• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Heyward Tells Bush to Calm Down

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
From Bill Cowher’s book; it wasn’t all sunshine and roses, especially through those 1st 6 years. They had a lot of locker room drama; but also had the leadership to check teammates too.

I wouldn't doubt it. Wasn't he the youngest HC ever hired at that time (if I'm off, apologies), and was also because of the departure of a living legend in Chuck Noll. All that matters are the end results, which were pretty damn good.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
From Bill Cowher’s book; it wasn’t all sunshine and roses, especially through those 1st 6 years. They had a lot of locker room drama; but also had the leadership to check teammates too.
In response to post #22

It’s all Ben’s fault

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it. Wasn't he the youngest HC ever hired at that time (if I'm off, apologies), and was also because of the departure of a living legend in Chuck Noll. All that matters are the end results, which were pretty damn good.
Ironically, Noll’s accomplishments didn’t mean much to many players—Hardy Nickerson was one mentioned to be specific.

Noll would say he knew it was a Super Bowl Caliber team, but he was no longer the coach to do it.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Heyward's words mean nothing. Ask AB and Bell. JuJu also. Unless now as in this offseason... he is becoming some vocal leader in the locker room. I doubt it. Bush will still be tweeting his dumb **** soon enough. Tombert will be silent also....unfortunately.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
if he calls him privately no need to talk publicly
Maybe he spoke to him privately well before his last dumbass comment on tweeters. You have no way of knowing with certainty

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
**** could you imagine Cowher or Noll having to deal with these idiots. That said they would be in pretty good shape for running laps all day.

Glad Cowher got out when he did...I thought he would have gone back into coaching a couple years after his wife passed, but maybe he saw the writing on the wall and decided to stick with his TV gig. Couldn't blame him.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
**** could you imagine Cowher or Noll having to deal with these idiots. That said they would be in pretty good shape for running laps all day.

Glad Cowher got out when he did...I thought he would have gone back into coaching a couple years after his wife passed, but maybe he saw the writing on the wall and decided to stick with his TV gig. Couldn't blame him.
From his book, I'm guessing he won't be coaching again. He likes his life as it is. He's been approached by several teams and just can't see putting in the type of all-in effort that being a head coach requires.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

BOTH Cowher and Knoll showed that they could handle the players of their respective times............ that also shows they would be able to hanndle these players as well because they made adjustments even in those ERAs. If you think the methods of their respective times would work today, highly doubtful but both respective coaches would have adjusted to methods they find to work. That arguement of these two coaches not being able to handle toddays players is bullshit unless you are saying they use their ERA ONLY of coaching style. Anyone but a fool can see it would require different stance and either of thes two said coaches could handle transitioning as they grew.

Tomlin has transitioned in his time here to aquire his management style for todays players is Tomlin of such greatness to say no other coach could transition?

JMM I hear exactly what you are saying but also like it known that either coach would change as the times have changed.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
BOTH Cowher and Knoll showed that they could handle the players of their respective times............ that also shows they would be able to hanndle these players as well because they made adjustments even in those ERAs. If you think the methods of their respective times would work today, highly doubtful but both respective coaches would have adjusted to methods they find to work. That arguement of these two coaches not being able to handle toddays players is bullshit unless you are saying they use their ERA ONLY of coaching style. Anyone but a fool can see it would require different stance and either of thes two said coaches could handle transitioning as they grew.

Tomlin has transitioned in his time here to aquire his management style for todays players is Tomlin of such greatness to say no other coach could transition?

JMM I hear exactly what you are saying but also like it known that either coach would change as the times have changed.

Salute the nation
I don’t think Cowher would be able to settle the guys in today’s era. It’s a different society now than 15 years ago

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t think Cowher would be able to settle the guys in today’s era. It’s a different society now than 15 years ago

Definately a different society from them till now but like Tomlin, Cowher would have learned and changed along the way. Look how much different Cowher coached his last five years as opposed to his first five years, changes. Tonlin same way, his first five to his last five, changes.

Just my opinion

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Definately a different society from them till now but like Tomlin, Cowher would have learned and changed along the way. Look how much different Cowher coached his last five years as opposed to his first five years, changes. Tonlin same way, his first five to his last five, changes.

Just my opinion

Salute the nation
Maybe

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Well Bush apparently stated his tweeter platform is his so the Steelers can't tell what to do with it. I am expecting Heyward to lay the law down with him now. Anybody agree?

( Sent from TribLive )

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
No i dont expect that.

I would like him to get lit up by a team leader, like a big slap upside the head (minimum) But these days everyone is a *****.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He
Well Bush apparently stated his tweeter platform is his so the Steelers can't tell what to do with it. I am expecting Heyward to lay the law down with him now. Anybody agree?

( Sent from TribLive )
Heyward and Banner should **** him up

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't realize their dad's played ball together and that they (Cam & Devin) were as close as they are. That's at least a good sign for the young guy.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course Cowher made the playoffs his first 6 years. He did it with Noll's players...

:rolleyes:

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
Or how 'bout... Lloyd's "I wasn't hired for my disposition" to Bush's "It's my Twitter so the Steelers can't control it."

Reasons why my love of football in general has waned drastically over the years.

Reactions: JMM