• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If Spillane wins camp battle.......

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Sure. The Miami kid OMG he he a good deep passer and has and arm! Fairly mobile too. Ohio State QB is a stud. Big and strong and fast, with passing skills. Alabama QB is a runt with an average arm and a great team around him. Kentucky's QB is a good dual threat QB with a plus arm. Needs to cut down on mistakes. These four QB should go in round one. If Pickett doesn't prove physical capable as a top 15 QB, the almost all of which makes the playoffs we should consider picking another QB in round one. Don't wait on a bust and don't wait on mediocrity at QB.
You didn't sell me. Everyone knows about Young and Stroud. The other two names aren't surprises either, but I'm failing to see how 4 guys is considered loaded. Levis has the physical skills, but as you said makes a lot of mistakes and will need to prove himself again to push into the first round. Van Dyke may be the best in this group, but still had 4 of 9 games under 60% passing. Again, I see the potential, I just don't think it's loaded with can't miss prospects.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I would say Devin Bush is pretty much delusional about his play. I mean he will be in a training camp next year. He was a top ten pick. But if he doesn't fix his game this will be his last season in the NFL. No one wants a ILB who is soft v. The run. No one.
No one except Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh Steelers, obviously.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You thought Matt coral was a better prospect than Pickett too, and he may get cut and put on the practice squad…
That doesn't fit the maroons agenda.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Looks to me that his Cap hit is same as his dead cap at about 6m. They will Uncle Jarvis him if he doesn't win the position. Which is to say let him walk after he provides depth this year. He must be better than Spillane in some pass sub packages. Spillane was getting abused last year in preseason.
Agree. Remember they didn't exercise his option this year so it's not like they're worried he'll break the bank when he becomes a free agent.
Jason Worilds says Hi.