• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is it time to be concerned with Edmunds?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it time to be concerned with numbnuts starting a thread for every little thought that comes into his tiny cranium?

Is there a thing as too small a head, Coach?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
edmunds isn't the worst, but he isn't anything all that great, either. he's just a guy

Aye aye, Captain!

ZqVTPEs.gif

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have to cut out the part of the posts which shows lack of top speed between players, what does that say? I posted a guy with a much slower 40 and a guy a near identical 40. Both players had noticeably higher top speed. Re-read top speed ratings. I think Tape, who's a much better poster and understands football will see my point. I don't think you have the IQ for, and perhaps the honesty as you cut out the part of the post that explains it. Stay angry!

I understand football just fine twatwaffle. If you want to talk posters you are by far the dumbest poster on this site. And that is saying a lot. Your football IQ is zero now go **** yourself.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he is athletic enough and has great size for his position, what I see is bad technique in coverage and slow reaction to the developing play. All this can be fixed with practice and hitting the film room, he has to remember that if he is assigned to be the FS he can't jump on play actions or fakes, if he is in zone he gotta be aware of the routes that are crossing it and jump on them, etc.
I mean, I'm no coach but it all looks like his failurea can be fixed with proper technique and that's on his position coaches and himself

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I hate 40 times for football. Football is not track. Just because someone is fast does not make them a good player. If you have slow reaction time or are not physical enough or agile enough you could be Bolt and be a terrible football player. Even if all the physical traits are there you still need to have a high football IQ and good coaching. Edmunds physical numbers seem fine so i still think there is some hope, but that would rely on our coaching staff to bring out the talent...

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand football just fine twatwaffle. If you want to talk posters you are by far the dumbest poster on this site. And that is saying a lot. Your football IQ is zero now go **** yourself.

pretty sure I am that guy

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
I really tought we would get a Vonnie Bell I in rnd 2 or trade out of rnd 1, they need to blitz him on the ss snake blitz trhat will Allen and polamalu did so often.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you Omar but what hurts is for just being a guy we drafted him in the first round. Damn I wish we would have passed on him and most likely he’s there in round three.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

agree 100%. i think, just like with burns, its a case of over-thinking the selection.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Edmunds is still a very good athlete and that's what he has going for him. He really hasn't looked like a 1st rounder in his 1st 2 years but it took Bud 5 years so there is still hope. I would have said Davis won't be back but with his injury, they may be able to get him relatively cheap. He is not a bad backup and possible starter who can play multiple positions. We still haven't gotten to see him play at one position 2 years in a row yet. So, he has that going for himself as well.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Oh another Cooch, "Pat myself on the back" attempted thread. You had a 3rd round grade on him my ***, you mean WalterFootball had him as a third round grade or some other draft site where you get all of your "analysis" from. Everyone sees through your BS, no one believes you have football IQ except for you hahahaha

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm with Coach on this one. Edmunds is the weak link. He's responsible for the last 2 TDs. The one in the Bills game, there was only one player deep on his side of the field, and he doesn't move to him, because he's staring at the QB. Last game he took a false step up and the WR got behind him. The WR made an incredible catch, but it would have been defended if Edwards was playing deep instead of trail position.

The microcasm of his season is diving in front of the player deep and being no where near the TD pass that was completed easily over his head...

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I had a round three grade on Edmunds. We can't draft DB's. But we do a great job trading for them and getting them in free agency,

Ah the Coach “Draft Grades”

Based on his minutes of experience evaluating draft boards on other sites.

A true expert on drafting is Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not aware of missed tackles as an official stat. I'd be interested in such a stat. Where are you getting this?
He pulled it right out of his ***. With half of the other **** he flat out makes up.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
As a tackler, Edmunds has been a mixed bag. He does lead the team in tackles, I say partly because he's been targeted with his man being open often. He also leads the team in missed tackles. No sacks to brag about. Or forced fumbles.

Sure enough tackler? He leads the team in tackles...

Fixed it for ya.

So Mr. Dumb *** starts early with his usual two sided idiot speak.

Leads the team in tackles, but also leads the team in missed tackles?

Wrong, as usual. Going into week 17, Edmunds has 10 missed tackles against 98 combined tackles (leads team). His missed tackle percentage is 9.3, which is 11th on the team.

You really spit crap out of your mouth with unnerving ease. If you are wanting attention, dress up like a clown and stand outside shouting you are an evaluator of players. You definitely will get the attention you crave.

Sure, Edmunds hasn’t been a splash play maker, and his coverage game has taken a step back, but his role changed when Minkha arrived and outside of Hilton, has blitzed far more than any other DB. I’d say it’s safe to say, if you let him learn to play with one safety in stead of three, he can get better at anticipating the other player. Minkha definitely ahead of him there, hence the high draft slot.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
it's a good point that Edmunds's role changed when Minkah arrived. Edmunds makes mental mistakes and is slow to read things at times. Athletically, he's fine. I see him running with WRs all the time. He has long arems to be a good coverage player too,

His problem is that Va Tech used him in the box a lot so he's still learning coverage. He does not have great instincts for it yet. Davis is in the same boat. He was moved between positions in college and with the steelers. He still has some great upside. So does Edmunds.

Edmunds has not been bad. He just hasn't been great. He's just OK so far but could still develop into a playmaker next to Minkah

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Edmunds is a bum. Time has long past to move on.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Edmunds is a bum. Time has long past to move on.

.......in his second year...gheez. A bit premature to say “long past”. It usually takes 3 years to gauge a players ceiling.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
2nd season in his nfl career, for ***** sake...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app
Then perhaps his talent is being squandered by inept coaching? I give the kid credit for his athleticism and physicality but he’s getting paid to do a job. It’s either lapses of concentration or his coaches are not putting him in the proper positions to make plays. His tackling sometimes is ineffective but that can be corrected with proper coaching. Maybe I’m too critical but this year’s version of the Steelers has depended on a shut down Defense that can also take away footballs; any mistakes are magnified.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
not a big fan of Edmunds - particularly since he let that INT in the endzone go right between his hands that resulted in a TD - but do see that he's been moved around and had to learn how to play on the fly.

oh, and since Cooch now hates him, I suggest we sign him long term.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I would have to go back and rewatch the games to really give any insight on Edmunds. Not to many games I want to rewatch this year.