• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ingram Handling Was Botched Badly

johngaenzler

Reaction score
After TJ went down last week and our D got humiliated by the Chargers and seeing the Chiefs D turnaround since we gave them Ingram, i’m starting to think this move could end up costing us a wild-card spot as it’s pretty much guaranteed that both the Chiefs and Chargers are now making the playoffs. Was it that impossible to sit down with the guy and try to figure out a way to make him happy or is our front office that pig-headed that they don’t feel anyone is worthy of that?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Without being inside the locker room is imposible to have an opinion. Who knows if the guy was being a malcontent?
I wanted him to stay but who knows what happened indoors? If the guy disrespected a coach he had to go or it would be a terrible precedent. If nothing happened and the FO/coaches didn't want to talk it out and compromise in snaps played then of course they ****** up, there was obviously Zero depth

A lot of ifs there

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
We threw away our 2nd best pass rusher in order to start someone younger, but worse, just like we did with Harrison.

I love these win-now moves.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
We threw away our 2nd best pass rusher in order to start someone younger, but worse, just like we did with Harrison.

well that one worked out

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I would guess Ingram was probably problematic behind the scenes. You don't just get rid of a guy because he wants more playing time (see how they handled James Washington).

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It occurs to me that you didn't understand what I was saying. In 2017 Watt and Harrison were our two best pass rushers. Dupree should've barely dressed.

Glad you explained going from current to 4 years ago and now I too can understand what the **** you were saying.

Salute the nation
well that one worked out

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
After TJ went down last week and our D got humiliated by the Chargers and seeing the Chiefs D turnaround since we gave them Ingram, i’m starting to think this move could end up costing us a wild-card spot as it’s pretty much guaranteed that both the Chiefs and Chargers are now making the playoffs. Was it that impossible to sit down with the guy and try to figure out a way to make him happy or is our front office that pig-headed that they don’t feel anyone is worthy of that?
This team isn't even close to getting a Wild Card spot but I agree that the Ingram situation could have probably been handled better. How well did he perform outside of the Bills game?

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, we sure do miss his 3 total tackles in 3 games, he's for sure THE REASON the chiefs D has turned around.

Just for comparison sake, Taco has 8 total tackles and a half sack in 3 games. Nothing was mismanaged, we're getting better production from a player that WANTS to be here.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
It occurs to me that you didn't understand what I was saying. In 2017 Watt and Harrison were our two best pass rushers. Dupree should've barely dressed.
I get what you re saying. I just tend to be more sarcastic than I should be

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

2nd best? Hardly…..by a mile. High smith had more impact. As others have said, he hasn’t done anything for KC yet. Plus, he still isn’t starting, which was his beef when he was with PIT. Is he better than Hitchens, Gay, Jr., or even Bolton who was drafted ahead of Highsmith and isn’t starting and has no where near the production. Ingram, never bought into the “being the back up” and just wanted to replace a younger player, of which he couldn’t in PIT and apparently still can’t in KC. Had he been patient he would have had another couple starts added for next year free agency. But selfishness runs amuck in the NFL.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
As I said before....I would have sat him down a told him he will have to play out his contract.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As I said before....I would have sat him down a told him he will have to play out his contract.

I hear yaz but at what price.................... sleeping through team meetings, contaminate other team players.

I'm with you as to sitting him down and giving the lecture but I'd like to think this coaching staff had already done that. I think they got a 6th for what eventually would have become a cut and release that netted nothing.

It appears that Ingram is getting his NFL KARMA in his new home.

Salute the nation

SteveA

Reaction score
guy was bitching...u want that kinda **** as a leader...terrible thread nbased on nothing

chipped ham

Reaction score
guy was bitching...u want that kinda **** as a leader...terrible thread nbased on nothing
Especially because Charlton has done more, statistically, since taking Ingram’s spot. Plus, as someone added, he’s not the malcontent that Ingram was reportedly being. Ingram had a solid impact against the bills, but also had a total-bullshit-effort missed tackle on Tyler Boyd against the bungles that resulted in their first touchdown the first time we played them. As a matter of fact, IIRC, he sucked through that entire game.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Anyone who has read a post I've written knows my Tomlin position. However, I find it hard to believe Tomlin promised him more snaps then he got. He got much more than I expected.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Wonder who make him a malcontent?? maybe Harris could weigh in on that discussion.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
****, Taco is doing better than Ingram now, but let's be serious. Ingram thought he was better than Highsmith, which is laughable.

The top FA Edge we brought in was Houston, and he's doing well. He has 4 sacks and 15QB Pressures. His tackles suck though, 4 TFLs, 20 Tack, 11 solo

Highsmith has less sacks and pressures 3 and 10, but his tackle numbers dwarf Houston's: 7 TFLs 45 Tack, 23 Solo.

Alex has more solo tackles than Houston's combined tackles. Houston is a one trick pony, pass rush only OLB, much like Ingram. Alex is a complete player.

Good thing Melvin left for KC. In 3 games he has zero starts and 3 tackes 1 solo...