• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gruden Resigns, then is fired

ADVERTISEMENT

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? Fuck it.
I have no idea what he said. But this cancel culture bs is out of control. Man said some shit a decade ago (again don’t know what he said) and is cancer. Must remove.

What did you say or do a decade ago. Did you say or make comments that were off in today’s world? I’m willing to be most of us would be canceled.

I want off this fucking ride.

ADVERTISEMENT

tapeANaspirin2it

from what i heard these were private emails from 10 years ago. Here's why this is bullshit. All the media types will praise the raiders for having courage to fire Gruden then they'll probably say that they don't think he's actually racist, but he absolutely had to be fired over some emails from 10 years ago.

The timing is pretty curious too. NFLPA exec Demaurice Smith was up for re-election and word was that he could lose. Then these emails get leaked and he's a victim of mean words said about him in an email 10 years ago, so then he wins the election. Then there were the things he supposedly said about Goodell. I bet Goodell pressured the Raiders to fire gruden.

And just as a reminder, Deshaun Watson is accused of assaulting like 20 women and he;s still getting paid. Plus the media seems to be OK with him being traded and playing elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

t-man

Fuck him, I still remember how he went all dickhead on juju when he stood over that walking piece of shit Burfect, he was announcing and couldn't bitch enough a out how low class it was for juju to stand over that fucking shitbag. Then he goes and picks him up on the Raiders. He can go fuck himself with a chainsaw.

Joe

mdk2

from what i heard these were private emails from 10 years ago. Here's why this is bullshit. All the media types will praise the raiders for having courage to fire Gruden then they'll probably say that they don't think he's actually racist, but he absolutely had to be fired over some emails from 10 years ago.

The timing is pretty curious too. NFLPA exec Demaurice Smith was up for re-election and word was that he could lose. Then these emails get leaked and he's a victim of mean words said about him in an email 10 years ago, so then he wins the election. Then there were the things he supposedly said about Goodell. I bet Goodell pressured the Raiders to fire gruden.

And just as a reminder, Deshaun Watson is accused of assaulting like 20 women and he;s still getting paid. Plus the media seems to be OK with him being traded and playing elsewhere.
I said the same thing about the Demaurice Smith timing of it all. Seems all too conveniant that it comes out days before his possible re-election.

Ironcitysteelers

Fuck him, I still remember how he went all dickhead on juju when he stood over that walking piece of shit Burfect, he was announcing and couldn't bitch enough a out how low class it was for juju to stand over that fucking shitbag. Then he goes and picks him up on the Raiders. He can go fuck himself with a chainsaw.

Joe
So your cool with someone stealing your personal emails from when-ever ago and using what you said/did against you today and that’s cool? Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Drink IRON City

Contributor whining about a tag

Joe

RED HOT POKER would be more like it. But I hear what you are sayiN

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

I don't know what he said either but the Raiders gave in so they deserve what they get. GRUDEN is the first coach in awhile to make them relevant.

I wonder how his contract reads and if they had to pay / buy him out. If I remember right it was like $100 mil for 10 years.

Salute the nation

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Um, was he even employed by an NFL team when he said what he said in a private email?

I guess it doesn't really matter anymore in this bizarro world. JFC this has gotten completely out of control. Interesting timing too. After Ben hangs 'em up, think I'm done with this shit league.

Skott

he said something about rubber lips... and he clarified that was was talking about the guy couldn’t keep his mouth shut and kept blabbering...

People take that as being racist... maybe they are the ones with the issue

tapeANaspirin2it

So now ESPN is saying these were emails sent to redskins exec Burce Allen. We all know the Wash in in trouble with various things. I bet this Allen served up Gruden to get himself out of a situation. Probably knew he'd make Goodell happy if he could help him get Gruden for making mean comments about him.

t-man

So your cool with someone stealing your personal emails from when-ever ago and using what you said/did against you today and that’s cool? Got it.
If I am emailing my boss at work it's not a personal email. Either way, everyone is all yay big business they can do what they want when they fire some nobody for no fucking reason, but it is chucky and all the sudden everyone is a you need to be fired with cause activist. Pick a fucking side.

Joe

bermudasteel

All I'm saying is this is more than just racial comments. Apparently there were insults covering many groups of people and the Commish as well...

I don't care when he said it/wrote it because everyone at that level is under a microscope. I'm not perfect by any means but come on - I know that every new job I get an FBI background check is run on me. My point? Keep a clean nose and be an upstanding citizen.

Period.

t-man

And fuck him. I like his passion, but he's a wishy washy asshole when it comes to who and what is a dirty play or player.

Joe

Drink IRON City

Um, was he even employed by an NFL team when he said what he said in a private email?

I guess it doesn't really matter anymore in this bizarro world. JFC this has gotten completely out of control. Interesting timing too. After Ben hangs 'em up, think I'm done with this shit league.

I have given up NEAR everything NFL except my beloved STEELERS. This league has sure gone to S-H-I-T yet the $$$money$$$ still rolls in. Gambling is what it is and TV contracts.

Fans like you and I don't mean shit to the NFL GREED MACHINE.

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

They are only personal emails if the other person(s) keep them private. Also, there is a chain of emails that go up through his hiring as Raiders HC.
Lesson here is when saying shitty things about people, make sure the person you're saying them to isn't a snitch.

tapeANaspirin2it

If I am emailing my boss at work it's not a personal email. Either way, everyone is all yay big business they can do what they want when they fire some nobody for no fucking reason, but it is chucky and all the sudden everyone is a you need to be fired with cause activist. Pick a fucking side.

Joe

People with contracts can't be fired for no reason

mdk2

i like how Gruden saying shit is worse than Tyreek Hill breaking his sons arm on purpose, Kareem Hunt kicking his girlfriend in the face on video. Both still playing the NFL lol.

Not to mention Leonard Little guilty of Vehicular homicide, went on to lead the league in sacks.

Words are worse than actions now?

Ironcitysteelers

They are only personal emails if the other person(s) keep them private. Also, there is a chain of emails that go up through his hiring as Raiders HC.
Lesson here is when saying shitty things about people, make sure the person you're saying them to isn't a snitch.
Lesson here is, conform to what might be the standards decades from now.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
I don't care when he said it/wrote it because everyone at that level is under a microscope. I'm not perfect by any means but come on - I know that every new job I get an FBI background check is run on me. My point? Keep a clean nose and be an upstanding citizen.

Period.

So then you're okay with Tyreek Hill, Deshaun Watson, Kareem Hunt etc. etc. all being fired tomorrow too I hope. And Kevin Hart, he needs to be completely cancelled as well?

ADVERTISEMENT