• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

how much could we save vs the cap if the following guys take cuts

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
assuming art mt tell ben to comeback and ben takes pay cut turned into SB as well if say MPO comes back to, haden to vet min, vince to min how much does that free up?

mdk2

Reaction score
assuming art mt tell ben to comeback and ben takes pay cut turned into SB as well if say MPO comes back to, haden to vet min, vince to min how much does that free up?

I can guarantee none of that has a chance of happening. Ben isn't taking a pay cut, Haden definitely is not signing for minimum(this would also mean we'd have to cut him first), Vince isn't signing for minimum either.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can guarantee none of that has a chance of happening. Ben isn't taking a pay cut, Haden definitely is not signing for minimum(this would also mean we'd have to cut him first), Vince isn't signing for minimum either.

I really want some of the people that post on this board as employees...see how happy they are to work for less money just to be a good team player.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
losing Haden would be big Its between sutton and Layne and perhaps a rook, i would see us to draft stuart from usc late big physical CB

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Vet minimum....come on man....or WOman.

6Lombardis

Reaction score

Is there a decoder ring to help interpret this post?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Nobody is taking a cut... well maybe they cut mcdonald and resign him cheaper... but thats not exactly a sure thing...

Vince williams was horrendous the final quarter of tge season when he played... ill take spillane or Williamson as cheap alternatives to his role... why were we paying a runstopper ilb in the first place? For that cash go get a second coverage ilb in case of injury to one...

If pouncey is back he will be extended out to move some dead money back...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a decoder ring to help interpret this post?
Assuming Art and Tomlin have Ben comeback and Ben takes a pay cut. Perhaps they sniff a SB. Say Pouncey comes back too. Haden accepts a vet minimum, Vince as well. How much does that free up? (Have decoder ring on)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Let's be clear. Generally players do not take pay cuts. They rework contracts which generally pushes money back which is why the Steelers are where they are. Now with the salary cap being where it is there will be more players cut and available for cheaper. That I believe.
The goal of next year should not be to win a championship. It should be to secure foundational players. Clean up the mess and move on from the coach.
Or else you will perpetually be in the position they are currently in of underperforming.

Last edited by a moderator: