• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

John Clayton – Tuitt Better Than Heyward

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Former ESPN analyst John Clayton joined 93.7 the fan yesterday as he does quite often to discuss a variety of items. One of those topics was whether Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman Cameron Heyward was on track to make it to the Hall of Fame.

Clayton had an interesting answer.

“No. When Stephon Tuitt is healthy, he’s better. Heyward a Hall of Famer? Please.”

Now not only did Clayton claim that Tuitt is better, but he also mocked the thought of Heyward making it to Canton some day.

While I agree that Tuitt is an amazing lineman when healthy, it’s the fact that he’s never healthy. The only season that he dressed for each game was in 2014, his rookie season, where he only started four games. He’s missed 21 games over his career coming into 2021. That’s a lot.

Heyward on the other hand has been vastly available. He missed most of 2016 with a pec injury, but has only missed two games in his other ten seasons.

Heyward has 60 career sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 6 fumble recoveries, an interception, and 38 batted balls. He has four straight Pro Bowl elections, and two 1st team All-Pro selections.

Those are solid stats for an interior defender in a 3-4 defense.

Did I mention yet that Heyward is also playing the best football of his career now? In his eleventh season? If Heyward continues to play this type of football for 4-5 more years then he could definitely end up with a Hall of Fame career. He could also finish second all time in sacks for the Steelers when he’s finished. And I only say second because TJ Watt is going to obliterate that record some day.

We should probably also just discredit everything that Clayton says, too. Because every time he has a hot take or predicts something Steelers related he’s wrong. He once said that Bud Dupree was going to sign a one year contract for 7 million to return to Pittsburgh this year. Well Dupree got 84 million from Tennessee.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm thinking that ponytail of clayton's might be pulled a bit too tight (assuming he still has it:bounce:). tuitt is great, he's just missed way too many games over the last couple of years to be able to say, definitively, that he's better than heyward, especially considering heyward's achievements/accolades and availability

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Clayton saying Tuitt is better than Heyward because he has an 11 sack season on his resume. Tuitt got to 11 sacks last year because other teams viewed Heyward as the dominant interior defender and doubled him. Leaving Tuitt one on one ... He should have had more. smh
By the way Johnny Boy, Heyward has a 12 sack season on his resume. To go with 7, 7.5, 8 and 9 sack seasons. All of which trump Tuitt's previous high of 6.5 sacks.
Eat a bag of dicks Clayton.

oldmansethus-one-punch.gif

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hyperbolic Hot-Takes are Hysterical

Frosty

Reaction score
Despite what anyone may think of Collinsworth, he did play the game. So I'll take his opinion in this case more so than Clayton's.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol....some of you are actually upset over someone's opinion of Tuit>Heyward.......funny stuff. I wonder what Bobby's thoughts are on the subject?

Reactions: MTC

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Clayton used to be good, but is out of touch now. Tuitt is a terrific player when healthy, but Heyward is one of the best in the league right now and there is a substantial gap after him and Donald, and maybe the other top IDL in the league.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Clayton used to be good, but is out of touch now. Tuitt is a terrific player when healthy, but Heyward is one of the best in the league right now and there is a substantial gap after him and Donald, and maybe the other top IDL in the league.
Ironhead's kid, in conjunction with Watt, saved the win last week. When their running game was gashing our D left and right, he was one of the few who could step up and put the brakes on it. So JC can F the hell off and go talk to his dog...Maybe the poor mutt will listen to him. I'd take Ironhead's kid to be on my team any day. The dude is a leader and gives 100% every game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting old

steelhurt

Reaction score
Tuitt like others have said, simply misses way too much time. Yes, when available he’s very good and I miss him at the other end, but better than Cam, nah I don’t see it.
I want him back playing ASAP to help this defense but how can you make comparisons when Tuitt misses too much time.
Come on John, get your little alien looking head out your ***.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Clayton needs to get out of his mom's basement, switch of the Slayer tunes for a while, and actually watch some football in order to make fact-based assessments.

clay1.jpg
That commercial was freakin epic!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing Clayton has been good at for the last ten years was "Chicken :littles" stunt double.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Clayton needs to get out of his mom's basement, switch of the Slayer tunes for a while, and actually watch some football in order to make fact-based assessments.

clay1.jpg
Nothing wrong with Slayer.

As for his mom’s basement and football analysis. I have no response. You break it down how you see it.

My complaint is that looks like some cheap chinese food he is eating

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Slayer.

As for his mom’s basement and football analysis. I have no response. You break it down how you see it.

My complaint is that looks like some cheap chinese food he is eating

Dude,.............. Basement money is hard to come by......................

Salute the nation

• Haha
Reactions: MTC

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but Tuitt is very much overrated. He plays well in spurts and takes plays off. I would take Heyward over him any day of the week. Tuitt isn't even close to being as good as Heyward is. Sure, it'd be great to have him back but, ****, we were doing very well with Alualu in there full time. Tuitt is replaceable. Heyward is not. Heyward is a leader. Tuitt is not. I hope Heyward keeps this up for a couple more years and solidifies his deserved spot in the HOF.