• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is this a draft the Steelers should trade up for a LB or CB?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this a draft the Steelers should look st moving up? Is it worth moving up for Mack Wilson or a CB?

If so who are on the radar?

Thanks, and Go steelers

mr peeples

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's safe to assume we won't be moving up. When is the last time we did? Polamalu?

Seelers are not fond of the concept; it means more $ out of Rooneys' pocket.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's safe to assume we won't be moving up. When is the last time we did? Polamalu?

They did it with Polamalu because he was in their eyes a can't miss prospect.. Not sure money was a driving force rick.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So it will take a player as special as Troy for them to move up.

Yes,,,absolutely.

What do you guys think of Devin White and Mack Wilson? Not in terms of a trade up...just as players.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
So it will take a player as special as Troy for them to move up.

They see it as value. And if the value is in the same range you are wasting picks trying to move up. And to go way up into a different tier you often have to mortgage the majority of your draft. Stupid teams do that.

mr peeples

Banned
Reaction score
They see it as value. And if the value is in the same range you are wasting picks trying to move up. And to go way up into a different tier you often have to mortgage the majority of your draft. Stupid teams do that.

I don't disagree, in general, with that. Troy was worth it though. I wanted them to get Donald, and depending on the price, he would have been worth it. And before you say "He wouldn't fit into our 3-4 D" I say find a way to make him fit, do whatever it takes.

Harry_BZAC

Forefather
Reaction score
They tried to move up for Rashaan Evans this year. Not sure he qualifies as a special player but guess it's way to early to make that call.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree this might be a good year to move up, we need a blue chip player on D

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

you are a moron

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

With slotted rookie salaries, the $$ isn't the issue. It is the draft picks you have to trade away to jump way up that is holding the Team from trading up really high in the draft.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I sooner sign a FA that is a proven and known commodity. If any are available.....we have the money thanks to Bell.

ark steel

Reaction score
With slotted rookie salaries, the $$ isn't the issue. It is the draft picks you have to trade away to jump way up that is holding the Team from trading up really high in the draft.

The guy to get was Roquan Smith last draft. At the slot he went would have taken too many of our other picks away.. Hell, I'd give next year's first and fourth for him now.

steeltruckin

Reaction score
That 3rd round pick from Oak maybe used to move up, it will be just like a late 2nd rd pick.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes,,,absolutely.

What do you guys think of Devin White and Mack Wilson? Not in terms of a trade up...just as players.

Mack would be a good fit to replace Shazier

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Most mocks I've seen have Mack available when Steelers pick, so might not be a need to move up. There is a load of DL talent in this
draft and a lot of mocks have teams taking quite a few of them in 1st round. I think it is more likely Steelers would move up in 2nd round
to take a need player.

Spike

Reaction score
NO defense, the Steelers horrible D picks are more than embarrassing, and DL is perhaps the longest shot possible even for 1st rounders, they almost never pan out.

Steelers need to do what smart teams do and trade for PROVEN defensive talent, (Joe Haden) throw away the broken model of coddling their precious draft picks forever and start trading and picking up FAs

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Is this a draft the Steelers should look st moving up? Is it worth moving up for Mack Wilson or a CB?

If so who are on the radar?

Thanks, and Go steelers

I'm really not thinking draft right now, rather I'm thinking playoffs.

That said I ponder if the Steelers drafted the right people in 2018.

I wanted Reid, and he's doing fantastic in Houston. We shall see how Edmunds develops. He might end up better, early results say Reid is.

In round two I wanted ILB Baker, and he's doing well in Miami. Washington has me worried. Yes he's a rookie but Ju-Ju and Bryant showed us something as rookies.

Next year I think a speedy Inside Linebacker, a #3 speed WR, and a DT/NT are needs. You can add Punter to this list as well.