• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hockey is On (maybe)

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Rags are the first team out. Swept by the Canes, who look pretty damn good so far.

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Let's Go Pens!!

They sounded pretty ragged but it was great to listen to a win for the first time in what 5 months? Was awesome to hear another game called by Mike Lange and the Ol 29er.

P.S. The NFL sucks...

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Can anyone hit a stick and then control the puck. Passing is just terrible.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Talk about out played, out hit , out coached , this team really looks like plyoffs of the past, not ready. That third period was just plain awful

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
If we lose this series, is Sully gone?

str8liner

Reaction score
Penguins don’t have a strong supporting cast.

You have some aging stars in Sid, Letang and Malkin, some good players that aren't playing up top potential like Guentzel Rust and Murray, and a bunch of average younger players.

You add that to this teams tendency of overlooking opponents and this is what you get.
Even if they do manage to win the series they stand no chance against some of the other teams in the East.

Another problem I think many overlooked is how teams would react to the layoff, the new playoff format and being in the "bubble" playing without fans, in the same location etc. It effects teams and works for or against them differently IMO.

Last edited:

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Penguins don’t have a strong supporting cast.

Jack Johnson sucks. I don't know what happened to Schultz, but he's a shell of his former self. Don't know why they're so high on Pettersson, he's average at best.

Marleau is useless, and the stupid retaliatory penalty Aston-Reese took in the third period of a 3-3 game, in a 1-1 best-of-five series is unforgivable.

That being said, let's hope they can pull out these last two games, because I would hate to see Sullivan go. Losing to the 24th seed might be enough.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d hate to see Sullivan go, but his stubbornness put the team in this position.
It all goes back to Feb 2018.

The team was clicking just fine. Had a bit of swagger too with Oleksiak and Reaves.
Sheahan’s line was coming along.

Since trading for Brassard it’s been a train off the rails crash

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t see the Penguins winning this series.
The same mentality is back that was evident in the late Bylsma years. Frustration

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I’d hate to see Sullivan go, but his stubbornness put the team in this position.
It all goes back to Feb 2018.

The team was clicking just fine. Had a bit of swagger too with Oleksiak and Reaves.
Sheahan’s line was coming along.

Since trading for Brassard it’s been a train off the rails crash

Why do you blame Sullivan and not Rutherford?

I don't understand why they didn't give Kahun or Galchenyuk a legitimate chance this season, either.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you blame Sullivan and not Rutherford?

I don't understand why they didn't give Kahun or Galchenyuk a legitimate chance this season, either.

Sullivan has a stubborness to not play certain players.
Rutherford is to blame as well.

Hate to say it but the team threw everything in 16 and 17 cup wins.
They’re gonna be in rebuild phase. Hopefully one last push from Sid and Malkin but expect some late 90’s Pens all over

str8liner

Reaction score
Talk about out played, out hit , out coached , this team really looks like plyoffs of the past, not ready. That third period was just plain awful

Some teams are better suited for what has happened this year with the layoff. As we all know the Pens are not one of those teams.

When they announced the way they were going to finish the season the first thing that crossed my mind was that it didn't fit the Pens MO very well.

Playing in a "bubble" away from home, no crowd etc. Not the best scenario if your team has "motivational" issues..