• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

In other football news today....

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
real or fake??

The Clowns? I go with fake.

Yeah, humor aside, the Browns offense was very good. Mayfield will throw deep any time the defense is man coverage or single-high safety. Go 2-deep, and Chubb gets the ball.

Their defense was good-not-great. Pass pressure very inconsistent despite the two highly-thought of rushers (Clowney and Garrett).

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I don't get the Dupree hate. Once he developed he was a good player for us. It's also not going to be a surprise to watch his production dip with a team that won't unleash him like the Steelers.
no hate. he just took 4 years to develop and only did so when we got TJ.. He wanted paid. He wasnt worth it. Thats all.
He stole his paychecks for three years and didn't get good until it was close to time to leave.
In fairness it's possible his improvement can be attributed to new coaches since he got better after Joey Porter's departure.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand Aaron Rodgers is actually starting a new musical career. He may not be all that focused on FB right now.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Soooo...ladies and gentlemen, are we just gonna overlook the drubbing THIS GUY took yesterday???
View attachment 6392
Those game one losses mean little in the grand scheme. You do have to wonder if his play reflects his desire to be elsewhere.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
To be fair he can’t be 100% after the injury.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That commercial with the man bun is just wrong.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Soooo...ladies and gentlemen, are we just gonna overlook the drubbing THIS GUY took yesterday???
View attachment 6392
What really bothered me about it was that after every thing that went wrong, he held his hands out like he was blaming someone else, when most of them were his own damn fault. This is not a team player. I choke thinking that there were people actually saying we should take him to replace Ben.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Probably will have to work his way back to 100%. He'll get there he is a hard worker.
If you look at where Banner is health wise and Dupree and look at when they were injured. This is definitely a testament to his work ethic that he’s even on the field.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Berry kicked the **** out of the ball for the Vikings. A 63yarder in OT and averaged over 53 on the day. He's a heck of a punter. We just need PH3's kicks to be more consistent.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was fake for the commercial when I saw it, but maybe not.
I went through the same process. Man bun is metro on steroids.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Great call, bermuda! Love when Rogers loses.

Berry kicked the **** out of the ball for the Vikings. A 63yarder in OT and averaged over 53 on the day. He's a heck of a punter. We just need PH3's kicks to be more consistent.
I saw Berry bomb that kick, though his lack of consistency is a big reason why he's playing for the Vikings and not the Steelers.
Agree. Besides, I miss the "Bud brought a Buddy" show on the official Steeler site.

Absolutely a great show!

chipped ham

Reaction score
He always was….early in the season. By the time November rolls around, those 20-30 yard shanks are a constant. He also frustrated me because, although he’d had many kick downed inside the 20, it always seemed to be at the 15-19 yardline, and never inside the 10.