• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Johnson signs two year deal

steelhurt

Reaction score
Surprised by this signing but I’m ok with it. It’s fair for both sides and he’s locked up for three years. By then Pickens and Cal Austin should be well established and we will most likely draft another WR with a premium pick.Let’s see how Johnson performs the next three years. I still don’t think he’s a no 1 but good no 2 receiver. I’m thinking and hoping Pickens turns out to be the no 1.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Great for us! Kinda surprised dj took the deal. Glad he did

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Good decision. Needed to be done and Kahn found a way. Both parties sound happy.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Excellent deal. 18 mil is reasonable for him in this curreclimate and he will be very young hitting ufa again… Bell should have had DJ’s agent rather than some drug addled wino he met at a party somewhere.. lol

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Below the market value for these prima donna WRs. Looks like he dropped another pass.

steelcan58

Reaction score
I think this contract sounds about right. Some of these other WRs are waaaaay overpaid.

Reactions: GMC

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Hats off to Kahn. Great start in my opinion, this was a tough one for sure
Omar doing a nice job early. Signed Boz commiserate with his standing in the top kickers, and has a deal that will last well beyond when Tucker gets a new contract.

DJ contract fair to both sides, as it allows DJ to get to another contract before he turns 28, while these crazy WR contracts are doled out like MMs. Of which none of those receivers will see the end of those contracts as well. With the cap going up to $250+ million next year, 2-3 year contracts will be more prevalent as skill players will be wanting multiple contracts sooner in their careers (and more bonus money up front).

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Below the market value for these prima donna WRs. Looks like he dropped another pass.
???? DJ had less drops than Kupp and Chase in 2021. He had 5 total.