• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hello. My nams is JMM and I'm a Steelers Fan

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Hello. My name is JMM and I'm a Steelers Fan

Its been over 20 hours since I last watched the Steelers. :)

What the hell happened this season? Seems like it just started a couple weeks ago, next thing you know its over. I figured they would fold up like a cheap suit after Ben went down but the season got exciting. I was more into this season watching them over perform than probably the previous 10 or so seasons. They were playing great D, controlling the ball with a decent running game, simple passing game, decent special teams (they even scored on a punt return!) and playing overall very well as a team. No distractions, no big egos, seemed like we would finally have a season without all the crap,,then there was the game in Cleveland. They came out flat and then the debacle at the end brought all the crap pouring back in. Fortunate they didn't derail at the time. They got back on track and were playing good ball again. We had Duck Mania! At 8-5, like most of you I figured they were a lock to make the playoffs, then the bottom fell out. Seems like they were flat against the Bills but I figured they would stomp the Jets, after that didn't happen I thought they would somehow pull out some magic against the Rats backups...No such luck...

At the time of Ben's injury if you told me we'd be 8-5 and have a shot at the playoffs I'd have been friggin ecstatic but with the 3 game slide and once again missing the playoffs, I'm feeling low and disappointed after watching them play above expectations for a good chunk of the season. No cure to fix the problem, not placing blame on anyone, just "talking" it out and grateful for this forum. Much less expensive than therapy. :)

Last edited:

Spike

Reaction score
I faced our death this year when Bens elbow popped, with all the stages of grief early on, I've moved on to acceptance that we need a franchise QB

And a new #1 WR and #1 RB

Yea verily

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I faced our death this year when Bens elbow popped, with all the stages of grief early on, I've moved on to acceptance that we need a franchise QB

And a new #1 WR and #1 RB

Yea verily

Not to mention a couple of new O Linemen.

Spike

Reaction score
Looks like the Steelers will be playing in Jacksonville next year, good news for me

Maybe their tickets will be cheaper again, lol

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Its been over 20 hours since I last watched the Steelers. :)

What the hell happened this season? Seems like it just started a couple weeks ago, next thing you know its over. I figured they would fold up like a cheap suit after Ben went down but the season got exciting. I was more into this season watching them over perform than probably the previous 10 or so seasons. They were playing great D, controlling the ball with a decent running game, simple passing game, decent special teams (they even scored on a punt return!) and playing overall very well as a team. No distractions, no big egos, seemed like we would finally have a season without all the crap,,then there was the game in Cleveland. They came out flat and then the debacle at the end brought all the crap pouring back in. Fortunate they didn't derail at the time. They got back on track and were playing good ball again. We had Duck Mania! At 8-5, like most of you I figured they were a lock to make the playoffs, then the bottom fell out. Seems like they were flat against the Bills but I figured they would stomp the Jets, after that didn't happen I thought they would somehow pull out some magic against the Rats backups...No such luck...

At the time of Ben's injury if you told me we'd be 8-5 and have a shot at the playoffs I'd have been friggin ecstatic but with the 3 game slide and once again missing the playoffs, I'm feeling low and disappointed after watching them play above expectations for a good chunk of the season. No cure to fix the problem, not placing blame on anyone, just "talking" it out and grateful for this forum. Much less expensive than therapy. :)

My name is slashsteel and I am a die-hard Steelers fanatic. I am a drinking fan with a football problem. Nice to meet ya. Hi

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
My name is DJ and I think that my fan addiction has been cured. I found success with the goodell treatment system. I supplimented it with some cheaters observation. I have never been this free.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
My name is DJ and I think that my fan addiction has been cured. I found success with the goodell treatment system. I supplimented it with some cheaters observation. I have never been this free.

I felt the same way going into this year, especially after ABs BS. Once I started seeing the new recruits step up their game and give it their all, it re-energized my interest in the team. It was great watching the no names play as a team rather than watching the big names under perform especially against lesser talent.

Old habits seemed to reappear once it seemed they were a lock for the playoffs. Seemed like they let their foot off the gas and the turnover needle switched to the red side. Definitely one of the more disappointing ends to a season at least for me in awhile.