• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gruden Resigns, then is fired

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

warriors42

It's all bullshit, the many cave to the few. look at the movie Django, three major actors, Foxx, DIcaprio and Jackson all off them used the word nigger multiple times in that movie. The funny thing is it didn't stop anyone who liked those actors from watching it whether they were black or white. hell they are still showing it on HBO or Showtime. For those three their wokeness didn't mean shit when it came to that money did it. It's kinda strange not one of them has been canceled.

Whats freaking funny is it's just the snowflakes or the ones that think they look cool to the black folk if they get woke. I have to many black friends to list and not one of them gives a shit about a word. Now to be fair I don't hang out with bleeding heart pussy liberals either, so ya there is that.

I guess my point is this, who gives a shit what someone said ten years ago or ten minutes ago. Unless it was aimed at you personally it aint none of your damn business get some thicker skin and worry about your own life.

ADVERTISEMENT

FordFairLane

He was sending emails to a corporation. He should have known that those emails were subject to review by IT, Cyber Security, Secretaries, etc. Really, what was his reasonable expectation of privacy? It's not like he was sending PMs on FB or gmail to gmail emails. Think about it, even if he had been, he had no control over what the recipient did with the email once it was sent.

Also, as has been pointed out, he sent emails past the time he was employed by an NFL team (Raiders). Really, Gruden was an idiot. Once you hit send, you cant take it back.
And honestly, he probably could have said whatever he wanted to about D. Smith, Gays, Heteros, whomever. But once he said shit about Ol Rog? He was coaching on borrowed time.
I don’t care if he sent them straight to Roger Goodell himself. He wasn’t an employee. His opinions might be distasteful but not illegal and protected by the 1st amendment.

If he sent emails during his employment with the NFL and the NFL/Raiders have a policy prohibiting such conduct then he got what he deserved. Then that’s just laziness and stupidity.

I’m sure his viewpoint on Goodell is first of all shared with many and definitely did not help his situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

ZonaBurgh

I agree but.

Let’s say you send a personal email today about your belief in Christ. A decade from now that is the worst thing a person could say and you will be canceled because of it.

I know not apples to apples but my point is should you be canceled for things you said a decade or so ago? Also, since when is being an ass means you are to be canceled. Not until this generation.
A decade? Cue Christopher Columbus.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? Fuck it.
It's all bullshit, the many cave to the few. look at the movie Django, three major actors, Foxx, DIcaprio and Jackson all off them used the word nigger multiple times in that movie. The funny thing is it didn't stop anyone who liked those actors from watching it whether they were black or white. hell they are still showing it on HBO or Showtime. For those three their wokeness didn't mean shit when it came to that money did it. It's kinda strange not one of them has been canceled.

Whats freaking funny is it's just the snowflakes or the ones that think they look cool to the black folk if they get woke. I have to many black friends to list and not one of them gives a shit about a word. Now to be fair I don't hang out with bleeding heart pussy liberals either, so ya there is that.

I guess my point is this, who gives a shit what someone said ten years ago or ten minutes ago. Unless it was aimed at you personally it aint none of your damn business get some thicker skin and worry about your own life.
O snap. Watch out, ten years you will be cancelled! 😂😂😂

Drink IRON City

Contributor whining about a tag
How is it they haven't released the WFT investigation report? Those attorneys are absolutely right about why is Jon Gruden paying the price for a WFT investigation.

I hope GRUDEN gets paid but also I don't agree with what was written If what was realeased is the truth. I saw a news clip of HIS TEAM (players) has come forward and fully supporting him and said they never had anything of any kind relayed or pushed or felt of this nature from him.

I'm sorry some are offended by 7 year to current crap that was said but as others have stated.......... toughen up buttercup.

Salute the nation

jitter77

Secret Service maybe visiting Gruden soon

"The New York Times did not reveal the specifics of Gruden's comments on Obama — which were made to longtime colleague and friend Bruce Allen, the former president of what is now known as the Washington Football Team — but the outlet noted Gruden criticized the former president's 2012 reelection campaign.

In separate comments, Gruden reportedly referred to Biden as a "clueless p----."

tapeANaspirin2it

Maybe the NFL should refuse to play games in Virginia. Their current governor has yearbook photos of himself in blackface or a Klan robe. He confirmed he's in the picture but will not say which guy is him, not that it really matters. All that matters is a certain letter that appears next to his name that makes it no big deal.

Djfan

I'm glad you brought this up...

Did you know - ever since the world has gone to 'cloud technology' - smart devices have built-in microphones that are automatically turned on w/ voice recognition. The camera can be manipulated as well.

Have you ever asked yourself - why are the Google ads (on your device) showing what I was talking about? The internal mic. In 5 years AI will have captured enough information from you so that you never even need to make/send a request to sites like Amazon. Write that down...
Not sure how this happened, but I get an email each month from google telling me where I have been and when this last month. It has all my travels over the last few years tracked. What the heck is this? I never asked for this.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Secret Service maybe visiting Gruden soon

"The New York Times did not reveal the specifics of Gruden's comments on Obama — which were made to longtime colleague and friend Bruce Allen, the former president of what is now known as the Washington Football Team — but the outlet noted Gruden criticized the former president's 2012 reelection campaign.

In separate comments, Gruden reportedly referred to Biden as a "clueless p----."
I call him that too, today and the eight years he was VP. I have opinons, also.

stillwright

Legitimate sports journalist (ha, let's play fairytale games for a moment): "But gentlemen, what about Spygate - and Robert Kraft's rub & tug with a victim of human sex-trafficking caught on video?" "What kind of punishment did they get?"

The one time I actually liked the Patriot Act - them getting surveillance on that place to nail his ass.
NFL Not Planning to Release More Gruden-Like Emails | Newsmax

wig

WTH are you talking about? First of all Gruden hasn't been back in coaching for 10 years. (Or should I say, "wasn't" back in coaching) Second of all, I was referencing when he took over Tony Dungy's roster in Tampa; which I'm sure you knew when you tried to move the goal line on the discussion. How many SBs did Gruden win with the loaded (except for QB) roster that Dungy left him?
I'll wait.
That's fair. Gruden DID only win when he A) had a loaded team and B) ended up playing his former team who pretty much played the same offense they'd used when Gruden was their coach, giving him and advantage. So at some level, that kinda evens him out with other H.O.F. coaches like Mike Tomlin and Barry Switzer.

My point remains however, I can't think of a single coach in the NFL over the last 10 or 15 years who has had more superstar talent at his disposal but has nothing but 3 playoff wins over the last decade +.

I'm sure Tomlin is a nice guy. I'm sure the players love playing for him. I'm equally sure no Mike Tomlin lead Steeler team will sniff the Superbowl, much less win it.

ZonaBurgh

Let me get this out of the way, what Gruden did in his emails was STUPID!

Does that mean he should lose his job, because that's where it gets cloudy for me at least. We are no longer given the option to apologize for things we may have said or done in jest decades ago. In fact, if you do apologize, it's seen as an admission of guilt and your punishment will be even harsher. How about we allow people to sincerely apologize for things done years ago, and learn from it. What's the reason this is no longer permitted?

But it's the world we've allowed to happen, with everyone walking on eggshells, in our humorless society. This coming from someone of Italian descent that my last name reflects. I don't roll up in a ball if someone does a Dago joke.

BTW, why is Joy Behar still employed?

ADVERTISEMENT