• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Heading to Philly … need places to eat

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading to Philly tomorrow for the Eagles/Giants game…. I know I know.. but the kids love the Giants and it’s a promise I had to keep…

Anyway any recommendations on places to eat or what to do?

Me, GF and 16, 19 years olds.

Next year strip back to Pittsburgh is already planned.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t do the “famous” Philly cheesesteaks places like Pats or Jenos….they suck ***.

Go here. This market places has tons of great food spots and real cool too.

A good, well it’s ok but it’s a Philly spot is Chicki and Pete’s. Get the crabie fries. They don’t have crab on it so don’t get mad. Lol. There cheesesteaks are ok but not great but any stretch.

Reactions: MTC

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd recommend Jerry's Bar on Laurel Street. Great food at a somewhat reasonable price, excellent drinks, and good people. Ask for the specials, they're usually well worth it.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t do the “famous” Philly cheesesteaks places like Pats or Jenos….they suck ***.

A good, well it’s ok but it’s a Philly spot is Chicki and Pete’s. Get the crabie fries. They don’t have crab on it so don’t get mad. Lol. There cheesesteaks are ok but not great but any stretch.
I’ll probably stop at Jim’s and Delesandros. Multiple times

Buster

Reaction score
Reading Terminal Market. Dinic’s pork sandwich. Look it up. You won’t be disappointed.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

100%% agree.

The Mussels White at Chickie & Pete's is awesome for bar food.
Reading Market has enough cool foods to try something different each day for about a month!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS

Scott, I hope you enjoy the game and the city.

Look for the oportunities to plant the seed to convert the kids to STEELERS fans,....... then one big family trip to PITTSBURGH.!

Salute the nation

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
PS

Scott, I hope you enjoy the game and the city.

Look for the oportunities to plant the seed to convert the kids to STEELERS fans,....... then one big family trip to PITTSBURGH.!

Salute the nation
Oh it’s already in the worlds…. They got me a bad *** Mexican Steelers poncho for Christmas. They know what’s up.

Next year I’ll try to get tix to a game in Pittsburgh and bring my dad up to his first game.

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
And just remember you in Philly, a certain party run major city. It is a **** hole. So watch.

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
100%% agree.

The Mussels White at Chickie & Pete's is awesome for bar food.
Reading Market has enough cool foods to try something different each day for about a month!
I don’t know why but I feel this Canadian is a relative of mine. 😂

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
And just remember you in Philly, a certain party run major city. It is a **** hole. So watch.
We got in at about 8pm. Had to pick up a rental car and the morons standing in line none of them had reservations. People arguing with the desk people. One person even told the poor lady behind the counter they better go out and bring them a car because they were gonna tear up the city.

People walking around smoking weed.

This city is gonna be bonkers tomorrow when it comes alive in the morning.

Philly fans get nuts.

Of course I will sample several different cheesesteaks tomorrow. Maybe the only redeeming quality this town has.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Tell them the flyers suck
They know it already…. I’ve been a Pena fan for 4 decades abs I rub it in my friends faces every year

Reactions: MTC

deljzc

Reaction score
This is going to be too late this morning, but I would NOT recommend Chickie & Pete's. I think that place is a bit overrated. Similar to what people say about the two warring Cheesesteak factories: Pat's and Gino's, although to me it is worth a late night trip there (at like 1AM-2AM) just to be amazed at the long lines for Cheesesteaks after the bars let out. And they do taste pretty good late at night....

If you are looking for sandwiches before the game, I would HIGHLY recommend Pastificio's in South Philly. It's actually NEXT to the Chickie & Pete's in the same strip mall (so if you do just want to get an order of Crab Fries you can). That place has the best ******* sandwiches in the world. The buffalo chicken cutlet sandwich is like the best thing on earth. So if you are looking for pre-tail gating grub or stuff you can take to eat before the game, go there.

After the game, I would recommend going into Little Italy to an old school CASH ONLY italian restaraunt called Villa Di Roma. It's right on 9th Street, a small drive up from the Pat's/Gino's corner. That place would be great after the game. I don't think they take reservations but it is far enough away from the stadium (not too far - easy drive) to maybe not be so full. Their red sauce is crazy good. And you get the ambiance of being on the street Rocky ran on in the movie (looks almost the same too). 9th Street is pretty much the middle of Little Italy.

Again... cash only.