• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Anyone Else Going To Be Pissed If We Get Stuck With Brandon Hunt or Omar As Our Next GM?

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
Apologist much?

As someone who lives outside of Pittsburgh the majority of the time, I can tell you that the vast majority of neutral or non-Steeler diehards do not see Tomlin favorably (at all). VERY frequently I hear, "your owner holds you guys back by keeping that guy". OR, "under the right coach, Ben would have had 3 or 4 rings". OR, you guys still have the cheerleader, right"?
Derpz Sheep much?
Yeah, as always, you’re incorrect.
I listen to 850 ESPN out of Cleveland daily.
They LOVE Tomlin and they frequently talk about having a coach like Tomlin and use him as the basis for most of their comparisons of other coaches.

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
this version of you here only gets this one warning about bringing political **** into this forum....
It’s him.
You know it’s him.
We all know it’s him.
He’s already been warned, regardless of what handle was warned.
In the immortal words of B-Real……
“**** the hammer it’s time for action”!

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, give it up. Your "Hey everybody, look at me! I'm a free thinker who will defend and protect the actions of anyone who isn't caucasian" schtick has grown BEYOND stale.

If it hurts you or a friend of yours feelings that Flores did, in fact, have to resort to crying his way onto a team, maybe take up that grievance with Flores, not me for pointing out that reality. I'm merely pointing out his pathetic actions.

Blitz is claiming he's a proven winner. Proven winners don't have to cry their way into a job.
So you’re saying the ONLY reason we hired him is because he sued the NFL for race discrimination, and had he not done that, he wouldn’t have a job right now?
You’re not retarded, you’re uh-tarded.
For someone with nothing to offer talent wise that played the race card to try and get employed again, see Kaepernick, Colin.
He got benched and demoted and THEN took a knee and THEN sued the NFL.
And have you been paying attention to Miami’s organization the last decade or two?
It’s so poorly managed I thought Jimmy Hasslam bought another team.

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh please. Nothing that I said is indicative of having the type of mentality that you have alleged. You're part of the problem in this country. But hey, free to continue sipping the juice and fanning those flames, Karen.

If memory serves, you're a retired Army soldier, right? Based on my experiences, you guys are known more for shutting up and doing what you're told than you are for your critical thinking. I'm guessing that you probably spend a good portion of your time now telling some VFW bartender how you spent countless hours playing Rambo and about all the things that you saw.

If I were to look in your service jacket I bet it would show that you were a 20 year line cook. After 4 or 5 beers, *slurring* those rice and beans can be dangerous too. Derrr
Wow, what a puke garbage human you are.
Mods - get rid of this clown permanently!
You wanna attack a vet for his opinion, so be it.
But to attack his service to this country for ZERO reason?
Utterly despicable.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
It’s him.
You know it’s him.
We all know it’s him.
He’s already been warned, regardless of what handle was warned.
In the immortal words of B-Real……
“**** the hammer it’s time for action”!
he was banned yesterday and then another version of him was banned earlier today

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It sounds like we'll know who our GM will be by the end of the week. Who do you think it will be? Who do you want it to be?

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Derpz Sheep much?
They LOVE Tomlin and they frequently talk about having a coach like Tomlin and use him as the basis for most of their comparisons of other coaches.
850 ---is Trevisanno still doing Cleveland sports talk?

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t know that name from 850.
Tony Rizzo, Aaron Goldhammer, Emmitt Golden, and Je’Rod Cherry are the guys I hear on the air during work hours.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Soldiers gotta eat... I'd say line cook is one of the most prestigious positions in the service... An army runs on their stomachs...
Air Force chow is damn good. I saw way too many Marines, Soldiers and Seamen..he he...couldn't help it...jaws drop when they walk in. They don't believe me when I tell them we could get made to order omelettes at midnight chow.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t know that name from 850.
Tony Rizzo, Aaron Goldhammer, Emmitt Golden, and Je’Rod Cherry are the guys I hear on the air during work hours.
I think Mike Trevisseno was on 1100?
He was certainly entertaining...Hated the Steelers and Pittsburgh and it was always great to listen to him after we whooped their *****!
Very entertaining to say the least!

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
He was certainly entertaining...Hated the Steelers and Pittsburgh and it was always great to listen to him after we whooped their *****!
These guys hate the Steelers, too. But they're not overt homers where they lie and make things up or completely ignore facts.
They call it like it is.
And it's entertaining to hear them squirm and squeal after losses.
And, to be fair, I listen after we lose to them, too.
It hurts. But what's fair is fair.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I remember him.. Wow. what a shitshow after they would lose to the steelers.

Stewey

Reaction score

He died.
He was on 1100.
The cause of death was not disclosed.

I thought it may have been COVID, but others disagree suggesting it was cancer.

Last edited:

Stewey

Reaction score
Derpz Sheep much?

