• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's not a bad idea after further review - bring in Suh

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Walterfootball...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So lazy.

Here's another name that I'm hearing/reading is 'not happy' in his current situation and would be a plausible fit - Daron Payne, DT, Washington Commanders.

Besides the fact that he's a Bama guy - Payne is a blue chip DT and he's only 25. Personally, I'd give up next year's #2 for Payne...

@Coach - this is how you do research.
You know before cooch came around Walterfootball was nothing just nothing. Walter may have initially put out the research and documented it sure. But cooch came along and took that vast supply of information and simplified it and made it his own. Who he would have picked .... that exact day.. those words changed draftnik-ing forever. Greedy Williams is destined for stardom just look at that 40 time. In the anals of a brilliant mind needs no research.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Suh's since he stomped on that one guys' helmet...while the guy was still wearing it.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Suh's since he stomped on that one guys' helmet...while the guy was still wearing it.

That probably puts Miles Garret out of your fan base as well.........
Certainly not advocating either is sportsman likeable.

Suh has been in many controversial (negative) personal foul territories through out his career. That is the negative side but his positive side is he would definately help this run "D".

ALSO Suh would be looking for a pay raise and also add in the fact that our coaching staff is lackadazical when it comes to the phisicality of the game, something Suh would apprciate at this stage of his career.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
which part of your statement "I want to sign a much younger lineman" indicates you did not want to bring anyone in?

Yeah, at the start of free agency when the are good young players to be signed, not in June when they are none of quality left. Do you understand? There is little left now. Tuitt screwed us by retiring when he did. Why not retire after the week of the super bowl so we can prepare?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, at the start of free agency when the are good young players to be signed, not in June when they are none of quality left. Do you understand? There is little left now. Tuitt screwed us by retiring when he did. Why not retire after the week of the super bowl so we can prepare?
You didn't initially say that so why would he understand what you didn't say meatball? Nobody wants to reach in there and figure what is going on. Probably some loose change, odd shaped images and a little bit of damned if I know.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
You know before cooch came around Walterfootball was nothing just nothing. Walter may have initially put out the research and documented it sure. But cooch came along and took that vast supply of information and simplified it and made it his own. Who he would have picked .... that exact day.. those words changed draftnik-ing forever. Greedy Williams is destined for stardom just look at that 40 time. In the anals of a brilliant mind needs no research.

I choose guys over Burns such as in the Pro Bowl CB X Howard. I chose not to draft Bush, but to stay put and choose Sweat, DJ Metcalf, and the guy who starts in Cincinnati at ILB. Plus I keep that draft picks we surrendered in the trade Many guys who the Steelers passed on I would have selected are stars. You seem to forget that, focus on the rare miss. I liked the Watt pick and mocked him for us, just like I liked the picks this year at WR and DL. I mocked the 4th round pick. The second pick is a steal. I said I would have not chosen Pickett in round one, my pick was Lloyd. You don't say who we should have taken. Your a coward in that respect who only brings up my rare misses. I suggest you move on.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
you did not restrict it to early in free agency

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I choose guys over Burns such as in the Pro Bowl CB X Howard. I chose not to draft Bush, but to stay put and choose Sweat, DJ Metcalf, and the guy who starts in Cincinnati at ILB. Plus I keep that draft picks we surrendered in the trade Many guys who the Steelers passed on I would have selected are stars. You seem to forget that, focus on the rare miss. I liked the Watt pick and mocked him for us, just like I liked the picks this year at WR and DL. I mocked the 4th round pick. The second pick is a steal. I said I would have not chosen Pickett in round one, my pick was Lloyd. You don't say who we should have taken. Your a coward in that respect who only brings up my rare misses. I suggest you move on.
The rare miss?😅

You are one delusional dude. Nobody really wanted Burns. You didn't initially pimp Watt. But keep changing your revisionist stories. Nobody will buy the crap you are pedaling but by all means continue.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Better options out there than a bad character guy

Reactions: JMM

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Walterfootball...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So lazy.

Here's another name that I'm hearing/reading is 'not happy' in his current situation and would be a plausible fit - Daron Payne, DT, Washington Commanders.

Besides the fact that he's a Bama guy - Payne is a blue chip DT and he's only 25. Personally, I'd give up next year's #2 for Payne...

@Coach - this is how you do research.

"research"

as in, "did he go to bama??? he did?? let's sign him!! a'huck a'hyuck, he'll definitely make the team better!!!"

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Another self fellation post by coach? Sure, why not

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Another self fellation post by coach? Sure, why not

How the hell does he get his back to bend so far forward for his mouth to seal ?

