• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I know it's been covered a ton...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched the 2005 Indy game, the 2005 Denver AFCC game, and the 2005 SB.

The refs made ONE call that maaaaay have been a bit iffy. They called holding on tackle Walt Jones (who did have a chokehold on Haggans) and one could argue it wasn't a hold, but you could also argue... well he DID have his arm around Haggans neck as Haggans went by him...

The other hold on Grey. Larger than life a hold. No question there. and the push-off called on Jackson in the endzone? You can see Hope's feet move back as he's pushed back by Jackson. There's no question Jackson pushed off.

There was a kind of "insult to injury" call on a "low block" on Hasselback, but he (Hasselback) was tackling Ike Taylor after the interception. So that wasn't a great call, but that really had no effect whatsoever on the game.

As for Roethlisberger's TD. I honestly can't tell definitively whether or not the ball crossed the plane. The ball definitely makes it TO the plane and then everything becomes obscured and you can't really tell what happens, but Roethlisberger's trajectory suggests the ball did cross the plane, even if only by millimeters.

So in short... **** You Seahawks Fans!

While Ben really did have a pretty **** game, there were at least 3 or 4 passes dropped, including an early TD by Hines that would have made Roethlisberger look at least a bit better. And people forget that Ben had the TD run as well as 2 critical 3rd down conversion runs in that game, including the one that let the Steelers hold on to the ball until the 2:00 warning while burning all the Seahawks timeouts. He also threw the critical block that gave Randle El time to make that gadget pass to Ward. Ben may not have passed real well, but he absolutely DID contribute.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
That was a fun playoff series, ruined by a bunch of asshats around me here in the philly area. everyone taking the side of Seattle of course. haters gonna hate.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
That season was amazing. A franchise QB in his 2nd year. I remember watching the Denver game in theplayoffs. I was in Chicago at a bar called Joes. I remember talking to a random Steeler fan beside me. Saying what a great time to be a Steelers fan. Never realized it would go on this long

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That season was amazing. A franchise QB in his 2nd year. I remember watching the Denver game in theplayoffs. I was in Chicago at a bar called Joes. I remember talking to a random Steeler fan beside me. Saying what a great time to be a Steelers fan. Never realized it would go on this long
Joes is great!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've ONLY heard of "JOE's Pizza", never a bar.................................................called that.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I went to the Monday Night game in San Diego that year. Will always be a highlight of my Steelers fan life. As my Islanders are in the middle of a run, I said to my nephew, championships are littered with what ifs. Very rarely is any champion just dominant without some big break(s) along the way.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I went to the Monday Night game in San Diego that year.

I think I remember them saying San Diego hadn't hosted a MNF game in almost a decade prior to that one. Was there and also at Heinz for The Bus' last home game against the Lions when Randle El ran one back for a TD. Was a roller coaster of a season and a helluva special one.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I remember getting on the plane thinking Ben's season was done and finding out he was going to miss a few weeks about halfway through the flight. I was so happy. True story. The game was held on October 10th, I was in section 10 , row 10 seat 10. I was sure I'd win a 50 /50.