• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Holy ****. Tomlin just handed the Reporters their *****!!

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
No I don't see them as equals. I am of the belief that while Tomlin is a good coach he won his SB with a roster and coaching staff full of Cowher's people. He could not get it done on his own later with the killer B's and decent defenses. Now he gets somewhat of a pass(somewhat as Cowher faced the cheating Pats* as well) because I don't remember how many times he faced Bellichick and that's when the cheating was in full effect. Signal stealing, deflategate, jamming the Steeles headsets at Gillette. Remember the Pats* were caught filming the Bengals just a few years ago so it has not stopped since they were caught. Cowher faced them most of his career without Brady though.
Gheez, the won with Chin’s players mentality is beaten to death on both sides. Cowher went to his first SB with core Coach Noll players. Don’t see the same focus as with Tomlin. Plus Cowher lost his first SB primarily because of NOD’s INTs. Haven't heard that was Cowhers fault. Tomlin lost his SB when they definitely were within reach to win (Mendenhall fumble) deep in GB territory, which in turn Rodgers drove for a TD. So a 24-21 PIT lead early in the 4th Qtr, was flipped to 28-17 GB lead. That’s not even taking into the account Ben’s pick six late in the first. So it’s all on one’s perspective on the body of evidence. Perspective is biased by opinion. Opinions change all the time, based on new or reinforced perspectives. Sometimes they don’t. The fact is, coaches coach, players play. Game plans succeed when coaches develop them to help players make those few plays that decide winning from losing. By the 4th Qtr, there are no secrets to either team, offensively or defensively. Play designs and coverages are pretty much figured out by both teams. If it’s a close game, player effort is usually the deciding factor.

Reactions: MTC