• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Friday here?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure as in any week, most can't wait for Friday to get here. Well this FRIDAY, has special meaning. Some of those being....
1.) Actual NEW news and not the same o'l crap, feed with a fork.
2.) A chance to see what the new players bring to the team
3.) Hopefully slow down or stop this bickering amongst the fans. New focus
4.) A chance for those who can, to actual give live reports from camp :)
5.) Work week is over.....

What say Ye............

Salute the nation

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I hear ya Iron City. Im ready.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Just hope no one gets hurt during camp or pre-season

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a long off season.

Wingman

Reaction score
I'll go with 2 and 4. I have doubts regarding most of the media and the word news and facts being connected. There will still be lots of bickering, folks are passionate about the team and will argue about everything. Rest of your points are valid as well but I'll be happy with just 2 and 4.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just hope no one gets hurt during camp or pre-season

Seems like we have had our fair share of training camp injuries. I never want injuries, to any player / team, but hoping the injury bug flies on by us this year.

Salute the nation

Wingman

Reaction score
Seems like we have had our fair share of training camp injuries. I never want injuries, to any player / team, but hoping the injury bug flies on by us this year.

Salute the nation
I have to agree with you there, we have had some mighty big losses in the last few years we are due to catch a break for a change.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We get to see if Worilds is as good as he thinks he is and if he can even participate in camp.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Honestly its been one of the best (or seemingly) off seasons in years as far as re tooling and adding new talent. I'm optimistic.

xjx

Reaction score
I think watching the linebacker situation unfold...from seeing if worilds is as good as he thinks he is....to seeing who will make a good showing at the inside linebacker spots.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly its been one of the best (or seemingly) off seasons in years as far as re tooling and adding new talent. I'm optimistic.

You sir, Have this correct. I too, am looking to see the new talent on the team. I am excited, hoping, and antsy as to what will transpire.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see this Dri Archer guy they drafted. Haven't heard much about him.

Me either, but rumor has it, he can PANCAKE Patrick Willis, with a bus!!!! lol

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what the new blood brings as well as Tomlin attitude after two 8-8 seasons and no playoffs. Lets Go!!!!

xjx

Reaction score
Perhaps Tomlin is feeling some heat now after 8-8 seasons and being surrounded by other former head coaches. Looks to me like Munchack might be in line for the job if Tomlin continues to muck it up.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
was thinking the same thing about Munchak after the reports of Tomlin being on the hot seat after two 8-8 seasons. This season is going to be very interesting for several reasons. I'm optimistic, but cautious, as well.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps Tomlin is feeling some heat now after 8-8 seasons and being surrounded by other former head coaches. Looks to me like Munchack might be in line for the job if Tomlin continues to muck it up.

I think it is a good thing, to feel a little heat. Remember though, the Rooney's are not quick to fire, so that does bring great stability to the team. I feel one performs a little better, when put under the gun. I do hope Coach Tomlin
does feel a sense of urgency. I'm sure he does, as he is very passionate about this team. Reality is, how could he not be? (rhetorical question)

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
At certain points I've felt like the o'line would improve because I liked some of the talent. This year |I'm confident with the coach. I don't know about the tackles, but feel like if they can just do ok-good that we are going to ****** road grade some teams. we have three good to excellent interior blockers and two very tough to tackle running backs. I'd really like to bring in an experienced outside linebacker. I think Keisel has more to offer than Harrison, but I like our DE's better than our OLB's. I;m a little concerned Worilds will have a Wallace type year where he is more concerned about not getting hurt than playing great.

obxsteeler

Reaction score

What was Munchak's record as a HC? What I am impressed with is Tomlin's willingness to hire former HC's and their willingness to work for him. Can't recall ever seeing a potentially better coaching staff here.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
I got my eyes on the Sean Spence situation...this is the one (camp spotlight) i most anticipate, because if he can truly return to near 100% and play as well as we think he can, then its gonna make things sooo much better for DL and Keith Butler.

I wanna see what shakes out on the fight for the #3,4 and 5 WR spots. I really hope Martavis, Moye and J Brown put the pressure on Wheaton to grab and hogtie that #3 spot

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
What was Munchak's record as a HC? What I am impressed with is Tomlin's willingness to hire former HC's and their willingness to work for him. Can't recall ever seeing a potentially better coaching staff here.

22-26 in three seasons ....2-20 vs teams with records of .500 or better.....

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At certain points I've felt like the o'line would improve because I liked some of the talent. This year |I'm confident with the coach. I don't know about the tackles, but feel like if they can just do ok-good that we are going to ****** road grade some teams. we have three good to excellent interior blockers and two very tough to tackle running backs. I'd really like to bring in an experienced outside linebacker. I think Keisel has more to offer than Harrison, but I like our DE's better than our OLB's. I;m a little concerned Worilds will have a Wallace type year where he is more concerned about not getting hurt than playing great.

I think with the new OL coach, the play will be much better. The tackles will step it up due to being coached up, letting there natural abilities come out more. You are right, we do have two very tough running backs, with the third yet to be proved Archer. Hopefully he can take over the return game and add something to the RB game. With the Kiesel or Harrison thing, I've flipped back and forth on, so I'll have to leave it up to the coaches. Worilds, will be playing on one hand to not get hurt (1st 1/2 season), then on the other hand, for the big bucks (2nd 1/2 season). I very excited, as at this time, all is possible !!

22-26 in three seasons ....2-20 vs teams with records of .500 or better.....

Nothing to impressive. I really don't think Coach Tomlin has any worries, unless he totally tanks. The Rooney's are very patient, thus the stability.

2-1 against Tomlin.

Seems he has Tomlin's number. Tomlin hires him, so Tomlin has Munch's number, so to speak. I don't think there is much to be said about this stat.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
To lazy to look up, but what time do they report? When is the conditioning test?

Salute the nation