• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Haskins checking his phone and not being attentive during pregame

FordFairLane

Reaction score

I’m warming up taking a QB early. Rudolph was inconsistent after the early TD. Haskins is still Haskins.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

I’m warming up taking a QB early. Rudolph was inconsistent after the early TD. Haskins is still Haskins.
I don’t think there is a true franchise guy available here this season… you take a non franchise qb with a first and it sets you back four years or so figuring out he isn’t the one.., id rather limp through and build the team around the qb until one they absolutely have total faith in is available…

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Who are you taking early...I don't see a legit franchise caliber QB coming out this year, at least none that are worth a first round pick on.

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
A copy and paste from the article:

Mason Rudolph has had 4 years to show who he is. Dwayne Haskins, ostensibly one play from his 1st game action yesterday, spent warm-ups throwing lousy passes & checking his phone. Ben Roethlisberger may not be who he once was, but there’s a reason he’s your QB

This, to me, doesn't seem like we're focused. Make of that of what you will.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
"Pre-game warm up? We talking about pre-game warm up?"
gettyimages-884600082.jpg

FordFairLane

Reaction score
"Pre-game warm up? We talking about pre-game warm up?"
gettyimages-884600082.jpg
When Ben is out and you’re the backup. He should be focused like he’s the starter as the third QB. But when you finally dress and are one play from going in. Damn, show some couth.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Who are you taking early...I don't see a legit franchise caliber QB coming out this year, at least none that are worth a first round pick on.
I haven’t really looked hard at the QB crop this year. I was in the mindset we go next year with Rudolph and if he flops give Haskins December to show if he can do anything. Yesterday gave me doubts on doing that. I was thinking Dustin Crum as a late round flier. And I still do like him. Guy is way way way underrated in my opinion. But now I’m getting warmer to a guy like Pickett if he is there in round 2 or 3.

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
I can only imagine my former boss seeing me on my phone in an important situation we dealt with together. He would have gone ballistic. And yes, I liked him and he liked me as well. I had too much respect for him to do that.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Dwayne Haskins is in his third year as a former first-round pick and he's a third stringer. Guys like that don't develop into viable starting quarterbacks. As a guy who thought Ben should've retired after last year, I'd rather watch him struggle (by his standards) through another season than watch Rudolph or Haskins.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone screaming that there isn't a legit franchise QB worthy of a first round pick, but there are a lot of QB prospects out there, and some come out of nowhere, some slip thru the cracks. I mean, not everyone that was worthy of a first round pick turns out to be a franchise QB either. Russel Wilson wasn't a first rounder, no one pegged him to be a franchise QB. Then there's that guy in TB, what's his name... Tony Romo was undrafted. Andrew Luck was supposed to be the closest thing to a sure thing coming out, injuries derailed his career pretty early on. Cousins was drafted AFTER RG3, and only one of them is still playing in the league. Point is, the draft is a crapshoot no matter which round you pick in. And QB's that light it up in college and are sure fire prospects don't always pan out, and sometimes that kid from the small school that didn't play great competition turns out to be pretty damn good.

I think there's a lot of talent out there, and a lot of these guys will succeed or fail just by the system they are put in.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I don’t think there is a true franchise guy available here this season… you take a non franchise qb with a first and it sets you back four years or so figuring out he isn’t the one.., id rather limp through and build the team around the qb until one they absolutely have total faith in is available…
See, I just don’t think that’s the case anymore. If you miss, I don’t think it’s the death spell thag it used to be. Arizona is a good example. The Jets are a dumpster fire no matter what, but they think they found their guy shortly after rolling with Darnold.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone screaming that there isn't a legit franchise QB worthy of a first round pick, but there are a lot of QB prospects out there, and some come out of nowhere, some slip thru the cracks. I mean, not everyone that was worthy of a first round pick turns out to be a franchise QB either. Russel Wilson wasn't a first rounder, no one pegged him to be a franchise QB. Then there's that guy in TB, what's his name... Tony Romo was undrafted. Andrew Luck was supposed to be the closest thing to a sure thing coming out, injuries derailed his career pretty early on. Cousins was drafted AFTER RG3, and only one of them is still playing in the league. Point is, the draft is a crapshoot no matter which round you pick in. And QB's that light it up in college and are sure fire prospects don't always pan out, and sometimes that kid from the small school that didn't play great competition turns out to be pretty damn good.

I think there's a lot of talent out there, and a lot of these guys will succeed or fail just by the system they are put in.
Sorry, but I don’t trust Tomlin or Canada to groom a QB, that’s the problem with looking for a diamond in the rough.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Which Warmup? How long was he on his phone? Was he tik toking?

Non story by the **** stirrer Aditty "Tomlin won't address me by name so I'm going to pout about it" Kinkybuala...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Which Warmup? How long was he on his phone? Was he tik toking?

Non story by the **** stirrer Aditty "Tomlin won't address me by name so I'm going to pout about it" Kinkybuala...
If it was before the team warmup like when they go out for stretching and catching this would be no story Cope. There is no way it was not during team warmup or its probably Aditi losing her job not Dwayne.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
They just signed James Morgan to the practice squad. I have no idea who that is but I'm thinking Dwayne is gone gone gone he has been gone so long.

If you want to read my thoughts on James Morgan.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don’t trust Tomlin or Canada to groom a QB, that’s the problem with looking for a diamond in the rough.

Totally agree here, they have had problems grooming players / projects.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I wanna be 100% clear because this is a fluid story. If this was before they all come out in gear and do warm up. Indies Team that is irresponsible journalism. But if my kid brought a phone to that warmup on his Varsity team he is done after the coach verbally rips his head off and ***** down his neck. And Haskins should be gone.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They just signed James Morgan to the practice squad. I have no idea who that is but I'm thinking Dwayne is gone gone gone he has been gone so long.

I actually think it's a NO NO having cell phones or electronics (not issued by the NFL) on the side lines / field. Could get a fine possibly and now that it is brought to everybody's attention it becomes more likely.

I'm only going out of memory on the rule for electronics,.............. anyone have a clarification on this ?

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
See, I just don’t think that’s the case anymore. If you miss, I don’t think it’s the death spell thag it used to be. Arizona is a good example. The Jets are a dumpster fire no matter what, but they think they found their guy shortly after rolling with Darnold.
I don’t want to be burning first round picks on duds…

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I actually think it's a NO NO having cell phones or electronics (not issued by the NFL) on the side lines / field. Could get a fine possibly and now that it is brought to everybody's attention it becomes more likely.

I'm only going out of memory on the rule for electronics,.............. anyone have a clarification on this ?

Salute the nation
Ben was fined for his wife puting apple watch on surgically repaired immobile arm but that was game. Stretch and catch all the time on electronics. Bit during full team warmup gone.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t want to be burning first round picks on duds…

I don't think anyone does but no matter what it's a crap shoot.

I'm kind of hoping one more merciful year with BEN and then a true 1st round pick and trade up if need.

Build the team this off season and don't waste big money.

Salute the nation