• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How many here did not follow the Steelers before #7 arrived?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow... Steve "Sonny" Bono.... Forgot about that guy. I'll be honest, I don't remember Campbell. I definitely remember Todd B and David W.
I remembered Bono, Blackledge, and Woodley also. Looked up the Steelers starting QBs of the 80's and saw Campbell too. Those 80's Steelers teams taught me that the cost of loyalty can be painful. I also learned the meaning of schadenfreude by hoping against hope that the Browns would be the Browns and find ways to lose playoff games.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I remembered Bono, Blackledge, and Woodley also. Looked up the Steelers starting QBs of the 80's and saw Campbell too. Those 80's Steelers teams taught me that the cost of loyalty can be painful. I also learned the meaning of schadenfreude by hoping against hope that the Browns would be the Browns and find ways to lose playoff games.
Yep very good point. Those wins seemed to be a lot more fun.

Browns will be Browns and the Bengals gotta be dem Bengals and will undoubtedly duck up at the least opportune moment. šŸ¤£

I do miss the Oilers and the Astrodome

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
Watching Graham turn from center to hand off or throw was like watching paint dry. My wife to this day still makes fun of it. Absolutely painful too watch.
Just about each one of those guys mentioned was going to be the key to getting us to the promised land. Maybe one of these current guys will have "it" but don't be disappointed if they don't. Hopefully we'll have a good running game and a strong D.. It's worked before and made for some of the most fun and gut churning games I've ever watched.

I think one of the toughest adjustments I'll have as a fan is watching our QB taken down with an arm tackle where we've become used to #7 shedding them off like a an annoying fly.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Born in the late 70ā€™sā€¦ Grew up watching football in the later 80ā€™s and 90ā€™sā€¦. Well aware of non franchise QB playā€¦

Omar10213245

šŸ‘€šŸ‘‚šŸŽƒšŸˆšŸ‡šŸ„‘šŸ†šŸ‹šŸŖ‚šŸŒžšŸŒ›šŸŒœā˜‚ā˜”ā„šŸŒŠšŸ„“šŸ¤¬šŸ„ŗ
Contributor
Reaction score
Steve motherfuckin Bono

Reactions: JMM

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I started following late malone, but remember more starting with bubby. Kordell was the most frustrating for me. He had one good year and people acted like he was a God and of course he went back to his oldself. I had more issues with the coaching staff sticking with him for so long than kordell himself. Kordell was great in the slash role though.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I started following late malone, but remember more starting with bubby. Kordell was the most frustrating for me. He had one good year and people acted like he was a God and of course he went back to his oldself. I had more issues with the coaching staff sticking with him for so long than kordell himself. Kordell was great in the slash role though.
He was definitely great in that slash role which is one of the things that frustrated the **** out of me as a fan back in those days If we could see the weapon they had, why couldn't the coaching staff? The guy could catch as good as any receiver we had and was illusive as hell as a runner...Why force him to be a QB?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was around for all the good ****. I remember the Immaculate Reception because it was on my Mom's birthday. I was only 5 but it was a big deal.

Watched all the Superb Owls but the one where I became a crazy fan was XIII.

Rocky Bleier...War Hero. I remember someone that I loved and respected, a Vietnam Vet, told me that.

Been hardcore since then.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I have lived through every Super Bowl. Really started watching around 1980 when I was 9. So yes I remember the dark years between TB and BR. It is why I find the irrational attitudes towards Mason so annoying and get set off. He has done far better starting out than most of the crap I watched in the 80's and 90's. Our Offensive coordinators have made him and even Ben look worse than they are. Let's give all 3 of our current QB options a chance without being so judgmental right away. Even Rudy only has 10 or 11 starts.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess if I had to pinpoint a concern it is Mitch's less than stellar accuracy percentage so far in camp. I call that a concern because I have a feeling they will force feed him into the initial starting role regardless of preseason outcome.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I have lived through every Super Bowl. Really started watching around 1980 when I was 9. So yes I remember the dark years between TB and BR. It is why I find the irrational attitudes towards Mason so annoying and get set off. He has done far better starting out than most of the crap I watched in the 80's and 90's. Our Offensive coordinators have made him and even Ben look worse than they are. Let's give all 3 of our current QB options a chance without being so judgmental right away. Even Rudy only has 10 or 11 starts.
rudy lost the starting job to a duck....there is nothing irrational about the abuse he catches

Wolf44

Reaction score
1967. I remember the gap between Bradshaw and Ben. at least we have a defense to fall back on. the 80s were horrible
Unfortunately the 80s was better than the last 11 years under Tomlin in the playoffs that is how low the standard is under the bullshitter.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He was definitely great in that slash role which is one of the things that frustrated the **** out of me as a fan back in those days If we could see the weapon they had, why couldn't the coaching staff? The guy could catch as good as any receiver we had and was illusive as hell as a runner...Why force him to be a QB?
Kordell forced his way out of the slash role.