• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hockey is On (maybe)

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens have no one to blame but themselves. Six power plays including a 5 on 3 and a penalty shot and nothing to show for it. Too many passengers. Jason Zucker is soft. Bleuger and Aston-Reese offer nothing. Guentzel and Geno were invisible aside from Guentzel falling down over and over. So much for being healthy.

str8liner

Reaction score
I am officially done with Murray. He was a one hit wonder. We got rid of the wrong goalie.

If this is the only week that we get preached about the need for marxist racism movement, I'll stick around. If not, if it continues, I'm out.

Racism is horrid on every level. So is marxism, and so is not having every black life matter.

Skipped over all the BS but yea if we get constantly preached too I am shelving hockey with the rest of the sports....

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I am officially done with Murray. He was a one hit wonder. We got rid of the wrong goalie.

If this is the only week that we get preached about the need for marxist racism movement, I'll stick around. If not, if it continues, I'm out.

Racism is horrid on every level. So is marxism, and so is not having every black life matter.

They mentioned the entire playoffs this crap was going to go on. They pull that nonsense next game and I'm out. Hockey was the final sports alamo for me.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The Pens have no one to blame but themselves. Six power plays including a 5 on 3 and a penalty shot and nothing to show for it. Too many passengers. Jason Zucker is soft. Bleuger and Aston-Reese offer nothing. Guentzel and Geno were invisible aside from Guentzel falling down over and over. So much for being healthy.

I think they sharpened Jake's skates with a hammer.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
When Crosby and Malkin are both on the Pens can beat anyone. If one is off they are just another team. Crosby was on his edges, scored and created opportunities. Malkin played on the perimeter and was s non factor. If Price plays like that the Penguins are going to be done early again.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think the ice was pretty crappy which led to a lot of people falling and whiffing on the puck. Cant really use that as much of an excuse though cause both teams had to play on it.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Just turn off the frigging sound and enjoy the game. It’s actually a good game considering they have been off for how long? Make it about the game. Seems guys like you like to politicalize everything,just like that movement does. Once again. Turn off the sound. Watch the game. That is.....if you enjoy hockey. The same for the upcoming Steelers season. Man.

No, I'm going to turn off the game. Game one was a free test ride. Game two done with you.

Nobody wants this mother ******* horseshit in their sports environment.

I already read again today the NFL is following in the same footsteps as the NBA. Well adios mother *******.

I'll choose my own political shows to watch. It won't be them.

It's sad that they got manipulated. I won't look back.

miiike

Contributor
Reaction score
Have to say the no crowd really does make it odd to watch. Seems like an exhibition game. The fake crowd noise also got a little odd/grating. It did not match what was happening and was just random buzzing.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Jarry needs to start next game

I'll take it further. Murray needs to be traded. The whole "he knows how to win in big games" ain't holding water. He may have been a one-hit wonder like Jim Craig, but he is not a number one anymore.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Murray lost whatever mojo he had. I do not think he played terrible but was not good enough. Every one knows to shoot high glove side and Murray can't stop it. Tough choice what to do now. I would have started jarry and if he struggled then switch to Murray. Do you put a cold jarry in next game or ride with murray? At this point i think you have to stay with Murray rather than stick jarry in a very tough spot.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Murray lost whatever mojo he had. I do not think he played terrible but was not good enough. Every one knows to shoot high glove side and Murray can't stop it. Tough choice what to do now. I would have started jarry and if he struggled then switch to Murray. Do you put a cold jarry in next game or ride with murray? At this point i think you have to stay with Murray rather than stick jarry in a very tough spot.

I agree with you until that "stick with Murray" part. He was cold, but went in. Now it's Jarry's time. Murray had an .899 going into that game. That is not playoff hockey numbers. Jarry had a .921. Big difference. Jarry played better than Murray in the exhibition game on Tuesday. This one is a no-brainer.

Sully can be stubborn. Expect to see Murray.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens have lost seven straight playoff games and nine of their last 10. Murray has been in net for all of them. Might want to try something different.

This team has too many players that contribute very little, yet are still in the lineup every night getting minutes. I could list them, but you know who they are. Sullivan's, and unfortunately the Pens downfall will be his inability plug in other players that are better than his chosen ones.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens just announced the Murray will get the start tonight. Yay.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I agree with you until that "stick with Murray" part. He was cold, but went in. Now it's Jarry's time. Murray had an .899 going into that game. That is not playoff hockey numbers. Jarry had a .921. Big difference. Jarry played better than Murray in the exhibition game on Tuesday. This one is a no-brainer.

Sully can be stubborn. Expect to see Murray.

I do think jarry should have started game 1, but now do you put a young, cold, somewhat inexperienced guy in a pretty much must win have against a team with confidence? It is a tough choice. I just hope they have murray on a super short leash. If he gives up one goal and its questionable i would pull him

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Pens have lost seven straight playoff games and nine of their last 10. Murray has been in net for all of them. Might want to try something different.

This team has too many players that contribute very little, yet are still in the lineup every night getting minutes. I could list them, but you know who they are. Sullivan's, and unfortunately the Pens downfall will be his inability plug in other players that are better than his chosen ones.

A reminder at what a waste it was signing Johnson to that big deal.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Gonna be real disappointed if Lafferty isn’t in the lineup tonight. He could easily replace any one of ZAR, Marleau or Sheary. And would somebody please help Zucker find his damn balls.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens PP is a dumpster fire. That much talent with so many opportunities and yet they struggle repeatedly. It’s pathetic. 5 on 5 the pens look great. On the PP, it’s a clown show.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I have said it already - we don't go deep in this post season.

And, if the nfl players keep kneeling, I'm done anyway.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good thing they kept Murray in........He was great tonight

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Good thing they kept Murray in........He was great tonight

He was. And, I'm no longer on the Murray bandwagon. So, this is an unbiased opinion. Good for you Murray. Do it again!

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Murray looked great. Letang had some more horrible passes.