• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is it time to start Mason Rudolph?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
The season isn’t technically over, but it’s over. So there’s two things we can do. Let Roethlisberger pat his stats a bit and retire the 5th all time passing leader ahead of Phillip Rivers. Or do we see what Rudolph has with a few weeks of starts under his belt. It would at least clear up the needs of a QB this off-season.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
It is time to start Haskins. Not because I have great hope there but we know what Mason will offer next year as much as we know what Ben will offer next year. May as well see what Haskins has (again, I suspect not much). Keep in mind that, whomever, we play, it is also somewhat irrelevant with Canada as the OC.

Stewey

Reaction score
The season isn’t technically over, but it’s over. So there’s two things we can do. Let Roethlisberger pat his stats a bit and retire the 5th all time passing leader ahead of Phillip Rivers. Or do we see what Rudolph has with a few weeks of starts under his belt. It would at least clear up the needs of a QB this off-season.

Yes, it is time.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
No, Rudolph is worse.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Start Haskins obvious he has not shown much when he isn't dressed most of the time. Season is over as far as any thought of playoffs. What would be nice if we saw any improvement on any of the players we play. Another positive is this coaching staff look less and less on how the game plan, player they put in certain positions and aging lack of improvement

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Let Ben finish the year on his own terms. He has earned that. It's his last few games. He gave us many years of greatness. He gets a mulligan in a lousy year.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
It is time to start Haskins. Not because I have great hope there but we know what Mason will offer next year as much as we know what Ben will offer next year. May as well see what Haskins has (again, I suspect not much). Keep in mind that, whomever, we play, it is also somewhat irrelevant with Canada as the OC.
Lol....Haskins. smh

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If they could have stayed together they might have improved but you can't plug and play a new guy every week and expect the OL to be competitive.

PLUS their experient of not investing heavy into the OL has backfired. A 3rd & a 4th is not heavy investment.

As for the Rudoph over BEN,...... commical. Whether season is done or not, you go with best chance to win, we are nOt a loser draft pick team attitude YET.

Salute the nation

mdk2

Reaction score
If they could have stayed together they might have improved but you can't plug and play a new guy every week and expect the OL to be competitive.
Moore and Green are terrible and they haven't missed any time.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not, but even when they were playing together there wasn't much improvement. They peaked early and then began to fade again. There are no individually talented guys in the lineup and it shows.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I say let Ben finish this thing out since no matter he or Mason, this season will not end up successfully. I just hope he stays healthy and if he can maybe put a couple wins and pad his stats, that’s all I realistically can hope for. The team has multiple issues far too many that could be fixed this year. I predicted 7 wins prior to the season and think that’s a real possibility but the team simply cannot fix all these issues in season.
They need to take a hard look at what they have in the off season and draft wisely and spend their money in FA wisely.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm my opinion yes. See what you have on the roster so you have clarity for the off season. Are you bringing in someone and drafting a guy? Honestly on a better day yes Ben is significantly better but you cannot say he was better today. He was ****** horrible.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think at this point they should know what they have at the QB position. Season isn't officially over so you don't throw in the towel. It won't end well with whomever is at the helm. Might as well let the HOFer ride off into the sunset. Not his fault they handcuffed him from the getgo.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think at this point they should know what they have at the QB position. Season isn't officially over so you don't throw in the towel. It won't end well with whomever is at the helm. Might as well let the HOFer ride off into the sunset. Not his fault they handcuffed him from the getgo.
I find it hard to know what they have when they employ incompetent people to call the plays. The majority of the snaps Rudolph has taken have been with people who should not be in charge of an NFL offense.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I find it hard to know what they have when they employ incompetent people to call the plays. The majority of the snaps Rudolph has taken have been with people who should not be in charge of an NFL offense.
Yeah that bad decision making runs deep.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Everybody talking about drafting a QB. Name one coming out this year who is actually worth drafting over OL, DL, CB, ILB, and a true deep threat WR. I know some of those needs SHOULD be filled through FA, but I don't see one QB coming out that I would want on the team at the expense of filling needs that can't be filled during FA. Not even the suddenly revered Kenny "it took me 5 years of college ball, and boy am I glad for that extra 'Covid Year' to blossom" Pickett.