• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Holy ****. Tomlin just handed the Reporters their *****!!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen Tomlin this fired up in a presser.

He was asked about the rumors of coaching college ball, and he went off that got up and walked out.

That's my Coach!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tomlin on USC rumors &quot;I don&#39;t have time for that speculation. That&#39;s a joke to me. I&#39;ve of one of the best job in all of professional sport. Why would I have any interest in coaching college football? Never say never.But never. There&#39;s not a booster with a big enough blank check&quot;</p>&mdash; Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) <a href="">October 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tomlin: &quot;Anybody asking Sean Payton about that? Anybody asking Andy Reid about stuff like that?&quot;<br><br>-end scene- <a href="https://t.co/ZUwiZpuohT">https://t.co/ZUwiZpuohT</a></p>&mdash; Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) <a href="">October 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping there was some truth to those.. lol

We all knew those rumors were garbage. Why would he want to leave one of the most secure jobs in the world.
Exactly. The Rooney’s are good to him. I wouldn’t want to leave coaching stability for the 3-4 turnover collegiate climate.

Then of course USC fans will say “but but we the weather and beaches”

That’s nice and all but the cost of living is an arm and a leg and I’ll be honest in my assessment of LA. Mrs. MTC is from Downey and agrees SoCal can be superficial

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Now, ask yourself why,. Why ISNT anyone asking Reid or Payton about this. ?
Most likely because no one WANTS either of them to coach their college football team? That's pure speculation on my part; but as good as any other speculation. Probably better since neither of those guys have been mentioned for LSU, USC or any other college job to my knowledge. Guess they're just not hot enough.

mdk2

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprise Tomlin took such offense to these rumors. I would consider them a compliment if I am a coach.

He was mentioned because of his people skills and able to relate. That is a big big part of being a college head coach for recruiting purposes. I don't know, may have been a slight over reaction by Tomlin.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprise Tomlin took such offense to these rumors. I would consider them a compliment if I am a coach.

He was mentioned because of his people skills and able to relate. That is a big big part of being a college head coach for recruiting purposes. I don't know, may have been a slight over reaction by Tomlin.
Probably been getting this question "off the record" for awhile now. The "this is the last time I'll address this" comment certainly points in that direction. Throw in Ryan Clark and Carson Palmer feeding the fire nationally ... Well, it's only human to get fed up with "speculation" and "rumors" about you, your job, etc.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
Irrespective of what any of us want or believe about Tomlin (I am harsh at times), he is going nowhere. I have watched the video a few times and see nothing disingenuous (from his perspective) in what he is saying or feeling. He believes, right or wrong, that he has entered the echelon of coaches that don't get asked if they are willing to leave for a college job. Yes, there are those coaches (yes, I understand there is a debate to be had whether Tomlin is there). And I would guess Tomlin is loyal to Pittsburgh (getting his shot here, having a SB etc) just as the Rooneys are loyal to their coaches. Unless Tomlin chooses to leave or literally craps on the Steelers logo on the field, he is going to be here. Again, it is up for debate if that should be the case but, in fact, that is the case.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Maybe the Steelers should give this guy a look.

*if you’re sensitive do not watch*

WhoAley **** batman-gender, this has affected me in many ways.

I'll have to eat 5lbs, maybe 10 lbs of bacon while I think this **** over.........................................

I wonder if non-gender spacific people like bacon?

I wonder if Butternut Backdoor boobie likes bacon or sasage in natural wrap.

I wonder if Coach has enough gas credits to keep warm.

I do know I like Tomlin shutting the doors on this distracting rumor **** so they (team & coaches) can focus on football and kicking the brown's asZ.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
“Why don’t you **** off Randy! I’m trying to bang Lucy”

A lot of ******* going on in that show and not just language use...................
Pretty hillarious if you watch it just for what it is, comedy.

Salute the nation