• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jason Worilds

freak

Reaction score
We have become a team that way over pays out players especially lb's. Timmons and worilds are way over paid. Wait until jones rookie contract is up Tombert will make him the highest paid lb'er ever just to prove they were right with that selection

right now seems more than when jarvis contract is up he will let go like ziggy hood

ZACKB

Reaction score
Bouchette said in his chat that he is starting to think they may tag Worilds again. This guy is just not that good. I have no idea why the FO loves him so much. They better not tag him.

keslerclan

Reaction score
I'd rather pay Brandon Graham/Pernell McPhee an avg of 7-8 mil/yr than pay Worilds 3-4 mil more for the same or less production. If we're gonna pay big money...might as well make a run at Houston!

The thing I like about both Graham/McPhee is both can and have played and produced at 4-3 End and 3-4 OLB. We will be running both next season.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Bouchette said in his chat that he is starting to think they may tag Worilds again. This guy is just not that good. I have no idea why the FO loves him so much. They better not tag him.

I don't think it's because they believe he is that good, but they have no other options. If they don't tag him and he gets away, it's not like they are going to spend to bring in a better player. There are no young guys waiting in the wings who are ready to step in. Their hands are tied because of poor drafting and personnel decisions.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather pay Brandon Graham/Pernell McPhee an avg of 7-8 mil/yr than pay Worilds 3-4 mil more for the same or less production. If we're gonna pay big money...might as well make a run at Houston!

The thing I like about both Graham/McPhee is both can and have played and produced at 4-3 End and 3-4 OLB. We will be running both next season.

Agree, plus Graham's character is fantastic as well. He'd make a great Steeler.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's because they believe he is that good, but they have no other options. If they don't tag him and he gets away, it's not like they are going to spend to bring in a better player. There are no young guys waiting in the wings who are ready to step in. Their hands are tied because of poor drafting and personnel decisions.

please stop with the no other options stuff...there are other options they just are trying to save face ...as has been said Graham is another option younger and not in need of 11 million ,,,but they would rather tag Worilds ...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
please stop with the no other options stuff...there are other options they just are trying to save face ...as has been said Graham is another option younger and not in need of 11 million ,,,but they would rather tag Worilds ...

I was talking about on the roster, which there are no other options. I don't even know if a guy like Graham were come here as he is said to want to sign with a team that runs a 4-3.

freak

Reaction score
please come on we already have an 8 milion deadmoney for woodley 11 milion for worilds would be insane .. worilds .. i will burn the colbert house

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Jason Worilds is NOT worth a "tag" money. Pure and simple.
if he is taged / signed, then Colbert needs an @ss kicking

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Tombert is hoping and praying a switch goes off with Worilds so they don't look like morons for drafting and tagging him once already.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
The window of the Big Ben era is starting to close and if they can't get the defense fired up again they are going to miss a chance at a couple more shots at a Super Bowl so Ya the don't want to play worilds but they are thinking they don't have a choice.

keslerclan

Reaction score
I was talking about on the roster, which there are no other options. I don't even know if a guy like Graham were come here as he is said to want to sign with a team that runs a 4-3.

Yeah, I heard that too BUT I also heard he would stay in Philly (w their 3-4) for a 4yr/30mil contract w 20mil guaranteed. Plus, we run plenty of 4-2-5 and will run some 4-3 at times according to Butler. J.Jones cannot be a 4-3 end IMO. I don't even know if he can hold the edge in the 3-4 but he's no JPP for sure.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
If someone is paying Worilds more than $7m/year, I hope it isn't us.
Our best hope is for another team to pay him stupid money that the Steelers can't afford to match.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
On July 23, 2009 Max Starks signed a contract for the Steelers 4-years, $26 million with $10 million guaranteed.

12 months later Max Starks was benched in favor of JON SCOTT and FLOZELL ADAMS.

12 months after that Max Starks was released, a complete free agent and never got a SNIFF in free agency and was an unemployed, 29-year old, fat ex-NFL player until the desperate Steelers called him again 4 weeks into the season.

There is no definition of "good player" in that entire scenario. None. Max Starks sucked and the fact we consider his time here somehow "okay" defines how ***-backward our assessment of offensive line play was between 2007-2012.

