit when you've been proven wrong, can yinz?

I don't recall saying word ******* one about sellouts, but I DO know you're a ******* ratbird troll.

So, again, **** Off Troll.

Joe

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I've heard that prime time games are littered with obnoxious drunks who've probably been hitting it since after work. Even drunks used to be generally respectful. Not so much anymore.

H

Hollywood Bags

I don't recall saying word ******* one about sellouts, but I DO know you're a ******* ratbird troll.

So, again, **** Off Troll.

Joe

Nope. Yinz always claimed Steelers don't have no shows as well. They're all just "standing in the runways".

H

Hollywood Bags

I've heard that prime time games are littered with obnoxious drunks who've probably been hitting it since after work. Even drunks used to be generally respectful. Not so much anymore.

Yep. Bunch of slobbering drunks.

Wingman

Reaction score

As a former cop I can tell you that drunks generally become respectful after experiencing pain, until that point they are most likely not going to be. That has been my experience from many years ago 80s and 90s.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's so easy to put Hollywood on your ignore list. And then it's easy to ignore the "quoted" Hollywood excerpts. It's what you must do people... It's what you must do.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. Bunch of slobbering drunks.

stir...stir...I have yet to see a post from you that added anything to a thread..but the stupid little one liners u continue to spit out..you continue to dis honor a great Steeler by using his nickname as your handle here..post something worth reading or move along ..the shtick is wearing thin

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Maybe if Goodell and the Rooney's didn't ruin the product they put on the field there wouldn't be as many no-shows. Give me some hard hitting, non-flag flying football and I will show you a stadium to full capacity.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's so easy to put Hollywood on your ignore list. And then it's easy to ignore the "quoted" Hollywood excerpts. It's what you must do people... It's what you must do.

This is the FIRST year I've had to ignore ANYONE on this site, and I've been here since the late 90's. That's kinda sad, but yep, he's now on it, second one this year although I think the first got banned a while back.

Joe

awboatguy

Reaction score
You know I've seen this article too and thought it odd The Commish would be so concerned. It comes down to $$ for Rog and the Steelers bring a lot of it to the shared revenue arena. However, it's obvious fans are/were upset with the organization over the last couple years and the earlier games this season. I also believe that the fan base is happy with recent success, but are cautious in their enthusiasm. So with that they are waiting and withholding their hard earned $$ until they are confident the Steelers of the last two weeks are the real deal. If we beat the Ratshitbirds this week I am sure you will see all those towels we've come to expect waving proudly in the stands again, and there won't be one of those 65,000 seats empty.

Go Steelers!

Last edited:

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha **** you **********! I hope they all empty out because or your ambulance chasing money grubbing ***!