• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hockey is On (maybe)

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Good. I hope our center ice purchase is still active.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I want hockey back.
Think they should just scrap it and prep for next season.
Same goes for the nba.

Ahl canceled. If the nhl does resume, I wonder if they can utilize black aces from their ahl clubs

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
They need to just cancel the season. Continuing this season will **** up next season. I could see an abbreviated playoff, not an expanded one.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
May as well embrace it. At least all of our injured should in great shape.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Best part is Jake should be back! Pens vs Habs for right to play Flyers

Regular Season Awards

Rocket - Ovechkin/Pastrnak
Art Ross - Draisaitl
Presidents Trophy - Bawston
Jennings Trophy - Rask/Halak

Hart - TBD probably McDavid or Draisaitl

Last edited:

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Jake should be back and fully healthy will be Dumoulin and Marino. Simon and Bjugstad will not be available. Who starts in goal?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Jake should be back and fully healthy will be Dumoulin and Marino. Simon and Bjugstad will not be available. Who starts in goal?

You have to bet on Jarry. But it will be Murray.

When does it actually start? Why is there no calendar out anywhere?

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
I hope it is Jarry, but agree knowing Sully he will got with Murray.

And nobody knows what team is gonna be in shape and have chemistry to win the cup. Stillers Flyers lost a lot of impressive momentum. Pens should have Jake and Tampa Stomkos. Never know what happens with top 4 round robin seeding either.

Expect another announcement soon and **** of Max Kellerman, douche

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stillers

Reaction score
I hope it is Jarry, but agree knowing Sully he will got with Murray.

And nobody knows what team is gonna be in shape and have chemistry to win the cup. Stillers Flyers lost a lot of impressive momentum. Pens should have Jake and Tampa Stomkos. Never know what happens with top 4 round robin seeding either.

Expect another announcement soon and **** of Max Kellerman, douche

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Flyers are the #4 seed so they can only improve in the round robin. Worst case they get trounced and remain the 4 seed.....whatevs.

Pens have to play Carey Price and while I think they beat the Habs...WHO KNOWS!!!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Flyers are the #4 seed so they can only improve in the round robin. Worst case they get trounced and remain the 4 seed.....whatevs.

Pens have to play Carey Price and while I think they beat the Habs...WHO KNOWS!!!

It's been so long any kind of mojo teams had going may not go so well now. It's really hard to say. I know the pens will be healthy. It depends on who's been conditioning in this long vaction and who has not. There's going to be rust.

Buster

Reaction score
I think the teams that advance through the first round have a big advantage on those with a bye and haven't seen game action.

Last edited:

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Camp to open July 10th!!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to this. I like our chances being healthy. Goalie is my only concern.

str8liner

Reaction score

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Crosby was back skating again today and expected to make trip to Toronto. Said to have felt something he didn't like but will be okay.

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Both teams looked sloppy and it shows they are playing in July. Ice was horrible. Could tell the fans were not there and they were pumping in crowd noise. They did not want you hearing the talk on the ice. Horrible crowd noise on goals and especially bad on the ohhh's and ahhh's on saves or just missed shots, like a laugh track being 2 seconds off. The broadcast delay seems to help beeping out language and the play by play was still annoying *** Bob Errey with his Mears-y bullshit all game rooting and coaching the other team. Ended up switching to Philly broadcast.

Observations: very slow play as expected. Letang still a turnover machine. Malkin when focused on a shift great but when the Lazy Russian plays more than focused Russian = not good. Thought the 4th line was the best all game. Sid and the kids will be fine; Sheary seems to only thrive with Sid and Jake was right back in it. I think Jarry needs to start but it is going to be Murray on Saturday. Power Play was dreadful still, too cute and not shooting the puck like usual. Letang and Malkin then followed by Murray will cause the Pens to lose if and when they do.

Whoever wins is going to be the team with the fundamentals and playing their system with crisp tape to tape passes. The speed seems to be taken away by the ice and passes need to be right on point not the Pens fancy pants ****. Saw too many times attempts to thread passes, go between legs, drop to nobody and why does Malkin need to bring the puck across the blue on the PP? Not sure about big hits and fights and then I watch Calgary and Edmonton, big time hits and a fight. Going to be interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Both teams looked sloppy and it shows they are playing in July. Ice was horrible. Could tell the fans were not there and they were pumping in crowd noise. They did not want you hearing the talk on the ice. Horrible crowd noise on goals and especially bad on the ohhh's and ahhh's on saves or just missed shots, like a laugh track being 2 seconds off. The broadcast delay seems to help beeping out language and the play by play was still annoying *** Bob Errey with his Mears-y bullshit all game rooting and coaching the other team. Ended up switching to Philly broadcast.

Observations: very slow play as expected. Letang still a turnover machine. Malkin when focused on a shift great but when the Lazy Russian plays more than focused Russian = not good. Thought the 4th line was the best all game. Sid and the kids will be fine; Sheary seems to only thrive with Sid and Jake was right back in it. I think Jarry needs to start but it is going to be Murray on Saturday. Power Play was dreadful still, too cute and not shooting the puck like usual. Letang and Malkin then followed by Murray will cause the Pens to lose if and when they do.

Whoever wins is going to be the team with the fundamentals and playing their system with crisp tape to tape passes. The speed seems to be taken away by the ice and passes need to be right on point not the Pens fancy pants ****. Saw too many times attempts to thread passes, go between legs, drop to nobody and why does Malkin need to bring the puck across the blue on the PP? Not sure about big hits and fights and then I watch Calgary and Edmonton, big time hits and a fight. Going to be interesting to say the least.

I could have written this, as it is what I saw. I'm tired of the over abundance of passes / attempts instead of shooting. I don't see us going deep in the playoffs.