• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jaguars Hiring Former Jacksonville QB Byron Leftwich As Next Head Coach

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Loved that guy, glad he's getting a shot. He's a smart dude, and if his throwing motion didn't have a 3 second windup to it he would have been insane in the NFL, he just took for ******* ever to deliver that ball.

Joe

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Good for Byron, but I was really hoping he was on our short list. Actually, I guess I just hoped that we had a list, and if we did, that he was on it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Supersteeler

Reaction score
He has just the right mentality to calm things down after the shitshow that was Urban Meyer. Byron is Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected. He should help Lawrence tremendously.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this confirmed? I saw today Byron was being interviewed for the New Orleans HC position too. If was hired, why is he still having interviews?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Is this confirmed? I saw today Byron was being interviewed for the New Orleans HC position too. If was hired, why is he still having interviews?
He wants a new GM in Jacksonville.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
He wants a new GM in Jacksonville.
I guess he remembers what Baalke did in San Fran……I knew Kahn wanted the GM to have a Czar of all Football Ops, but that itself comes with its own baggage.

xjx

Reaction score
Doug Pederson is hired. He was never used properly in Philadelphia.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Sucks for Byron, but there may be greener pastures next season for him. Better organization/team.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I wonder if this was the jags choice or he was the only guy who would take it…

Ill never forget Whiz interviwing for the Raiders, them offering him the job, and him turning them down because it was a dead end

steelhurt

Reaction score
I like Doug Pedersen and think he will be good for Trevor Lawrence.
I feel bad for Byron Leftwich but he’ll get his shot somewhere else.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I wonder if this was the jags choice or he was the only guy who would take it…

Ill never forget Whiz interviwing for the Raiders, them offering him the job, and him turning them down because it was a dead end
It seemed like Leftwich was the choice but they didn't want to get rid of Baalke. Pederson isn't a bad option. He's proven capable of working with young QBs and has a Super Bowl title. He has the ability to clean up the mess left by Urban Meyer. I don't know if he can overcome the stench of that entire franchise, though.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I like Doug Pedersen and think he will be good for Trevor Lawrence.
I feel bad for Byron Leftwich but he’ll get his shot somewhere else.
Hey if you don’t think you can work with a GM you don’t go there… OCs make decent bank and it’s better than sinking what could be your only shot at a head coach spot working with someone who is going to get you subpar players

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
When you have Brady at QB, how much credit does the OC get? If Leftwich keeps the offense rolling with the next QB then he'll be high on the list for next year. Also, Arians may hang it up soon so staying put may make Leftwich the next HC in waiting. Of course, Tampa would have to interview a white dude first I assume.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey if you don’t think you can work with a GM you don’t go there… OCs make decent bank and it’s better than sinking what could be your only shot at a head coach spot working with someone who is going to get you subpar players

The jags actually do have a decent roster in terms of a young core of players. They have James Robinson at RB and drafted Etienne last year who got hurt. He's like a bonus 1st rounder this year. At WR they have Marvin Jones, DJ Chark, and Laviska Shenault. That's a decent trio with upside. They traded for TE Dan Arnold last year. The OL is decent. If Lawrence is the real deal then this offense could be good real soon.

The defense was better down the stretch. Shut down the colts in week 18 in a must win for them. Josh Allen is a good pass rusher. If they have a good offseason and upgrade this defense and Lawrence takes a step, the Jags can be pretty good

Let's face it though, if you have a young franchise QB that's the real deal, then it's a good job. You can win just with that and add pieces later. I don't think Buffalo's roster is actually that great. Allen is carrying that team.