• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's not a bad idea after further review - bring in Suh

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Based on where we are today and against the run in the past two seasons - I don't see this as a problem...

Thoughts???

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how the defensive leadership dynamic would play out between him and Cam.. ....

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Suh is more of a run stuffer now but that really is the teams greatest weakness. They did a decent job addressing most of the areas. I am all for adding him to the room.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At Suh's age, I really wouldn't offer him more than a 1-year deal and prior to the attached article, I had been thinking in the $5 million range. If he wants more than $9 million to leave Tampa, I'd wait until the preseason cutdowns which is probably what the Steelers plan to do anyhow.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Based on where we are today and against the run in the past two seasons - I don't see this as a problem...

Thoughts???

No on Suh. He's a selfish man and a bad character type. Not a rebuilding player. He's 35 now. Old. Last year was his worst in terms of solo tackles by a good margin. Didn't have many assisted tackles either. He's slowing down. I want to sign a much younger lineman. No geriatric DL players the re-build. That's my take. There are reasons he's still out there. Check his stats, you'll see.

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
No on Suh. He's a selfish man and a bad character type. Not a rebuilding player. He's 35 now. Old. Last year was his worst in terms of solo tackles by a good margin. Didn't have many assisted tackles either. He's slowing down. I want to sign a much younger lineman. No geriatric DL players the re-build. That's my take. There are reasons he's still out there. Check his stats, you'll see.

a starting capable younger player would cost us a draft pick for sure

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Omar pick up the phone and bring him in now, now. 😁

madinsomniac

Reaction score

I agree coach… they are going to rely on Loudermilk making a big step forward year two and leal being ready. Wormley isnt bad… he isn’t great either… part of the issue last year was wormley was hurt too

They carry six and it seems unless a major piece becomes available later, or an injury happens… these are tge guys that will be active… now if nobody takes him, and he is willing, maybe a practice squad type move to cover an injury is a possibility… but there are other less glamorous names out there too

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree coach… they are going to rely on Loudermilk making a big step forward year two and leal being ready. Wormley isnt bad… he isn’t great either… part of the issue last year was wormley was hurt too

They carry six and it seems unless a major piece becomes available later, or an injury happens… these are tge guys that will be active… now if nobody takes him, and he is willing, maybe a practice squad type move to cover an injury is a possibility… but there are other less glamorous names out there too
Worm is a better rusher than run defender. He was getting washed out of plays. He was a part of the run D's problem. I am interested if that is less of an issue with Alualu back. But if i am the Steelers and have a decent pass rush then I am looking to shore up the DE position with the best run defender. When it is all said and done that could very well be Loudermilk.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Have to agree with coach on this one. No way I would pay suh 8+ million. If that position was the missing piece for a SB run ..... then yes. Unfortunately we are not in that category this season. We have **** to figure out. Let’s play the young guys. Valuable experience. Let’s see what we got moving forward.
Bring on the Milkman!

Last edited:

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Show us, ol' wise one. Which "much younger lineman" would you suggest??? Oh, don't forget the price tag when you provide your data...

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean if a guy is getting cut from another team after camps and it looks like a problem you can maybe make a move there… but for now id expect them to just go with the six they got

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
never been a big fan of Suh

and yes his stats are down, but he also played a smaller % of the defensive snaps last season and yes we know why that is.....

Yes he is not going to get any better but he could fill the gap for a year

bring him in and rotate him with the young guys to keep him fresh and get the younger guys more experience

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Show us, ol' wise one. Which "much younger lineman" would you suggest??? Oh, don't forget the price tag when you provide your data...

If you have it, provide me with a list of players and I'll show you a better option. The price tag will be around the markert value which I don't know, but we do have a large amount of cap space to use.

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
If you have it, provide me with a list of players and I'll show you a better option. The price tag will be around the marker value which I don't know, but we do have a large amount of cap space to use.
you stated you wanted someone younger

you should provide a list of younger guys they could get for the same or less money

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
If you have it, provide me with a list of players and I'll show you a better option. The price tag will be around the marker value which I don't know, but we do have a large amount of cap space to use.
Does Google not work on your device(s)??? Don't be ******* lazy...

We're waiting.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
you stated you wanted someone younger

you should provide a list of younger guys they could get for the same or less money
I never said sign anyone. That would be a move at the start of free agency, Assuming the Steelers knew Tuitt was gone. Well did they? Is Heyward and Tomlin not telling us not the truth? I don't know, and neither do you.

At this point there is little out there. I'd go with what we have in Loudermilk and Leal for Tuitt's spot. But my point, NO on Suh. He 's old and a problem player. Not very productive last year either.

No charge. Sorry to keep you waiting.:ROFLMAO:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Does Google not work on your device(s)??? Don't be ******* lazy...

We're waiting.
He will do the same detailed work he puts into researching the draft and watching games during the season. And not one iota more do you hear me?

😁

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I never said sign anyone. That would be a move at the start of free agency, Assuming the Steelers knew Tuitt was gone. Well did they? Is Heyward and Tomlin telling us not the truth? I don't know, and neither do you.

At this point there is little out there. I'd go with what we have in Loudermilk and Leal for Tuitt's spot. But my point, NO on Suh. He 's old and a problem player.

No charge. Sorry to keep you waiting.
Oh I am sure the leader of the defense is lying the little shifty eye ******.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I never said sign anyone. That would be a move at the start of free agency, Assuming the Steelers knew Tuitt was gone. Well did they? Is Heyward and Tomlin not telling us not the truth? I don't know, and neither do you.

At this point there is little out there. I'd go with what we have in Loudermilk and Leal for Tuitt's spot. But my point, NO on Suh. He 's old and a problem player. Not very productive last year either.

which part of your statement "I want to sign a much younger lineman" indicates you did not want to bring anyone in?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Walterfootball...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So lazy.

Here's another name that I'm hearing/reading is 'not happy' in his current situation and would be a plausible fit - Daron Payne, DT, Washington Commanders.

Besides the fact that he's a Bama guy - Payne is a blue chip DT and he's only 25. Personally, I'd give up next year's #2 for Payne...

@Coach - this is how you do research.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Right now anyone to stuff the run for a year

Then get JJ next offseason.

Both Suh and add a year, JJ are old. Suh is a little bit of a rebel free-lancer not sure how he would fit in. Bring him in and see what he's got but definately DON'T overpay.

JJ could be that stop gap 1-2 years and possibly affordable but here again don't overpay.

Either if they have the tank fueled.

We need another DL big time

Salute the nation