• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Grille 36 Closed

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I saw on the news this morning that Jerome Bettis' Grille 36 near the stadium has been closed since March 2020 because of the pandemic and Bettis himself was on the news saying it probably won't reopen. Too bad, I ate there once and it was real good.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
L
I saw on the news this morning that Jerome Bettis' Grille 36 near the stadium has been closed since March 2020 because of the pandemic and Bettis himself was on the news saying it probably won't reopen. Too bad, I ate there once and it was real good.
Loved their mini-perogies...

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
Never got to eat there in 2011 when we visited... got there late in the day as the kitchen was about to close. They did let us sit in the VIP room for awhile... got to hold one of his cleats, took pics of the room, the poster of the Bus running over Urlacher, & a helmet signed by Ham and I think Gildon. Sorry to hear the news.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked you could take your dog there and sit outside and eat. Man that sucks that it won't reopen.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It was weird walking by there for the Steelers preseason game and Pitt opener. It was always packed and typically had a line outside waiting to get in. Hope to see something else go in soon.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to see it go. None of the players restaurants seem to make it. The best one will always be Woodsons, though. Had he not left town it would've continued to be a good place.
I think it has more to do with the novelty and the fact that most of the players don't have much to do with the restaurants besides the naming rights...etc. If the players were actually at the restaurants more like owner/operators or managing partners, I think they would do incredibly well. Restaurants with good food are all over the place, it needs something else to set it apart.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
When the bathroom is what's most memorable from your visit there's bound to be trouble. Went in 2019 on a Friday when I was in town for the Rats game. Was pretty excited to check it out but left fairly disappointed. Great location, our food was meh at best.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
When the bathroom is what's most memorable from your visit there's bound to be trouble. Went in 2019 on a Friday when I was in town for the Rats game. Was pretty excited to check it out but left fairly disappointed. Great location, our food was meh at best.
Actually, it was the fried deviled eggs that they had on their menu for a short time. I could eat those all damn day.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
It was really good. They had that outdoor grill on game days and the burgers were awesome. Too bad.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I believe they had divisional rival logos in the urinal. Is that where uncle kinky Todd Haley got into a fight?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I believe they had divisional rival logos in the urinal. Is that where uncle kinky Todd Haley got into a fight?
That was across the street at Tequila Cowboy. Btw, Grille 36 is still empty.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to see it go. None of the players restaurants seem to make it. The best one will always be Woodsons, though. Had he not left town it would've continued to be a good place.

I went there (Woodson’s) and told them where I was from. They treated me very well and sent me home with a BUNCH of souvenirs. GREAT food, & everything.

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Jason Aldean is opening a bar in the Grille 36 location.