• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is the anyone at NFL Network that knows what they are talking about?

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Look, I like David DeCastro. I think he is a good lineman, played lights out last year. In the link below, this idiot is choosing one player from each team that is a lock pro-bowler, and he chose DeCastro for Pittsburgh? No AB? No Bell? No Tuitt? DeCastro has not had his best year and gets called for too many penalties. I dont think these asshats at "the network" even do any research or watch any of the games. They hardly ever know what they are talking about.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759735/article/one-pro-bowlworthy-player-on-each-nfc-team

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
no...none of the talking heads know ****.....

but..I think since we see him all the time we are more critical of DeCastro and other Steelers than those looking from the outside...Tomlin is another perfect example of this...

I would put DeCastro in the pro bowl just for the shot on burfect this past Sunday.....

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Pouncey is the best lineman this season and IMHO has been playing at an All-pro level this season.

DD is having a down year, compared to last year. He's still a great lineman, but he needs to cut the penalties.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've seen, DeCastro has played well overall but not at a pro bowl level this year. He has way too many penalties. Seems like he is called for at least one or two holding calls in every game.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
NFL network is best for documentaries. A few media people do know their stuff. Mike Mayock for example.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Pouncey is the best lineman this season and IMHO has been playing at an All-pro level this season.

DD is having a down year, compared to last year. He's still a great lineman, but he needs to cut the penalties.

1st year that I agree with this. I feel he was not as good last few years. He is blowing it up this year. Gilbert is probably the most underrated. he has turned out to be a strength.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
1st year that I agree with this. I feel he was not as good last few years. He is blowing it up this year. Gilbert is probably the most underrated. he has turned out to be a strength.
Agreed. Great point on Gilbert.

One final point, when is the last time we've heard Villanueva's name called? He's quietly having a great season after letting up sacks in September.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of missing the boat. Peter King named three different players for Special Teams Player of the Week. Chris Boswell was not one of them.

I saw that and just couldn't believe how out of touch old Peter King is. Stopped reading his column regularly several years ago. Happened to see it yesterday and it just reaffirms why I won't read his garbage.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Good call there Coach. Mayock does know about player evaluation. S

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

A Football Life is excellent. I think a doc on Kevin Greene just aired.

If NFL network replaced douche Rich Eisen, I'd watch it a bit more.

mdk2

Reaction score
A Football Life is excellent. I think a doc on Kevin Greene just aired.

If NFL network replaced douche Rich Eisen, I'd watch it a bit more.

The Kevin Greene episode was excellent. As was the Chuck Noll and Jerome Bettis episodes. Great stuff

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that and just couldn't believe how out of touch old Peter King is. Stopped reading his column regularly several years ago.

Wait, what? Stopped reading his column?!? How are you going to get updates on his daughter's field hockey team??