• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hatred for the Titans

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I am declaring an official end for my "Hatred" of the Titans. Understand, growing up, my most hated team was the Oilers! So they moved to Tennessee, but still they wear those Oiler throwbacks. Then there is the so-called music city miracle . . .Bullshit, that was a backwards pass! Anywho, they knock off the che*triots and the ravens back to back? I still don't like them as they are an AFC threat to the Stairway to 7, but they have gained much respect in my own, humble opinion!

Last edited:

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I agree 100%. I’ve called them the Oilers despite the name change, but now for the job they did the last two weeks knocking off my two most hated teams since the 70s oilers.... they are Titans from here on out.

I’m glad they got the 6 spot, because I don’t see how we could’ve done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Spike

Reaction score
I concur

Knocking the Pats and Ravens out of the playoffs in back to back games earns them a star for the year from me too, lol

Steelmann

Reaction score
It’s kind of weird,I didn’t hate the Oilers back then as much as I hate on the Bengals and Ravens of today. The Browns I just felt a little sorry for,but they are trending upwards again in to hate status.

Maybe my memory is hazy. But my favorite RB of all time was Earl the pearl,I didn’t mind coach Bum,and QB Dan was alright. Don’t get me wrong.....it’s not like I rooted for them,but the animosity is not the same. And mad props to them for beating cheat ******** team #1,and no class,smugtard team #2.

Reactions: JMM

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Ok let me caution everyone right the **** now... in 01 every Steelers fan was giving props to the *’s for knocking off the raiders before they got us... we begrudgingly respected the cheatmaster for his work with the giants and gave these nobody worldbeaters a pass......

Vrable was an inner circle Belicheat guy... I don’t trust him for a second... great they beat tge evil empire and our rivals... now they can go to hell and lose asap... **** all belicheat disciples....

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Even though Vrabel is an ex-Cheat, he gets props for preparing his team and having a solid game plan to play the Rats. Capitalizing on Jackson’s turnovers and screwups was icing on the cake.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
What was better hearing Bill got in the HOF or watching the Titans beat the Rats all night long. Brings a smile to your face doesn't it
Bill Cowher earned his jacket. Crafton babeee!
The Rats **** the bed and the Flying Thumbtacks advance.
All is well in the universe!

Spike

Reaction score
Vrabel was one Steeler we should never have let get away, they gave up too soon on him, not the usual Steelers M.O.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
This brings me back to the days of Fisher, McNair, George, Mason, etc. I couldn’t stand those teams. Not playing them as much and them being average for so long has cooked my dislike for them, plus I can get behind Vrabel, Henry, and AJ Brown.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok let me caution everyone right the **** now... in 01 every Steelers fan was giving props to the *’s for knocking off the raiders before they got us... we begrudgingly respected the cheatmaster for his work with the giants and gave these nobody worldbeaters a pass......

Vrable was an inner circle Belicheat guy... I don’t trust him for a second... great they beat tge evil empire and our rivals... now they can go to hell and lose asap... **** all belicheat disciples....

He never coached for the Pats. not a Belicheat tree limb.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I have been "eh" on the Titans, never really hated them until they play the Steelers, but never really liked them either. I do like good, hard-nosed football and that's what they are playing. To beat NE and BAL back-to-back on the road, that's a fine storyline right there. I don't care where Vrabel came from, he beat his former team, so that counts for something. There is nothing flashy about them. A good D, heck of a RB and OL, game manager QB and a smart HC. I like that recipe for sucess. Sounds like a team we know or used to.

Muddler

Reaction score
Never really hated the Oilers and certainly don't have any hard feelings for the franchise since it moved to Tenn. Oilers had good teams in the Pastorini, Campbell era but the Steelers always managed to beat them. Besides you had to like a colorful guy like Bum Phillips. No, for me it was the Raiders back then - as The Emperor said "They are(were) the criminal element of the NFL". Now, its the Cheats and Rats, with the Bungs a close third. Interestingly this year when the Cheats and Rats played I found that I hated the Cheats slightly more. Regardless, glad none of the four are gonna get a Super Bowl this year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The last two weeks victories makes them a NICE pair of..........................

I'm on board for them as they show no danger to our beloved STEELERS who, if you don't know by now, are sitting in their couches thinking........yea, never a losing season.

Always next year and oh what a difference a off season makes !!!!!

Salute the nation

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Bill Cowher earned his jacket. Crafton babeee!
The Rats **** the bed and the Flying Thumbtacks advance.
All is well in the universe!

Crafton??

str8liner

Reaction score
I was always kinda meh and whatever on the Titans too. When the Bum Phillips Earl Campbell Warren Moon era Oilers days ended and they eventually ended up the Titans the hatred never transferred over for me... Don't even remember hating them when Fisher, Mcnair and George was there either.

Sure do love what they are doing in the playoffs this year.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

Oh for **** sake, get the **** outta here with that ****. We just enjoyed watching our hated division rival get punched in the mouth and then crash and burn in their own backyard as a #1 seed, after a 14-2 regular season, and you're in here bleating about the pats. Christ al-*******-mighty.

Spike, I guess you were right

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Agree. I liked vrable at Ohio State,. Was happy when the Steelers got him, but then they didn't use him and he ends up in New **** land. Goes on to win Superbowls. Now the guy gets a HC job and has his team prepared and coding for a SB berth.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Oh for **** sake, get the **** outta here with that ****. We just enjoyed watching our hated division rival get punched in the mouth and then crash and burn in their own backyard as a #1 seed, after a 14-2 regular season, and you're in here bleating about the pats. Christ al-*******-mighty.

Spike, I guess you were right

Who ******* cares... Vrabel was one of the defensive players the pats allegedly miked before that was legal... he is a tainted piece of **** in my book... im not rooting for that... the raven are our rivals cause they legit went toe to toe with us... the pats cheated us out of multiple super bowls... I like seeing the ravens lose, but i loathe any of the Pats dynasty inner circle... they can all rot in hell...

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
The ravens losing last night felt amazing!
I'm all on board the Titans or Texans winning it all, simply because they will be completely forgotten.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the OP saying that the Music City Miracle was bullshit? I'm confused?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Go Flaming Ts...for now anyway.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

The Steelers were the reason Vrabel ever was a cheat, he was a Steeler first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app