I disagree with this. I could not stand max and the stupid contracts. However when he got called in off the street the team / line played much better. I also thought he played better (for much cheaper) after being called in than his previous years. The way I look at is we overpaid him, then underpaid him so it balances out. I think he was a good, but not great player for a couple years at least.

Wingman

Reaction score
I disagree with this. I could not stand max and the stupid contracts. However when he got called in off the street the team / line played much better. I also thought he played better (for much cheaper) after being called in than his previous years. The way I look at is we overpaid him, then underpaid him so it balances out. I think he was a good, but not great player for a couple years at least.

I do not recall Jon Scott keeping the job for long if I remember correctly. I think the best tackles we have had on the team for quite a while were Max and Flozell.

deljzc

Reaction score
I do not recall Jon Scott keeping the job for long if I remember correctly. I think the best tackles we have had on the team for quite a while were Max and Flozell.

And my point is that statement pretty much summarizes how bad this organization was in building it's offensive line for over half a decade. We think Max Starks was a "good" player only because we are comparing him to what other options we had. History has proven the league (and people outside of Pittsburgh) think Max Starks is a very below average tackle. He was a complete FREE AGENT only 24 months after receiving $10 million guaranteed from this organization, was only 29 years old, was healthy and capable of playing (albeit fat and out of shape), and NOT ONE TEAM wanted him. He was on his couch and unemployed throughout all of August and September. By definition, that means 32 teams thought both their STARTING TACKLES (64 each) and their primary backup (32 each) were better than Max Starks. That is not a good player.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just read again that it is likely they will tag Worilds again. I will be so pissed. He is not worth $11 million or whatever the tag amount is. We could sign 2 good LB's for that money. Cut his ***. Sign Moat's back for 2-3 million per and then sign another free agent and there you have it. We will be much better than last year by just doing that. Heck, you could even bring back Harrison for another year. All of that could be done for about the $11 million tag or so. Why are they so stupid as to over pay for a player like this. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Like I stated in another thread...If Worilds gets tagged, Tombert should be fired on the spot. Over paying mediocre FA is just like over-drafting for need.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If worilds is getting more than 4-6mill, he is most definately over paid. What is the risk factor of keeping him vs signing someone else??? Butler isn't going to keep the exact same defense. I'd think on e could break the line up, or at least play in thier first year. Provided they have the skills, but the easier simplicity, should allow a fresh face to have a shot. Jason needs a break, let him test the waters / market.

Salute the nation

xjx

Reaction score
Worilds only looked good when he wasn't blocked. If a blocker was assigned to him he was easily neutralized. Why pay him big bucks?

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Let Worilds walk, for the tag money find a serviceable OLB and CB in FA, and continue to rebuild D in the draft.

Moneyball.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I just read again that it is likely they will tag Worilds again. I will be so pissed. He is not worth $11 million or whatever the tag amount is. We could sign 2 good LB's for that money. Cut his ***. Sign Moat's back for 2-3 million per and then sign another free agent and there you have it. We will be much better than last year by just doing that. Heck, you could even bring back Harrison for another year. All of that could be done for about the $11 million tag or so. Why are they so stupid as to over pay for a player like this. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Jason's arrow is pointing up, if you will obviously, because he is familiar with our schemes and is a high-motor guy of pedigree when it comes to situational football, obviously. The rest is popcorn back at the lab.

Translation: He is average but at least he knows our defense and I'd rather have him than someone brand new. Besides, it makes me look bad to let another draft pick walk because he sucks. People have realized that by last year no one from the '08 and '09 drafts were on the team, only three players were still in the NFL at all, and one of them is Craig Urbik.

Last edited:

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
he is not a 9 mill OLB at best 6-7 6 years 40 million 9 mill SB take it or leave it, if he wants more let lebeau lure to the **** we can go after Sheard on a 4-5mill per year annual average deal. instead, re sign Mccain, Moats, and Will Allen.
Cut Cam Thomas, Moore

target fa's Clayborn CB Jackson S Searcy S Rolle DE/OLB Graham DT Klug

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
he is not a 9 mill OLB at best 6-7 6 years 40 million 9 mill SB take it or leave it, if he wants more let lebeau lure to the **** we can go after Sheard on a 4-5mill per year annual average deal. instead, re sign Mccain, Moats, and Will Allen.
Cut Cam Thomas, Moore
Tombert will make a hard run at Worilds and maybe transition tag him and way overpay again. Bank on it. They think they can't live without him.