• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jaguars Hiring Former Jacksonville QB Byron Leftwich As Next Head Coach

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

Really happy for Byron. This totally makes sense and I wish him the best!

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope he does well. I really do. Didn't much like playing against him because he was a tough S.O.B. who would rip his arm off if it meant he might have a better shot at hitting a 35 yard post.

When he played for us, his highlight reel days were pretty much over, but he was solid enough. I understand he did pretty well as an OC, but it's hard to know how much of that was him and how much was Arians. (He was with TB, ya?)

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Good hire BL eats sleeps dreams football! He could do pretty well I’m glad hes getting a shot.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great dude that has done a great job and deserves a shot.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I do like this hire by Jacksonville. He will be good for Trevor Lawrence and bring some stability to this franchise and I think the players will really like playing for him. Omar Kahn just needs to have patience with him since he’s young with a young QB and team. He’ll do fine!

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
This hire was on a matter of time. Leftwich seems like a good guy, especially from his time in Pittsburgh. I'd like to see him do well when he's not playing the Steelers.

troymania

Reaction score
I remember him playing a quarter at Marshall with a broken leg. His OL carried him down the field. Great offensive mind. He deserves a shot at head coach.Who knows if he does really well in Jacksonville we can poach him when Tomlin is done!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't a done deal yet. Apparently after interviewing Leftwich, they wanted a second interview with Hackett and Eberflus. Both of those guys were already hired, and the deal with Leftwich still isn't finalized. Wonder what the hold up is now?

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't a done deal yet. Apparently after interviewing Leftwich, they wanted a second interview with Hackett and Eberflus. Both of those guys were already hired, and the deal with Leftwich still isn't finalized. Wonder what the hold up is now?
Interesting. Some half-assed reporting there from that article. Jump the shark a bit.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Interesting. Some half-assed reporting there from that article. Jump the shark a bit.

It’s almost comical the “insider” business. They’re so concerned about being “first to break the news” they seem to follow the old joke of not allowing the facts to get in way of a good story. I come here and find my nfl news the majority of the time cause I don’t trust what the ********* put out on Twitter 🤷🏻‍♂️

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Great hire!

The dumpster fire is lucky to have him, maybe he can turn things around a bit

My favorite memory from him was back in college when he couldn’t barely walk and his linemen were carrying down the field in the hurry up for the next play…he’s got guts and he’ll need it to run in there and put out that fire

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Good for him. I wish him well down here. That place is a **** show. I'm glad he was able to contribute to the Steelers last Superbowl winning season. I think he's a super likeable guy and obviously some good OC skills.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Leftwich already recognizing that he needs a solid GM. Sounds like he is no dummy.

Last edited: