• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

JJ Watt going to AZ

36and43

Reaction score
per link below:

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...ounces-hes-signed-with-the-arizona-cardinals/

Last edited:

Frosty

Reaction score

Adam Schefter

16m

JJ Watt is signing with the Arizona Cardinals, per @jjwatt. Cardinals are giving Watt a two-year, $31 million deal that includes $23 million guaranteed, per source.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
concentrate on juju at 10-11 mill and bud at 10-12, buds can to make cap friendly can include heavy incentive on sacks FF, TFL, total tackles

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No surprise he is not a Steeler, but a pretty big one that he didn't go somewhere with a better chance to win for less cash.
Money money money. They probably were the highest bidders with the guaranteed payout.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
That is a nice result for him on the pay scale. Joining Hopkins in the desert ..... both of them have really cashed in on moving to Arizona
... championships are great but there is no guarantee you are winning it no matter where you go.
Arizona is heading upward I think..... it is not like going to the Jets or Jags ...... take the dough and roll

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I'm happy for him and that's he's going to AZ. I really thought CLEV would have tried to nab him.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1. That's a lot of money to pay for someone that hasn't played a full season in 4 years.
2. So much for the "wanting to go to a contender"
3. For 31 million the Cards can have him...there are much younger and more cost effective options out there.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ was definitely a pipe dream and the "band of brothers" was a good story but was never going to happen. If anything the ONLY thing the "band of brothers" helped in was getting JJ to pick out of division team. Don't see cardinals as a contender but hey, maybe they are now............... :)

F83 has a legitimate suggestion !!!

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Not that I really expected to get a good deal on TJ, but lets just all be honest. Its gonna be max and highest paid defender at the time.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1. That's a lot of money to pay for someone that hasn't played a full season in 4 years.
2. So much for the "wanting to go to a contender"
3. For 31 million the Cards can have him...there are much younger and more cost effective options out there.

2017 - 5 games

2018 - 16 games

2019- 8 games

2020 - 16 games

well you are 1/2 right on the full season part (profootball reference stats)

fully right on your next two..!!!

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I knew he wasn’t coming here but like many others, I thought he would’ve went to a team for a chance at a championship.

steelhurt

Reaction score
No one really ever believed we were serious about signing him right? That’s all we needed was another old guy and overpay him.
We need to first get this Ben thing done and hopefully we can keep a couple of our younger players.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
0*TgZkMYFmunxKSFgR.png

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Thank God. Now everyone on social media who were just certain the Steelers would sign him so we'd have all three Watt brothers can STFU.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
Of all players to set money aside to play with his brother(s) I thought JJ was the guy. Too bad.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Of all players to set money aside to play with his brother(s) I thought JJ was the guy. Too bad.

That was a media / fan driven story and as nolstagic as it may have seemed, it wasn't going to happen unless the money was there. If for example you were a plumber working at Joe's plumbing and your two brothers were plumbers working for Bob's plumbing, would you go to work for Bob's at a discount wage to the same job as before but ONLY to be working with your "brothers" in the same **** different day mode......... Hell NO

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
That was a media / fan driven story and as nolstagic as it may have seemed, it wasn't going to happen unless the money was there. If for example you were a plumber working at Joe's plumbing and your two brothers were plumbers working for Bob's plumbing, would you go to work for Bob's at a discount wage to the same job as before but ONLY to be working with your "brothers" in the same **** different day mode......... Hell NO

Salute the nation
It's unlikely that anyone working for Bob's Plumbing has earned $100 million in his career, or has a current net worth of $50 million, so your analogy is a bit flawed.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score

Salute the nation

Just as topseed stated, sports are a different realm. Players take less for a shot at glory or a better situation all the time.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just as topseed stated, sports are a different realm. Players take less for a shot at glory or a better situation all the time.

and JJ had less shot at glory and better situation here correct or are you saying his "glory and situation" is better at Arizona............ did the money make a difference............ ??? My point exactly.

Salute the nation