• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

James Conner talks about Tomlin, Bell, his haircut and other stuff

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Very good watch, thank you.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Stewey, GREAT find and thanks for posting. It's a AWESOME video and you just KEEP falling more and more PRO JAMES CONNER. He has the back story, the attitude, humble, and everything else one would want on your team. He seems to answer honestly and from the heart, excellent human being. Pretty dang good ball skills too. Won't miss bell at all.

Salute the nation

Steelers12

Banned
Reaction score
My favorite player, he will not get jaded and act the fool like Brown or Bell.

ark steel

Reaction score
Im gonna assume this is one of those times we don't listen to what a player says about a coach.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Im gonna assume this is one of those times we don't listen to what a player says about a coach.

Conner would never say anything bad about anyone. He isn't the type.

And that is fine. As I like that about him.

And Tomlin does have some good about him. I don't ever think we questioned him as a motivational person. Probably a good man too. All the reports I read would never make me think otherwise.

His negatives can be viewed in the Tomlin thread.

nitsuj1225

Reaction score

So he said "Coach T" tells it like it is, is motivational and like a father figure. Has any of those characteristics ever been refuted by anyone on here?

It's not like he said he is a football genius and a great strategist.

Stewey

Reaction score
So he said "Coach T" tells it like it is, is motivational and like a father figure. Has any of those characteristics ever been refuted by anyone on here?

It's not like he said he is a football genius and a great strategist.

If asked, I bet he would have!

Can't see him pull a Terry Bradshaw and say..."Coach T isn't much of a strategist but he's a great cheerleader".LOL

He spoke of his coach the way any player would. As a player you don't go on an interview and openly discuss negatives about your coach.

Last edited:

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
Likeable kid and role model. I hope the Bell situation doesn't slow his momentum. Thanks for the vid Stewey.

Stewey

Reaction score
I am in no way implying that Connor was a belligerent a-hole before he was diagnosed with cancer.
He may very well have been the same James Conner we have come to know and love.

But if after beating cancer and getting a new lease on life doesn't make you humble then you're not human.
Never mind your dream realized in becoming a pro football player.

With the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I've always admired Barry Sanders. Conner is now my favorite Steeler, a Barry Sanders V2.0 in humbleness...hopefully in production on the field someday like Barry as well!
Fukk Bell.

Last edited:

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Can't see him pull a Terry Bradshaw and say..."Coach T isn't much of a strategist but he's a great cheerleader".LOL

He spoke of his coach the way any player would. As a player you don't go on an interview and openly discuss negatives about your coach.
They asked him what everyone says about Tomlin. This is nothing new and it isn't player speak on the coach. All of this has been said for years about Tomlin.

nitsuj1225

Reaction score

I agree with you. I was just responding to Ark's implication that "oh look, players only say good things about Tomlin". Except everything Conner said about Tomlin was nothing new and none of those things are what Tomlin gets criticized for around here.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with you. I was just responding to Ark's implication that "oh look, players only say good things about Tomlin". Except everything Conner said about Tomlin was nothing new and none of those things are what Tomlin gets criticized for around here.

I think sometimes a few focus in what we say negative and forget that we said some positives.

ark steel

Reaction score
Sounds like a helluva lot more than a "cheerleader ", Coach Cool Shades or Mikey Sunglasses.

Let's them know when they are slacking off. Motivator? Doesn't sound like someone who lets the team be unprepared. How can you be a motivator and let uour players be unprepared.

Reinforced that the replay on his TD was not shown on the screen in the stadium.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well you can be motivated and fly around the field. And from that standpoint be prepared to play.

But from a X and O standpoint defensively your players aren't in the right position to make plays on the ball.

Or is having LBers on WRs attractive to you?

And if you are thinking that is Butler's job to fix.

That is Tomlin's job to tell Butler to fix obvious flaws. To help him make adjustments when needed.

I see these coaches adjusting plays on boards, while Tomlin stands there with nothing in his hands.

So during the game the team often isn't prepared to make the needed adjustments.

Very different area of strengths and weaknesses being discussed.

And if Tomlin is incapable, then he should find a D coach that is capable.

So that they aren't trotting the same defensive fails onto the field expecting them to change.