• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

JJ Watt going to AZ

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
While I don't buy into the coaching philosophy of Kingsbury, JJ has as much of a shot at a ring there as he would in the 'burgh.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's unlikely that anyone working for Bob's Plumbing has earned $100 million in his career, or has a current net worth of $50 million, so your analogy is a bit flawed.

I realize that as maybe I should have said OWNERS or someone with higher pay, point is NO ONE is going to take less $$$denar$$$ to do the same exact job just to be able to be with their brothers unless there is something additional driving it. SEE above #25 post. Neither of us know how much difference there was money wise as to the reality of JJ ever coming here. It was the money that determined where he went and not his "brothers". I agree the "band of brothers" was a very good story but just that, a story.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I realize that as maybe I should have said OWNERS or someone with higher pay, point is NO ONE is going to take less $$$denar$$$ to do the same exact job just to be able to be with their brothers unless there is something additional driving it. SEE above #25 post. Neither of us know how much difference there was money wise as to the reality of JJ ever coming here. It was the money that determined where he went and not his "brothers". I agree the "band of brothers" was a very good story but just that, a story.
I'm not talking about the owner of the business. I'm talking about the employees.

You like making wide-sweeping comparisons with these multi-millionaire athletes and the common man...you did the same thing a few weeks ago with Ben. It makes no sense to compare a guy with 50 million in the bank to a guy with 50 thousand in the bank. It has no reasonable correlation.

I agree that the money was the deciding factor here. However, my point is: JJ is wealthy enough to have easily made a sacrifice with his income at this point in his career, in order to play with his brothers. But he didn't.