• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm going to the home opener and need some advice and help.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Quit doing downtown hotels years ago, the prices on Steeler weekends are ridiculous. I have stayed at the Hilton which I believe today is the Wyndam and Sheraton Station Square, while both have great locations it just doesn't justify the price. I have been using AirBnB on my most recent trips to the Burgh. I have rented the same small north side studio apartment within walking distance of Heinz for $130 a night as opposed to the $400 the big hotels want. When we've gone with a larger group we've rented a home on Mount Washington that over looks the Monongahela and downtown itself, the home is large enough for 10. This one is pricey but once it was split up amongst everyone it was less expensive than a hotel and was an awesome experience to sit out on the balcony while overlooking the city at night. Downtown and Heinz are accessible by using the inclines and taking the boat across to the stadium. We typically tail gate so I normally drive to the parking lot. Usually tailgate in the red lot outside the Clark Bar because you can pay $5 to use their bathrooms for the day. I will say a friend of mine has stayed at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco and gotten some decent deals on game weekends. I guess the point of all this is while you can pay top dollar on Steeler weekends there are much less expensive options out there that will put you in the heart of it all if you look around a bit.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Quit doing downtown hotels years ago, the prices on Steeler weekends are ridiculous. I have stayed at the Hilton which I believe today is the Wyndam and Sheraton Station Square, while both have great locations it just doesn't justify the price. I have been using AirBnB on my most recent trips to the Burgh. I have rented the same small north side studio apartment within walking distance of Heinz for $130 a night as opposed to the $400 the big hotels want. When we've gone with a larger group we've rented a home on Mount Washington that over looks the Monongahela and downtown itself, the home is large enough for 10. This one is pricey but once it was split up amongst everyone it was less expensive than a hotel and was an awesome experience to sit out on the balcony while overlooking the city at night. Downtown and Heinz are accessible by using the inclines and taking the boat across to the stadium. We typically tail gate so I normally drive to the parking lot. Usually tailgate in the red lot outside the Clark Bar because you can pay $5 to use their bathrooms for the day. I will say a friend of mine has stayed at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco and gotten some decent deals on game weekends. I guess the point of all this is while you can pay top dollar on Steeler weekends there are much less expensive options out there that will put you in the heart of it all if you look around a bit.
I have been lucky and am paying $200 and $260 for my rooms at the Wyndham next weekend and in October for the Seahags. I have paid far less for that hotel depending on the game. We paid $125 four years ago for New Year’s Eve against the Browns. Since then I always stay there and book through Priceline and get a discount for biking the same hotel.