• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm going to the home opener and need some advice and help.

Texasfan

Reaction score
A friend and I had planned to attend the opener against the Faiders but he is unable to go. The reservations for the hotel and car were both under his name and he canceled them both. I am still going but need suggestions for a hotel that has a shuttle service to and from the airport. Additionally, I am looking for a ride to the game from the hotel. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Don't know about a shuttle to the airport, but both of the hotels near the PPG Paints arenta are very close to a T station, which is free to and from the North Side. Both had a van to get you around when I last stayed there, but that was pre-Covid, and I know that Station Square Sheraton got rid of theirs due to Covid.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know about a shuttle to the airport, but both of the hotels near the PPG Paints arenta are very close to a T station, which is free to and from the North Side. Both had a van to get you around when I last stayed there, but that was pre-Covid, and I know that Station Square Sheraton got rid of theirs due to Covid.
Yeah, the Cambria Suites I think is the hotel connected to PPG Paints. You can ride the T (subway) to the tailgate lot. There is a stop at the lot literally.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
We will be there and looking for a SteelerNation Tailgate! Missed it last time. We are staying at the Wyndham and walking across to the game. It is also my wifes 51st Birthday that day. I hope it is cooler than the last Home opener we went to years ago in three rivers against the Bears. It was 90 and sunny we sat facing south and it sucked.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't advise yaz but sure can wish you a GREAT trip and experience.!

Salute the nation

Reactions: wig

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but I'll finally be going to my first game this year. After flex scheduling and covid ruined the last two years, this year is the year. I'll be at the Broncos game...

Side note, will prob have to end things with my woman, we had our choice of home games, Broncos, Seahawks, titans, and Ravens. She chose (without consulting me), Broncos. Didn't want to sit in the cold 😑

Texasfan

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but I'll finally be going to my first game this year. After flex scheduling and covid ruined the last two years, this year is the year. I'll be at the Broncos game...

Side note, will prob have to end things with my woman, we had our choice of home games, Broncos, Seahawks, titans, and Ravens. She chose (without consulting me), Broncos. Didn't want to sit in the cold 😑
Sweet congrats!!!!

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Stayed at the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton in 2019 ....T (subway) is free and just across the street takes you right to Heinz Field and it is a block away from Paints Arena (Bigelow downtown)
The other Double Tree Hotel by the Airport has a shuttle service
There is a guy on here called SLASHSTEEL ....... he would probably give you a ride if you promise a BIG WHEELER (steak,sausage N peppers sub) from PEPPI'S

Steelmann

Reaction score
First time I went,stayed at WYNDHAM GRAND. Walked to the game. Stayed at the William Penn second time.....walked to the game. Both great times. Advice would be to DVR the game. My memory was a little fuzzy ,especially the first game! We actually just took the normal city bus from the airport,it was probably an express to downtown. Took it back as well. But we stayed a few days. Have a great time!

We did Hotwire and got great rates. I know a lot are sold out during Steelers weekend.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Been twice. First time downtown at Courtyard by Marriot. Second time I can't remember the neighborhood up the hill from downtown. Hotel was a bit grittier. So was the neighborhood. Wayne the cab driver took care of us both trips. He looked and sounded like Pittsburgh Dad Cabs were reasonable enough. Have fun!! ****** of your buddy to cancel without allowing you to take the reservation.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
SLASHSTEEL WHERE ARE YOU!
Normally I would drive you. I just had to sell the Steelers truck due to various reasons. So probably won't be getting wheels until December we are thinking. Sorry I couldn't be of assistance!

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
The Extended Stay in Carnegie has openings for $95 per night, breakfast is Included. It's 4 miles to Heinz Field so an Uber will be cheap. Call them to see if they have a shuttle service to the Air Port, most do in that area.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I called most hotels within 60 miles of where I'm staying and they all said that 1,450 miles was to far for their shuttle service.

I stayed downtown Holiday in (i think close to the Igloo) and they shuttled us everywhere, really good time. Dauntee Colpepper & vikings where in town, my buddy was a Vikings fan BUT day of game he borrowed a STEELERS Jersy for the game. All good

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ogre usually is driving on game day. He can have Abdullah stop the mobile bomb and scoop you up.

Texasfan

Reaction score
The Extended Stay in Carnegie has openings for $95 per night, breakfast is Included. It's 4 miles to Heinz Field so an Uber will be cheap. Call them to see if they have a shuttle service to the Air Port, most do in that area.
Thanks, appears to be sold out.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
coming in late friday night and leaving monday

Once you've enjoyed your GAME experience be sure to come back here and give us updates and how it went for yaz !!!

thanks in advance

Salute the nation

swal75

Reaction score
Uber from the airport to a downtown hotel is going to start at 40$ but could go up to around 100$ depending on surge. From downtown to the airport could be as low as about 40, as high as 160$. Springhill suites in Mt Lebanon is within walking distance of the T and you can get to the game/downtown easily from there. Downside is that you aren't close to the city at all. 28x airport bus is the cheapest way to the airport, but i think it starts running out around 430am and probably stops at midnight or 12:30AM. U
An uber to the game could be as cheap as 10-12$ from downtown, but could also be around 40-50$ both ways. I would not rely on that.

Yikes those downtown hotels are expensive for whatever is left. AirBNB maybe?

Texasfan

Reaction score
Uber from the airport to a downtown hotel is going to start at 40$ but could go up to around 100$ depending on surge. From downtown to the airport could be as low as about 40, as high as 160$. Springhill suites in Mt Lebanon is within walking distance of the T and you can get to the game/downtown easily from there. Downside is that you aren't close to the city at all. 28x airport bus is the cheapest way to the airport, but i think it starts running out around 430am and probably stops at midnight or 12:30AM. U
An uber to the game could be as cheap as 10-12$ from downtown, but could also be around 40-50$ both ways. I would not rely on that.

Yikes those downtown hotels are expensive for whatever is left. AirBNB maybe?
Thanks, I'll figure it out. I'm staying next airport. City was just to expensive.