• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I missed it, what was Tomlins rant about the refs? What calls was he referring to?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
???????????????????????

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Well specifically Timmons for the roughing the passer. It was confirmed that Timmons never touched Kessler.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Nice coach, make public comments about "officiating", they just love hearing about how good of a job they do.
You thing they made a few boo boo's Sunday? Wait until Thursday night in Indy.

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Also the no penalty called on the face mask to Bell in the first half. It was so obvious, Cleveland was walking back giving more yardage until no flag was thrown. Plus he was really laying into the Side Judge when the Linesman called Hines Ward. Yes...they said #86 was culprit for the illegal formation.....That was a chuckle, but not to the official....LOL.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Nice coach, make public comments about "officiating", they just love hearing about how good of a job they do.
You thing they made a few boo boo's Sunday? Wait until Thursday night in Indy.

Arguing with the officials WHEN your team wins the game is never a wise move. Tomlin should know better by now...but he does not.

Spike

Reaction score
I just laughed, you beat the 0-11 Browns, enjoy the victory

Go Bengals - beat the Ravens this week, another win and we're in 1st place!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Well specifically Timmons for the roughing the passer. It was confirmed that Timmons never touched Kessler.

The NFL will never admit it, but the team down points in the 3rd and 4th quarter tend to get calls. I saw a pass interference call that wasn't flagged.

Still, I'm mystified on Tomlin. Does he want to open up his wallet to fines? Isn't he aware referees can hold grudges?

You won the game. Don't gamble here Mike, there is no upside...and it can only hurt your team.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Referees don't hold grudges for ***** sake. You don't think he tells them to go **** themselves all the time during the game? They're paid to do their job. Tomlin hardly said anything on the subject. He isn't going to be fined. He isn't stupid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I believe he did say something along the lines of I know their job is tough, but so is ours, and post game I think he said about full time officials.
The no call on the face mask was crap after the one they called on Davis last week.
I doubt the same crew will be doing the Indy game anyways.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
For the record I'm not complaining, I just missed it, heard the tail end of it. I'm actually glad he's calling them out.
Wasn't talking about you... anyone bitching about him bitching. Lol. The time to ***** about calls is after a win..in loss when you ***** it's just labeled as sour grapes. Even when justified

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Its the coaches job to work the officials....its a part of being an official and being a coach. Both understand it..Players, don't need to say anything, unless its so blatantly obvious. I don't think that holding call on Shazier during Clev first punt would have been called unless Shazier gave that what are you looking at gaze.

mdk2

Reaction score
The NFL will never admit it, but the team down points in the 3rd and 4th quarter tend to get calls. I saw a pass interference call that wasn't flagged.

Still, I'm mystified on Tomlin. Does he want to open up his wallet to fines? Isn't he aware referees can hold grudges?

You won the game. Don't gamble here Mike, there is no upside...and it can only hurt your team.

It can only hurt the team? .. If anything it could help by calling out some of these officials and bringing attention to these awful calls/non-calls. Let the officials and NFL know that he won't just let it slide. Luckily, none of those calls cost us the game.

It's his money, he can spend it however he sees fit. Spending it for the sake of the team is okay by me.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Work the refs. Great coaches do this all the time, especially in basketball. I don't think the officiating was horrific, but there were blatant missed calls with the Timmons roughing, the facemask against Bell and the non-call for interference against AB. Maybe next week AB gets a soft call for DPI with Tomlin calling out the refs.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
He should raise hell and I'm happy he does. I'm sick of seeing games called half assed.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
For the record I'm not complaining, I just missed it, heard the tail end of it. I'm actually glad he's calling them out.

Gotta be careful calling out the officials though. Sometimes they do hold grudges. And those grudges tend to show in key games. But that was an awfully officiated game

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There was a hold so blatant it was ridiculous against Harrison. I'd say the third down throw to AB after the Browns scored was about as blatant a PI as it gets.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just laughed, you beat the 0-11 Browns, enjoy the victory

Go Bengals - beat the Ravens this week, another win and we're in 1st place!

Bengals have played worse than the Steelers this year, and just lost AJ Green andddddddd are on the road. Perhaps a tall order.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
He shouldn't be bitching. The ref's basically gave us that touchdown just before half.

I just wish he was half as pissed about the 4 dropped touchdown passes the Steelers had.

Yeah, we won the game, but it was far from a dominating performance.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

That's bullshit. I could never be an NFL head coach, because I'm telling you I'd keep one scrub practice squad no talent player on the sideline every game, and the second I got one of those bullshit "roughing the passer" penalties, I'd send that guy in the very next play, and tell him I didn't care if every whistle in the stadium was going of, level that ******* qb after the whistle, then walk over to the ref and say "that's a late hit, fuckface". Sure, it's an instant ejection, and a fine, but it sends a message that bullshit will be met with bullshit.

Joe

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
He shouldn't be bitching. The ref's basically gave us that touchdown just before half.

I don't know about that. Pretty clear penalties by the Browns.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I just wish he was half as pissed about the 4 dropped touchdown passes the Steelers had.

Yeah, we won the game, but it was far from a dominating performance.

Those were clearly penalties. You'd be bitching if they weren't called///or would you? I was just surprised how accurate they were in the first half and **** the bed in the second half....to keep that ****** team in the game any way they could, imo.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Coach Tomlin had EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!!! The officiating was less than par the whole game. Winning it or not.

No one mentioned the stupid roughing the passer when the Browns QB had his helmet touched. Totally BS especially since it was after the drive that Bell got his face mask tore off and we got NOTHING!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app