• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is it time to start Mason Rudolph?

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not going to read all three pages of drivel, I'll simply state my opinion on the matter. I draw from a very recent event, one in which the New York Giants benched Eli Manning during his final year, breaking his streak of games started, all in favor of....Geno Smith. First of all, the Giants knew that Smith was not the future of the franchise, and they started him anyway. We all know that Mason is not the future of this franchise, he may end up being the starter next year, but he is not the future.

For everything that Eli did for the Giants franchise, it was a slap in the face to sit him that game. He didn't create a fuss or anything, but deep down, I just know that had to piss him off. I'm not willing to do that to arguably the greatest QB this franchise has seen. He deserves way better. Sink or swim the rest of the year, enjoy the ride because it's about to end. So hop on over to youtube, type in Ben Roethlisberger, and watch some career highlights and remember what all he has done for us, and let him go out how he wants to go out, not on the bench for Mason Rudolph or Dwayne Haskins, GTFO
I can get on board with this

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think this year is that bad. Next year will be worse, potentially much worse. If Ben comes back for some reason then it will just be back the regular bad but if he does not come back - it will be a disaster.
I agree, but sadly, that "disaster" is probably what it's gonna take for Art Jr to get off his duff and start making moves, bare minimum

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, but sadly, that "disaster" is probably what it's gonna take for Art Jr to get off his duff and start making moves, bare minimum

Everybody has a whisperer,......................... I wonder who whispers into Art Duece's ear.................... ? You know he has to see what is happening but also is looking at it as a business man. With the insane amount of money involved I can see why it is a slow reaction process but this has been going on for quite some time and yet the money rolls.

POINT being, at what level of disaster will it take for action Artie to move ?

Salute the nation

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I'm not going to read all three pages of drivel, I'll simply state my opinion on the matter. I draw from a very recent event, one in which the New York Giants benched Eli Manning during his final year, breaking his streak of games started, all in favor of....Geno Smith. First of all, the Giants knew that Smith was not the future of the franchise, and they started him anyway. We all know that Mason is not the future of this franchise, he may end up being the starter next year, but he is not the future.

For everything that Eli did for the Giants franchise, it was a slap in the face to sit him that game. He didn't create a fuss or anything, but deep down, I just know that had to piss him off. I'm not willing to do that to arguably the greatest QB this franchise has seen. He deserves way better. Sink or swim the rest of the year, enjoy the ride because it's about to end. So hop on over to youtube, type in Ben Roethlisberger, and watch some career highlights and remember what all he has done for us, and let him go out how he wants to go out, not on the bench for Mason Rudolph or Dwayne H
I agree with this 1000%

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

For everything that Eli did for the Giants franchise, it was a slap in the face to sit him that game. He didn't create a fuss or anything, but deep down, I just know that had to piss him off. I'm not willing to do that to arguably the greatest QB this franchise has seen. He deserves way better. Sink or swim the rest of the year, enjoy the ride because it's about to end. So hop on over to youtube, type in Ben Roethlisberger, and watch some career highlights and remember what all he has done for us, and let him go out how he wants to go out, not on the bench for Mason Rudolph or Dwayne Haskins, GTFO

EXCELLE NT POST, bar none

Ben Roethlisberger has been the face of this franchise since he came into the league (it began) and finished out a game he did not start. He went on to win 13 regular season games straight as a rookie, a record highly doubtful will ever be broken.

Look at all the QB catagories that matter, he is in all of them and got there while being a STEELERS player.

I will enjoy his play while he is here and ignore the lame excuse of effort in giving him a fair fairwell.

Thank you Ben for all the effort and stand out play.

Salute the nation

diver

Reaction score

Now wait. Eli was rewarded very handsomely over his career. As has Ben been. The franchise owes them nothing. They owe the franchise nothing. It has been a mutually agreed upon arrangement that benefited both very well. End of story.

It has to be looked at that way. It is a business, and the business should be winning. They are not with Ben. It is time to see if there is any hope in the other two guys. Again, if they were winning, even ugly, you leave Ben in. They are not.

diver

Reaction score
I mean, damn, everybody wants Tomlin out, and I agree. He has been one of the constants of not winning anything since 2008.

But so has the QB. Ben has played very small in big games over that period.

Look, I think the world of the guy. I really do. I am going to miss him. I'm just being brutally honest. It doesn't matter one wit though if I am. The Steelers need to be if they want to turn it around.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Now wait. Eli was rewarded very handsomely over his career. As has Ben been. The franchise owes them nothing. They owe the franchise nothing. It has been a mutually agreed upon arrangement that benefited both very well. End of story.

It has to be looked at that way. It is a business, and the business should be winning. They are not with Ben. It is time to see if there is any hope in the other two guys. Again, if they were winning, even ugly, you leave Ben in. They are not.
I disagree, you do this to Ben, the face of the franchise for almost 20 years, and what free agents are going to want to come here. What does it say to the rest of the men in the locker room? Not a good precedent to set

It's not just black and white business decisions, it effects the future as much as the present. It's not like Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Brett Favre, or drafting Andrew Luck with Manning injured...

diver

Reaction score
I disagree, you do this to Ben, the face of the franchise for almost 20 years, and what free agents are going to want to come here. What does it say to the rest of the men in the locker room? Not a good precedent to set

It's not just black and white business decisions, it effects the future as much as the present. It's not like Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Brett Favre, or drafting Andrew Luck with Manning injured...
Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers yet when Favre went to NY. In no way am I saying either of the two guys the Steelers have could even be anywhere close, I'm just saying there was uncertainty at the time.

Free agents will come if the money is right. The way they handle Ben will have no bearing on that.

I wonder what the other men in the locker room really think. Maybe a little discomfort in that locker room might be good. I wonder at times if there are some players in there who are more secure then their play warrants.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
No we have seen he is donkey *** Should be cut if by Christmas we are out the race u see what Haskins can offer as we know a new qb will be starting next year so we need to see if thier is a opportunity to see if Haskins is worth another 1 year deal and worth to battle vs a rookie or a vet via trade to start.
If we are going to trade for a tier 1 qb like Russ a rod or Watson than jimmy g is worth a look as sf has invested so much in lance and I’m sure Kyle can have a system ready for him.

troymania

Reaction score
At this point yes, only because he is 39 and can barely move behind an OL who can barely block. So yes if only for his health. Mason Rudolph is horrible but with this OL how can you judge anybody? Every QB would suck when the Center is giving you a lap dance immediately after the snap.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Everybody talking about drafting a QB. Name one coming out this year who is actually worth drafting over OL, DL, CB, ILB, and a true deep threat WR. I know some of those needs SHOULD be filled through FA, but I don't see one QB coming out that I would want on the team at the expense of filling needs that can't be filled during FA. Not even the suddenly revered Kenny "it took me 5 years of college ball, and boy am I glad for that extra 'Covid Year' to blossom" Pickett.
Amen. And "NO" to Rudy...