• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

HOW THINGS USED TO BE

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I usually work while it's on, now that it's in primetime...like the ******* HoF ceremony...which I now miss as well, because it's on primetime...thanks, Rog you piece of ****.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I remember when the entire draft was on a Thursday and wasn’t televised. You’d have to listen to the radio or news (mostly in vain) waiting for a report.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Saturday draft day used to be one of my favorite times of the year. Gathered with other fans of Steelers and other teams at a local bar, giving each other **** all day long . . .good times! Hate the prime time move as i work night and now can only follow on the 'puter.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers will be picking sometime Friday morning at this rate. It's draft night and they're showing some concert. Get the draft started for goodness sake.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers will be picking sometime Friday morning at this rate. It's draft night and they're showing some concert. Get the draft started for goodness sake.
Nobody wants to hear your crap Goodwill just start the draft ****.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember when the entire draft was on a Thursday and wasn’t televised. You’d have to listen to the radio or news (mostly in vain) waiting for a report.
Holy Moses! When was that?!?!
I think ESPN first televised it in the early 80s.
You remember listening on the radio for news updates?!?!
Dang! I thought I was old.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just greed now. They're trying to squeeze every penny out of this product.

I never watch the draft. I'll pay attention long enough to turn it on when the Steelers draft card goes up.

Thats a very short attention span..................................................... (steelers have the FASTEST man alive running their card up there)

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In what timezone will it be 7PM? Central???

Central Time Zone

Sometimes time is irrelevent and things happen as if no time has lapsed. A great example of this is when we make popcorn or come up with said gameplan.............

There are times when I go to my spirit world and days / weeks passby yet when I return is has only been 1 second.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS............ I loved the OLD way way way way WAY better.

GREED MACHINE doesn't care as long as the $$$$$coin$$$$$ keeps tingling in.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
PS............ I loved the OLD way way way way WAY better.

GREED MACHINE doesn't care as long as the $$$$$coin$$$$$ keeps tingling in.

Salute the nation
I’ll check on my phone when the Steelers pick.
No tuning in until the hall of fame for me.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You had a chance at that in Nashville Wig. 500+k people over three days parting and drinking up and down the strip. With the Commish walking back and forth between the stage and the two restaurant/clubs on either side. You definitely could have been drunk enough to do it.

You have zero influence on game days as well, unless a board member is a player or personnel. Plus you can read all about it the next day too. What‘s the difference?
I vastly enjoy watching the Steeler players perform to watching the coaches and FO perform. Just my particular preference. I dig the camaraderie, But as for the draft in and of itself... waiting 3+ hours for 1 short announcement? To each his own man. If you went, I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I vastly enjoy watching the Steeler players perform to watching the coaches and FO perform. Just my particular preference. I dig the camaraderie, But as for the draft in and of itself... waiting 3+ hours for 1 short announcement? To each his own man. If you went, I hope you enjoyed yourself.

I can‘t disagree with you there, for sure. And it was enjoyable especially since I went with my son, brothers, nephews and friend who lives in Nashville. Camaraderie was in effect for sure. Especially meeting Steeler fans from everywhere. There are all kinds, but they have one thing in common.

Reactions: wig

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I totally miss the two day drafts. I would kick back and watch them all day long with friends. This cluster **** spread over several days in prime time isn't for me.
Yeah, and I know of someone who's currently busy in the Home "Depo" parking lot missing out on the old days too.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Holy Moses! When was that?!?!
I think ESPN first televised it in the early 80s.
You remember listening on the radio for news updates?!?!
Dang! I thought I was old.
Like 1980 or 1981, 6th or 7th grade. I feigned illness and stayed home from school trying to find it on the radio. The original draft nerd. I remember I watched the noon news and they only listed the first 10 picks and I was like “You gotta be ******’ kidding me!” Had to wait for morning paper. Then we got the cable box that gave us espn. My parents caught on and draft day was the one day I was allowed to play hooky from school.