Yep they love Tomlin.
I make it a point to listen to Rizzo cry on Monday mornings after the Browns lose. ...especially when it's to the hated Steelers.

You may have heard Rizzo scream in response to several Browns players arriving at First Energy in Halloween costumes... then lose to the Steelers...

"DID TJ WATT COME TO THE GAME WEARING A HALLOWEEN COSTUME ???"

That was priceless !

Last edited:

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep they love Tomlin.
I make it a point to listen to Rizzo cry on Monday mornings after the Browns lose. ...especially when it's to the hated Steelers.

You may have heard Rizzo scream in response to several Browns players arriving at First Energy in Halloween costumes... then lose to the Steelers...

"DID TJ WATT COME TO THE GAME WEARING A HALLOWEEN COSTUME ???"

That was priceless !
Yep, I listened to that particular show, too. I was crying laughing.
Rizzo is hysterical when he gets wound up about something.
It's a good show.
Even though they're diehard Clowns/Cleveland Sports Teams fans, they're not nauseating about it and call out their teams' ineptitude when necessary......which is a LOT.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
if that is enough to get you to switch teams

you are not a fan anyway

troll
Well said cooley most on here being Steelers is in our dna not being a Steeler fan is like saying ”I’m pissed at the president so I’m no longer American” don’t work that way. you can take the boy out of Pittsburgh but you can’t take the Steelers out of the boy!

Stewey

Reaction score
Yep, I listened to that particular show, too. I was crying laughing.
Rizzo is hysterical when he gets wound up about something.
It's a good show.
Even though they're diehard Clowns/Cleveland Sports Teams fans, they're not nauseating about it and call out their teams' ineptitude when necessary......which is a LOT.
Rizzo can rant with the best of them. It's the Italian in him. lol

Goldhammer on the other hand, nobody likes him. I only like him because he annoys Browns fans. He's from Denver and a Bronco fan. Pretends to be disappointed when the Browns lose, but ya know he's lovin it. I can see right through his act.

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
Rizzo can rant with the best of them. It's the Italian in him. lol

Goldhammer on the other hand, nobody likes him. I only like him because he annoys Browns fans. He's from Denver and a Bronco fan. Pretends to be disappointed when the Browns lose, but ya know he's lovin it. I can see right through his act.
Yeah, Goldhammer is an absolute douche.
My favorite sound bite is the guy who left a voicemail calling out Goldhammer right after Kathy Griffin incident with Trump’s head. That guy summed up Goldhammer perfectly.
And I’m glad Rizzo and Pa find it as funny as I do and play it every once in a while.
If you’ve never heard it, it is OUTSTANDING!

Stewey

Reaction score
Yeah, Goldhammer is an absolute douche.
My favorite sound bite is the guy who left a voicemail calling out Goldhammer right after Kathy Griffin incident with Trump’s head. That guy summed up Goldhammer perfectly.
And I’m glad Rizzo and Pa find it as funny as I do and play it every once in a while.
If you’ve never heard it, it is OUTSTANDING!
Oh yes, I've heard it. Sounded like an older guy. I don't recall exactly what he said. I know it had "you ******* liberal" in it. lol

Most annoying about him for me is that he loves to make it known he's Jewish, in addition he will inject anti-Christian undertones and mock Christmas in a subtle way. He doesn't do that **** regularly, but he he'll have those moments.

Last edited:

Bob Ondiss

Reaction score
* For anyone hoping that Omar's lazy, undeserved, and politically driven promotion might be a good thing, here's a prelude of what's to come (spoiler alert: it's more of the same old mediocre same - according to the man himself).

For the first time since the turn of the century, the Pittsburgh Steelers were in the market for a new head of personnel.

They found their replacement in house, hiring a key lieutenant of Kevin Colbert's in Omar Khan, who had been groomed to replace Colbert for years. Continuity was important to the Steelers, a club known for refusing to deviate from its tried and true principles. Khan intends to keep things very similar now that he's in charge.

"There's not going to be a lot of change here," Khan said during his introductory press conference Friday. "I obviously have a lot of ideas that I want to implement and put in place, but I don't see a lot of change."

Khan most recently served as the team's vice president of football and business administration, but he's held a variety of roles in Pittsburgh's front office since arriving just one year after Colbert, in 2001. Khan's chief responsibilities have centered around leading the Steelers' contract negotiations while managing the team's salary cap, two duties that will be essential as general manager. He's well-seasoned for a job that comes with tremendous expectation.

"Obviously, being in this role, responsibilities shift a little bit, but I'll have my hands on a lot of things that I've done before and, obviously, have my hands in other things," Khan said. "It'll be a smooth transition."

"It stays the same," Khan said of his relationship with Tomlin. "Mike and I have known each other for 16 years now. We have a great relationship, and that makes this job fun."

Khan feels good about the 2022 Steelers.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Khan has the pedigree and Citation that is needed