• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How many games will we win this year?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
when it is the off-season, I almost want to have 1 year when we completely **** the bed and get 1 top 3 pick.

Then the season starts and I want to win every single week
I hate losing. I also detest this constant middle of the road team that's kinda ok,but never great.I hate getting curb stomped in the playoffs the most. It just shows you far they really have to go and some of those games have been downright embarrassing.

skialta

Reaction score
I can't see more than 7

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
With Pickett 5-6
With Trubisky 9-10

steelhurt

Reaction score
One thing to consider here dear Steeler friends is that the NFL will have no tape on what the Canada offense the Steelers will employ consists of. Regardless of the QB Kenny or Mitch it will be much more athletic and mobile vs what the league saw in the recent past with a very immobile Ben. Now you add in a seasoned Najee, an upgraded OL, more speed with the rookies Austin and Pickens, more seasoned Muuuth, running an offense that will be unfamiliar to the NFL.
Quite possibly take the league by surprise like every season a team always does.
I could see a 12 win season if injuries stay at a minimum.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
9-8
Or overachieve 10-7 then 0-1

Add another trophy to the MT mediocrity trophy case with yet another non losing season along with another winless playoffs.

And hopefully Tuitt gets a participation trophy too.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
we'll win all the games that we're leading when the clock strikes 00:00 in the fourth quarter

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let’s be realistic on next season people..
We are playing our first season without our HOF franchise qb…
If we make the playoffs behind whoever gets the nod or if we end up playing more than one qb … it would be a successful season in my eyes…
We are not winning the AFC with Trubinsky or Pickett in the upcoming season
Lest we forget...

The only variable that has not been solidified is Tuitt.

Our projected defense will be as good, if not better than last year's.

While others will balk at the resigning - bringing back Edmunds to solidify the defensive backfield was a small miracle. Witherspoon and Wallace will be a great pairing and Sutton may not be Mike Hilton (yet) but he didn't lose us games.

Introducing MYLES JACK.

This kid is gonna turn heads in the middle of the defense and I can't wait to see what Coach Flores is going to do to deploy him. If Bush can forget about 'getting hurt' we could see more than my predicted 12 wins.

#Let'sGetIt - 7

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
One thing to consider here dear Steeler friends is that the NFL will have no tape on what the Canada offense the Steelers will employ consists of. Regardless of the QB Kenny or Mitch it will be much more athletic and mobile vs what the league saw in the recent past with a very immobile Ben. Now you add in a seasoned Najee, an upgraded OL, more speed with the rookies Austin and Pickens, more seasoned Muuuth, running an offense that will be unfamiliar to the NFL.
Quite possibly take the league by surprise like every season a team always does.
BINGO!!!

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
5 or 6.

No Ben to carry the team is going to expose Mikey Sunglasses for the mediocrity that he is.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is comical to me.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
7-10, Tomlin moves on with his life's work.

You might be right on your Win / Loss but I don't think Mr. Average is going anywhere............

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a prediction - "I think the sun will rise in the east tomorrow". Nothing is guaranteed...

I'm guessing 12 wins.
Actually the sun WILL rise in the east tomorrow. Unless something cosmically disastrous happens between now and the morning, but the odds of that are of course infinitesimally small. That is a fact, not a "prediction."

We don't even know who the starting quarterback for the Steelers is going to be in September. We haven't seen any of the rookies participate in training camp, let alone take a single preseason snap. No idea if certain members of the defense will even decide to play or how they'll look if they do. No idea if certain free agent additions will perform more like James Farrior or Joe Schobert. No idea of how the offensive line will play as a unit, with at least two new starters.

So predicting the team to win more than two thirds of their games at this point is indeed a guess, but not a very educated one.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually the sun WILL rise in the east tomorrow. Unless something cosmically disastrous happens between now and the morning, but the odds of that are of course infinitesimally small. That is a fact, not a "prediction."

We don't even know who the starting quarterback for the Steelers is going to be in September. We haven't seen any of the rookies participate in training camp, let alone take a single preseason snap. No idea if certain members of the defense will even decide to play or how they'll look if they do. No idea if certain free agent additions will perform more like James Farrior or Joe Schobert. No idea of how the offensive line will play as a unit, with at least two new starters.

So predicting the team to win more than two thirds of their games at this point is indeed a guess, but not a very educated one.
Meh... take a leap of faith...

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I think OL will be better. Harris and Friermuth are among the best RBs and TEs in the game. QB will likely be better if Trubisky starts and possibly even if Pickett starts. Return game and special teams should be better. My concerns are with the development of the WRs and the run defense and the defensive backfield which seems to have mediocre overall talent.

My guess right now is a slight improvement over last year’s team: 10-7

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Run defense is a huge concern that wasnt really addressed as needed in off season to date.

SteelerFanRC

Reaction score
Right now, 7-10. Totally an uneducated guess.

Get back to me the first of September when I know who the QB is and a little more about the new guys. My pick will almost certainly change.

Training camp can't get here fast enough...

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score