Salute the nation

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Wormley is average more a of DE and Loudermilk unproven and we have the rookie making the conversion to 5T for 5-6 Suh can be relied on to give Cam Breathers and stablize the run if they have 3 DL say Suh Tyson and Adams and watt Bush Jack as the LB's you get get a decent pass rush from that 4 man rush or so many combinations 4 man front
LE Wormley DT Adams DT Heyward DE watt ILB Bush ILB Jack.
I just don't want any more Charger cast-offs thus why for DL Suh is at the top of my list and with MT Heyward there won't be any selfish issues or he will see he lose re
Cheaper options

Ifeadi Odenigbo​

Larry Ogunjobi​

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The rare miss?😅

You are one delusional dude. Nobody really wanted Burns. You didn't initially pimp Watt. But keep changing your revisionist stories. Nobody will buy the crap you are pedaling but by all means continue.
Yes I clearly want Watt! Your memory sucks! Quote me in full context if your can bear me listing who I would have selected. I state who I would pick every year, at least the early round guys. You don't do it, for fear of making a mistake. What you do is look for mine, and forget or block the good stuff...and there is a lot of it that out weighs the bad. Sometimes you agree with me. In 2023, I want Tomlin fired. Do you agree with that? 5 years and counting no Playoff wins. Best guess is it will be six.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
you did not restrict it to early in free agency

No did didn't. I said if we sign someone I wanted him the be YOUNGER. Duh. Of course I was refereeing to the good players in free agency, not a 35 year old player with baggage and in decline.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
No did didn't. I said if we sign someone I wanted him the be YOUNGER. Duh. Of course I was refereeing to the good players in free agency, not a 35 year old player with baggage and in decline.
No you said
No on Suh. He's a selfish man and a bad character type. Not a rebuilding player. He's 35 now. Old. Last year was his worst in terms of solo tackles by a good margin. Didn't have many assisted tackles either. He's slowing down. I want to sign a much younger lineman. No geriatric DL players the re-build. That's my take. There are reasons he's still out there. Check his stats, you'll see.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I clearly want Watt! Your memory sucks! Quote me in full context if your can bear me listing who I would have selected. I state who I would pick every year, at least the early round guys. You don't do it, for fear of making a mistake. What you do is look for mine, and forget or block the good stuff...and there is a lot of it that out weighs the bad. Sometimes you agree with me. In 2023, I want Tomlin fired. Do you agree with that? 5 years and counting no Playoff wins. Best guess is it will be six.
Uhuh very delusional. You were barely here predraft cooch so STFU with that bullshit. And again you weren't the first to jump on Watt you were late to the party. I pimped him way before you jumped on the bandwagon. Fear of making a mistake? 😅I don't care if I am wrong. Unlike you I know every year there is an element of that.

I will say it again you are the worst draftnik I have ever seen. That hasn't changed.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Backpedaling as an art form

I hear yaz Litos and when the draft was about to happen there was many a call for a "certain" someone to post their picks and yet

"crickets" was developed as an addition to the backpeddling art form.

slash called TJ extremely early as I remeber him barely uttering his name and I investigated all I could on TJ and definately jumped on that boat. I thanked slash for pointing him out and am glad the STEELERS followed through (on slash's advice) and went ahead and picked him.

Coach, I don't remeber one single player you came on here and pimped.............. PRE-DRAFT, not after the fact. Go back in the archives and pull your post to show us, it will be dated and we can verify this confusion.

I'm no draft GURU but because of this site and the patience shown to me by many a many knowledgable posters, I am much much smarter in those regards. But even I can be wrong and fully admit it openly, CROW tastes good if BBQed.

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I hear yaz Litos and when the draft was about to happen there was many a call for a "certain" someone to post their picks and yet

"crickets" was developed as an addition to the backpeddling art form.

slash called TJ extremely early as I remeber him barely uttering his name and I investigated all I could on TJ and definately jumped on that boat. I thanked slash for pointing him out and am glad the STEELERS followed through (on slash's advice) and went ahead and picked him.

Coach, I don't remeber one single player you came on here and pimped.............. PRE-DRAFT, not after the fact. Go back in the archives and pull your post to show us, it will be dated and we can verify this confusion.

I'm no draft GURU but because of this site and the patience shown to me by many a many knowledgable posters, I am much much smarter in those regards. But even I can be wrong and fully admit it openly, CROW tastes good if BBQed.

Salute the nation
but remember when coach called it a year out that an interior DL would go in the Top 10 of the next year's draft