• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It’s Mike Hilton’s Turn For a Deserved Pay Day

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have a plethora of pending free agents. Although they’ve freed up a significant chunk of cap space over the last couple of weeks, they’re still going to struggle to find a way to keep some of their key players. One of those aforementioned players whose status is currently up in the air is star nickel CB Mike Hilton.

Let’s be honest. Pittsburgh fans would love nothing more than for the Steelers and Hilton to somehow figure out a contract that will keep No. 28 in black and gold for years to come. Since earning a roster spot via a training camp tryout in 2017, Hilton has went from the ultimate unknown underdog, to one of the NFL’s best slot cornerbacks. Not only does he do well in coverage, but his size hasn’t stopped him from being a great blitzer or being a rock solid contributor against the run either.

With all due respect to the other pending free agents, if there’s any one of them who is most deserving of a nice pay day, it’s Mike Hilton. Despite establishing himself as a crucial piece on a Steeler defense that thrives on making big time plays, he’s played the last few seasons for a fraction of his worth. It’s also worth noting that there has never been a single complaint about it either, which is admirable. He’s just been playing under yearly tenders with the hopes of signing a long-term extension here in Pittsburgh. And make no mistake about it Steeler fans, he’s more than deserving of one and it’s time for Hilton to cash in and get the pay day he deserves, whether that deal happens in Pittsburgh or not.

On a personal note, I’ve had the honor of meeting and talking to Hilton on a few occasions. When I say the pleasure was all mine, I truly mean it. He’s embodied everything it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler during his time here. He shows up every single week on game day, and off the field has given much of his time to the fans. To our readers who attend training camp, you can attest to just how many autographs Hilton signs and pictures he takes every day after practice. Selfless on and off the field, he’s the exact type of player we as fans hope our football team can keep around for a long time.

Regardless of what the future holds, Steeler Nation owes Mike Hilton a huge thank you for everything he’s done in his short time here. We wish him the best of luck and health, and hope that his much deserved contract is signed right here in Pittsburgh.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
NICE complimentary write up John, thank you

You hit the nail right on the head when it comes to Mike Hilton. He has done everything asked and then some. It's unfortunate he is catching the STEELERS at an extreme time involving the cap situation. I just don't think we can find room to pay what he deserves. Cam Sutton (not same position) will ease the loss a little provided we can sign him.

Oh to only be a fly on the wall (or own some of the cheatriots spy equipment) with in the STEELERS facility in order to find out what directionthey will be going on some of these guys.

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
yeap, the guy really deserves his new contract, probably one of the toughest guy in the NFL pound by pound