• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I think top 2 Rb’s will be gone by 1.24, talk me off the ledge

ChampYINZ

Reaction score
Dolphins, Jets both need running backs and both have 2 picks in first round, also the cardinals best back is James Conner.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No worries. I am now a huge Etienne fan, but the team has so many needs that if the RB crop is not worthy of a round 1 pick, by definition that means another very good player worth a first round pick falls to us. Somebody takes Etienne rather than Slater? Great, Slater might be in play now.

For a RB who can become that 3-down back, I am starting to believe that an Etienne clone - same size, similar production in college, same very good 40 time but needs to get better at blitz pick-up - will be available in the middle rounds. Chuba Hubbard.

Get a LT anchor in round 1, a C in 2 (Dickerson very possibly there), Hubbard at 87, trade up to get Davis Mills (QB) in early 4, and holy ****, the team is stocked on both offense and defense now.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Harris or Etienne will be there and they will take them.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
When are you all going to realize, in the immortal words of Bill Murray, "It just doesn't matter". Without solid coaching and a motivation to win by the ownership, nothing will change. 10-6 at best and, at worst, Tomlin's first losing season.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The running backs at the top this year are better than last year. I think Etienne vs. Harris will be depending on what a team wants with their offense. Both are good candidates to go before the Steelers and if not, will be gone in the first five picks of the second round (Williams too).

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When are you all going to realize, in the immortal words of Bill Murray, "It just doesn't matter". Without solid coaching and a motivation to win by the ownership, nothing will change. 10-6 ...

I can guarantee one thing about the 2021 season, EsUSAF - the team will NOT finish 10-6.

steelreeling

Reaction score
i would want BPA.

if Naj & ETN are there - but so is Joker, do you want one of the two RBs even though Joker is a generational talent?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
In a way, I almost hope both RBs are gone because I just don't like an investment in that position in the first, especially when this team has so many needs.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
i would want BPA.

if Naj & ETN are there - but so is Joker, do you want one of the two RBs even though Joker is a generational talent?

Okay, steelring, I know some use nicknames repeatedly, believing we all know who "Dobre Shunka" and "Smilin' Jack" are, but can we bother you to use real names for guys that have not yet played a down in the NFL? I had to look up "Joker" - Mac Jones is joker? And you think he's a "generational talent"?

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
If Darriasaw, Harris, Etienne are all gone, then I would go with Zaven Collins. If Collins is gone too then BPA or trade out of the 1st round.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
if Darrisaw falls you take him over eithier RB and then target Williams or Hubbard in Williams you move up for in the 2 and Hubbard if you are going say Creed in rnd 2 then you trade a rnd 3 and next year 2-3 and 6 to move to the top to get Williams. Hubbard likely there at 3A I am really hoping that Dickerson falls to 3B or rnd 4 if gone take Myers or Minerz

steelreeling

Reaction score
Okay, steelring, I know some use nicknames repeatedly, believing we all know who "Dobre Shunka" and "Smilin' Jack" are, but can we bother you to use real names for guys that have not yet played a down in the NFL? I had to look up "Joker" - Mac Jones is joker? And you think he's a "generational talent"?
:)

The Joker is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Watch his tape. He IS the whole defense in South Bend.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
We have THE WORST RBs in the AFCN. There are only 3 guys who can change that in this draft. Hubbard has ball security issues.

I've been pimping Najee since last season when he decided to return to Bama (thanks for the championship) - I want Najee. Etienne would be a consolation prize if he's gone...

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if both Harris and Etienne are gone, I take OL 1 and 2, then take Sermon in Round 3.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Owusu Koramoah is a heck of an athlete with great sideline range but it seems this is what we expect out of Bush. Heck, he may turn out to be even better considering his versatility but what do we do with both of them at the same time. Koramoah is listed at 216 pounds, Bush somewhere north of 230. I would imagine Chubbs and Dobbins will be running between the tackles all day which negates Koramoah and Bush strengths. Do we want a guy we spent a hell of allot of draft capital on to move over. I'm not saying we need to draft another Kirkland but if we're going Ilb and Collins and Koramoah are on the board, I think Collins is the way to go. I have a feeling that Owusu Koramoah will be gone anyway, maybe much earlier than expected.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Owusu Koramoah is a heck of an athlete with great sideline range but it seems this is what we expect out of Bush. Heck, he may turn out to be even better considering his versatility but what do we do with both of them at the same time. Koramoah is listed at 216 pounds, Bush somewhere north of 230. I would imagine Chubbs and Dobbins will be running between the tackles all day which negates Koramoah and Bush strengths. Do we want a guy we spent a hell of allot of draft capital on to move over. I'm not saying we need to draft another Kirkland but if we're going Ilb and Collins and Koramoah are on the board, I think Collins is the way to go. I have a feeling that Owusu Koramoah will be gone anyway, maybe much earlier than expected.
agree, he looks like a lengthier and lighter Bush, not necessary what we need right now. Unless the guy is good and versatile enough to cover the slot too, then he would be a plug and play guy in almost all 3 downs.

And to get a thumper to pair with Bush you can find it way lower in the draft.

Another case is Collins, if they see him fit to play OLB too in a pinch then that might be a 2 for 1

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The guy shouldn't make it out of the top 20.