• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Goodell regrets league reaction to kaperdork

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
https://news.chicksonright.com/nfls-roger-goodell-to-kaepernick-i-wish-we-had-listened-earlier-kap-to-what-you-were-kneeling-about/

CHICKS ON THE RIGHT
NFL’s Roger Goodell To Kaepernick: ‘I Wish We Had Listened Earlier, Kap, To What You Were Kneeling About’
By Staff -August 24, 2020
OPINION | This article contains political commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

🚨 POLL: Do you support the NFL?

Vote Now
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell shared his disdain for the National Football League’s initial reactions to Colin Kaepernick in 2016 when the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback peacefully protested during the national anthem, according to USA Today.

Gooddell spoke with former NFL player Emmanuel Acho on a social media video series “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man.”

In it, Goodell was asked by Acho to publicly express his remorse and apologize to Kaepernick, who hasn’t played in the NFL since the 2016 season.

“I wish we had listened earlier, Kaep, to what you were kneeling about and what you were trying to bring attention to,” Goodell said.

“What our players are doing is being mischaracterized. These are not people who are unpatriotic. They’re not disloyal.”

“They’re not against our military,” Goodell said. “What they were trying to do is exercise their right to bring attention to something that needs to get fixed. That misrepresentation of who they were and what they were doing was the thing that really gnawed at me.”

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I was already losing interest in football, but at this point I think I’m done. I mean, the noise of politics and the fight over racism is everywhere. If I watch football or even sports in general, it is to escape that noise for just a few short hours. Now politics has infested that escape. Guess I’ll take up something else.

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
I regret the day that useless **** took over as league commissioner. The league has been going downhill rapidly ever since.

It most certainly has. I'm trying to think of one thing the dumbass has done to improve the game/league. I'm coming up empty.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't the first thing he has back tracked over. Crapernick has shown it's about money and has used this "oppressed" method to CAPITALIZE in obtaining get it. He proved he wasn't about playing in the NFL and hasn't shown anything towards resolve of the movement. Hasn't addressed the core problems.

Godell has failed way before this and is thinking he can keep the money flowing in and trying to keep from being broken by not being woken.

Salute the nation

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I was already losing interest in football, but at this point I think I’m done. I mean, the noise of politics and the fight over racism is everywhere. If I watch football or even sports in general, it is to escape that noise for just a few short hours. Now politics has infested that escape. Guess I’ll take up something else.

I realize we have gone over this ad nauseum, but because of my love of the B&G, I will DVR their game only, and begin watching about an hour in, bypassing the commercials, pre-game and halftime, hoping to watch football and nothing but football. If the social agenda creeps into the game commentary or visual aspects of the game, I'm done. Hope Goodell realizes just what is at stake.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope Goodell realizes just what is at stake.

I genuinely think that he doesn't care. His gamble is that if he does this PC thing, it will all work out, because it is so enlightened. He's mistaken, but it is the only way that I can figure out what he is up to.

Sad, really.

Gridiron

Banned
Reaction score
The are about to kill the golden goose and are too stupid to realize it. The product is already mediocre and overpriced and the majority of ticket buyers are not exactly the core audience Goodell is stupidly pandering to.

stevielee

Reaction score
The plan before this was to meet some friends at a bar to watch the Steelers ( but they'd be on a short leash) and the rest of the league could **** off. Now we may not even do that. Also I see the Packers wrapped their lips around the BLM pole after that Kenosha incident today

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteveA

Reaction score
you guys better get used to it...It ain't going away...This is the world we live in

xjx

Reaction score
The demise of the NFL opens up an opportunity for the XFL. If the XFL can play football and eliminate any opportunity for politics to be displayed they can steal market share. I would suno national anthem be played, short interviews focused on the sport only. Get back to "entertaining and away from politics.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The demise of the NFL opens up an opportunity for the XFL. If the XFL can play football and eliminate any opportunity for politics to be displayed they can steal market share. I would suno national anthem be played, short interviews focused on the sport only. Get back to "entertaining and away from politics.

I'm pretty sure the XFL has closed it's door,.........permenantly

Salute the nation

mdk2

Reaction score
NBA ratings are atrocious because of the politics and some just cause the product sucks.

NFL ratings are going to be down, guaranteed. They will continue to go down. In a season without stadium sales, the NFL is going to take a huge hit to the pockets and I can’t say I’m not happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdk2

Reaction score
you guys better get used to it...It ain't going away...This is the world we live in

It may not be going away but I will be and I’m sure others will too. I already have a lot less of an interest this year. I haven’t really followed anything about “training camp.” It doesn’t even feel like football season, it’s unfortunate but fishing is a lot more enjoyable.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely not permanently. I’m pretty sure the Rock and some other investors bought it.

I truly hope you are right and that they keep moving forward in their endeavors. They had a very good product and just needed the time to establish fan base. Hell the NFL was copying some aspects of the XFL game. I myself, personally liked the XFL game actually better than the whistle blowing, flag stopping, over celebrating, meMEme persona of the NFL game.

Salute the nation

Steelmann

Reaction score
Like most of you,I can’t stand the Roger either. But seriously,what’s he supposed to do? He’s stuck in the damned if you do damned if you don’t situation. Of course any interview he has he will comment like this. What else can he say? He tried the ignoring bit. What’s your guys solution,suspension for kneeling? Lol ,like that would work. I guess your only solution is boycotting the games,not spending money on merchandise,not watching on tv. Once again,I say lol......I bet most of you will watch. As I will. It’s media driven. Good luck going against that.

What would you do as the Commissioner? Poor Roger. I think he just might have enough coin to retire with.

You know as a side note,I don’t know if any of you are still watching the NHL with your beloved Penguins out. A lot said on here they wouldn’t watch regardless if there was any kneeling. Well there was. And basically after what,the first game or two totally ignored,forgotten. It’s too bad a lot of you will never watch the NHL again after that one game of kneeling. You are missing some ******* great hockey.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
It is projected that more people than ever before will be watching the NFL on TV this season. If a few old white men can’t deal with a progressive league policy and don’t watch, it won’t even be noticeable...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
It is projected that more people than ever before will be watching the NFL on TV this season. If a few old white men can’t deal with a progressive league policy and don’t watch, it won’t even be noticeable...

Thanks for setting everyone straight.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

Better look in the stands and see who buys all of those premium tickets up.

**** is ******* dumb. Kaperdick is a marxist. BLM is a marxist group . They're pretty much anti American everything. Including capitalism. That's been a big flashing sign for months now. Cats out of the bag.

The NFL deserves the spanking its going to get.

I think we're all very aware of what Burn Loot Murder is now.

Hopefully all of the soy boys will buy up those tickets. I think you need a job other than burning **** down and attacking police officers on a nightly basis.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
Maybe you need to take a good look at who the NFL players are... 70% whole-heartedly support Black Lives Matter because they are black. Sell your season tickets. I guarantee someone will buy them...

mdk2

Reaction score

Lol what a bold prediction.. Only because fans aren’t allowed in the stadiums. Of course TV viewership will be up but it’s not the full picture of its decline.