• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

is their 1 person you 100% want to be a Steeler in this draft?

Stewey

Reaction score
Why do I have to name people . I was blasted for calling J Jones a bust. Just like Burns and the others I called a bust. Remember? Ziggy Hood anyone?

It never ceases to amaze me how forgetful you are.
Did you call them busts after or before they became busts?

Sorry Coach, I'm not picking on you! I just couldn't resist that one. LOL

madinsomniac

Reaction score
For anyone advocating that we even slightly think about taking another RB in the first, especially one at 17, gosh that would be beyond stupid, even if harris disappeared from the roster tomorrow…

In at least the past 20 years i can barely recall any 1st round rbs being relevant to the team that drafted them winning a Super Bowl…, its such a stupid move to take one in the top 20… name one that really worked out?

only surefire hof guy the past 20 years, AP… never went to the Super Bowl…
The Bills took Lynch high, but then traded him for a fourth and fifth to Seattle, where he did carry a team to a super bowl… didn’t help Buffalo though…
Todd Gurley at least played on a super bowl losing team for the Rams… and thats about it for the last 20 years of top 17ish rbs taken in the league… most were utter busts after being hyped as special… a few had a couple seasons you could get from a third rounder…

No RB should ever go in the first… taking one in the top 20 should be a fireable offense…

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone advocating that we even slightly think about taking another RB in the first, especially one at 17, gosh that would be beyond stupid, even if harris disappeared from the roster tomorrow…

In at least the past 20 years i can barely recall any 1st round rbs being relevant to the team that drafted them winning a Super Bowl…, its such a stupid move to take one in the top 20… name one that really worked out?

only surefire hof guy the past 20 years, AP… never went to the Super Bowl…
The Bills took Lynch high, but then traded him for a fourth and fifth to Seattle, where he did carry a team to a super bowl… didn’t help Buffalo though…
Todd Gurley at least played on a super bowl losing team for the Rams… and thats about it for the last 20 years of top 17ish rbs taken in the league… most were utter busts after being hyped as special… a few had a couple seasons you could get from a third rounder…

No RB should ever go in the first… taking one in the top 20 should be a fireable offense…
That beyond stupid person wants a QB round 4 as well and a punter with the last pick. Three wasted picks just to fill an agenda. I won't mention who but his username rhymes with da mooch.

😁

deljzc

Reaction score
I just watched some film on Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson, Skoronski, Anton Harrison and the RT from Tennessee, Darnell Wright

My ranking is:

Jones
Johnson/Harrison (equal)
Skorowski
Wright

I think Jones is the best prospect at the position in this draft. He is super young and has no way to go but up. I think Johnson and Harrison are almost identical prospects. I would have to watch about 3-4 games to really decide between the two (and maybe look at combine numbers) because they look very similar in game tape. Skorowski looks maxed out to me. I know he's only 21 yo junior, but he looks like what he will be. That said, I've been wrong before on the 6'-4" OT's before. Bahktiari never impressed me much and he's a pretty good tackle in the league, but I just looked around and he's kind of an exception.

I just think Jones can get A LOT better. And he's pretty good right now. Johnson/Harrison are the wildcard. Risk factor there because we've all seen the starting guys from Alabama and Oklahoma sometimes miss despite the elite prospect characteristics.

Wright has a lot of potential too but his ceiling is limited as a potential left tackle and he might be best at RT. Still pretty decent movement for a very, very big guy.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just watched some film on Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson, Skoronski, Anton Harrison and the RT from Tennessee, Darnell Wright

My ranking is:

Jones
Johnson/Harrison (equal)
Skorowski
Wright

I think Jones is the best prospect at the position in this draft. He is super young and has no way to go but up. I think Johnson and Harrison are almost identical prospects. I would have to watch about 3-4 games to really decide between the two (and maybe look at combine numbers) because they look very similar in game tape. Skorowski looks maxed out to me. I know he's only 21 yo junior, but he looks like what he will be. That said, I've been wrong before on the 6'-4" OT's before. Bahktiari never impressed me much and he's a pretty good tackle in the league, but I just looked around and he's kind of an exception.

I just think Jones can get A LOT better. And he's pretty good right now. Johnson/Harrison are the wildcard. Risk factor there because we've all seen the starting guys from Alabama and Oklahoma sometimes miss despite the elite prospect characteristics.

Wright has a lot of potential too but his ceiling is limited as a potential left tackle and he might be best at RT. Still pretty decent movement for a very, very big guy.
Funny you mention Johnson and Harrison looking similar. I thought the same thing. If I had to guess I would think Johnson's combine would show better athleticism but I am guessing. Both seem like solid future LTs IMO. Nice to see ya Del , getting excited for the draft?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I guess you can take Torrence off the draft board.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Based on my vast knowledge of player evaluation :rolleyes:, if they don't go LT at 17, Kenny maybe in the tent more than on the field.
Jones, Johnson, and Skoronski will likely be gone, but Harrison could still be there, but won't be at 32.