• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How many games will we win this year?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think we will go with Pickett out of the gate. We will be a run heavy offense(with the expectation that our OL is improved) and the mixing in of the passing game. I will go out on a limb here and say we go 10 and 7.....and squeek into the playoffs. Our defense will need to bounce back from last season. And Watt might have to get us 25 sacks.

What does SteelerNation think? Post your replies here.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's a little too early to try and make an accurate prediction.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Based on what we know right now, I'll say 9
Same, 8 or 9. I'm not convinced yet that the QB, OL, DL, and Devin Bush will be any better than last year.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
8-8-1

Hold play-off opponent to ONLY 38 yet still lose by 21, thank GOD for garbage time scores.

WAY to early to predict and this is always my time for 20-0

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Canada is as awful an OC as he was last year, we will be lucky to win 5. Ben brought us back in the 4th Qtr or OT 7 times last year in spite of Canada. We don't have that this year. If this team gets to 9-8, Tomlin should be in the running for coach of the year. We have so many things that have to come together on our own team and then we still have to play many of the top QB's in the NFL this year. Even with that said, I will say we go 9-8 and get another crap draft pick and Tomlin stays off even the warm seat by keeping his steak alive.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Probably around 9 although a losing season isn't out of the question depending on injuries. No reason to tank since we have our QB of the future and will not draft another as long as Tomlin is coach even if he turns out to be Mark Malone 2.0.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This team has the players who if turn the right direction could easily catch on fire and go a long ways.

OL if truly improved the interior will help the two tackles a lot to be better. BOTH tackles need help and to improve over last year.

OC is the biggest question mark on this team currently and that means he needs to take the biggest turn in the right direction.

The DL needs BIG improvement as well, Tuitt & Alualu both may be back but even so will NOT be the total answer. It will take the new players of last year to take that "big" step up this year. The two mentioned could definitely help but have long odds of regaining to top of their play form.

Our new DC and assistant are a wait and see although if Tomlin keeps his reach minimal there should be improvement on that front.

Still pretty early to predict anything so I stay with the 20-0 or 8-8-1.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
733… its going to be a banner year, we are going to win everything… all the preseason, regular season and postseason games, the division, the conference, the Super Bowl, the pro bowl, the lingerie bowl and the puppy bowl….. all the mindgames, all the lineup games, the media games, a whole bunch of call of duty games, some Pokémon games, weird social media games, and Tomlin is going to break his record of most uses of “Obviously” in a press conference ……

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score
Enough for the Steelers to keep Tomlin's streak alive and lose a wildcard playoff game... The Steelers and fans will be happy with this new definition of championship football Tomlin is shoveling.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just good enough to not suck. Not good enough to make a difference. The standard is the standard.

So, once again drafting near the 1.20 mark......................................... Yeah !

Salute the nation

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Let’s be realistic on next season people..
We are playing our first season without our HOF franchise qb…
If we make the playoffs behind whoever gets the nod or if we end up playing more than one qb … it would be a successful season in my eyes…
We are not winning the AFC with Trubinsky or Pickett in the upcoming season

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
8. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game for six years and counting. Of course all predictions are pre-mature. I want to see whet free agency and the draft brought us.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
when it is the off-season, I almost want to have 1 year when we completely **** the bed and get 1 top 3 pick.

Then the season starts and I want to win every single week