• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Anyone Else Going To Be Pissed If We Get Stuck With Brandon Hunt or Omar As Our Next GM?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Per ESPN's Brooke Pryor, Khan wasn't the team's top choice for GM.

I'm not able to copy and paste the full article. Apparently, they wanted to hire Doug Whaley because they recognized Khan's shortcomings, but they didn't want to lose Khan as a result of him not being promoted. So, if this is true, even the brass knew that Khan wasn't the guy from a talent/experience standpoint. In short, our GM isn't even the guy that our ownership wanted. Think about that.

ESPN NFL insider Brooke Pryor joined the show. Brooke joined to talk about the Omar Khan promotion to general manager. She backed up what Jeff referenced about Khan surrounding himself with people that strengthen his shortcomings. She expects Andy Weidl will be very involved and Mike Tomlin will continue to have a big role in the talent evaluation process. She thinks Kevin Colbert will stick around for a year or two to make the transition as seamless as possible. Brooke can see a modernization, but still thinks the Steelers stick to some of their old ways. Brooke mentioned that Doug Whaley really impressed the team, but they did not want to lose Khan and Brandon Hunt (Hunt has since left for Philadelphia).

The same Doug Whaley that said Jack Ham would be a back up special teamer in today's NFL? That guy? **** that guy.

The citation is up your boyfriend's *** so you can readily view it.

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
Comprehension. So, let me say this again. I DID NOT bring up the issue of race in hiring. I DID admonish a poster who DID bring up the issue of race in hiring the new GM.
See the difference? It's kind of like you trying to admonish me for bringing up the issue of race .... except, the other poster actually did bring up race and I did not.
So, before you trot out ideas such as upper-tier thinking, you might want to try a little basic COMPREHENSION.
What issue DIDN'T you bring up?? Exactly.... That's kicking your thinking up a tier...

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, if you admonish someone for mentioning something, you aren't bringing it up... But if someone brings up that you're telling them not to bring it up, they are??
Truly, yours is a superior intellect...
You're really trying to stretch this to make yourself look good. It's not working.
First, because I never said, prior to your previous post that you WERE trying to bring it up. In fact, I didn't address you at all in this post until you addressed me.
This has been amusing. It's late though, and I have a cookout to prepare for.

Bob Ondis II

Reaction score
I can't copy and paste the article, but you can find it posted on Steelers Depot. According to Aditi, the brass knew it needed outside blood since Omar's lacked the true experience / qualifications needed. It also doesn't seem like they were overly bothered by Brandon leaving.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Khan is good with the cap, although we kept expensive players long than we should have. It remains to be seen how good he is as GM in free agency and the draft.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You're full up crap. ******* troll. Why did you start a new thread? You already posted your unsubstantiated (citationless!!!) crap in another thread of yours.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't copy and paste the article, but you can find it posted on Steelers Depot. According to Aditi, the brass knew it needed outside blood since Omar's lacked the true experience / qualifications needed. It also doesn't seem like they were overly bothered by Brandon leaving.
73BE4516-61CC-4901-B003-D05F4711EFB8.gif

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
That's not what the article said at all in terms of Khan's lack of experience.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
there are not any articles on that site that state anything like your bogus headline or your idiotic comment here.

troll

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple post(s) / threads / poster names / similar personalities ............... enough to think BoB is back........................

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple post(s) / threads / poster names / similar personalities ............... enough to think BoB is back........................

Salute the nation
Bob Ondis - not gonna lie. About time the name gets some troll respect.

The personality still lacks that….oomph