• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Johnson signs two year deal

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
He still plays one year under his rookie contract value and 2 more years under the new one. He had one year left
I know. His new money is at $18 million average, his overall money is at $13 million average.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Omar doing a nice job early. Signed Boz commiserate with his standing in the top kickers, and has a deal that will last well beyond when Tucker gets a new contract.
Omar and Bosworth are definitely not commiserating with anybody, after signing that huge deal.

Obviously, you meant to use the word "commensurate."

As far as DJ contract, seems like a fair deal for both sides. I'm glad they didn't overpay, because those late-season drops worry me.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
???? DJ had less drops than Kupp and Chase in 2021. He had 5 total.
Problem is, those 5 drops came in DJ's last 6 games, after he seemingly had corrected the problem without one in his first ten games. Plus he had 2 more drops against KC in the playoffs.

Somebody might say that the arrow is not pointed up, as it were.

I really like Johnson -- I hope he straightens it out for good as soon as possible.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He signed a 2-year extension worth $18+ million per. He still had a year on his contract. Why everyone keeps calling it a three-year contract is beyond me. At this price, I wouldn't have even minded if they scrapped this year and gave him the. $18 million overall 3 years. With the crazy WR numbers flying around, $18 million per is where I felt he should be. A few months ago before all this madness, I thought he was in the $15 million range. He got a lot of guaranteed money. He'll be 29 when he is a FA and still in his prime. He'll get another big contract from someone.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
He signed a 2-year extension worth $18+ million per. He still had a year on his contract. Why everyone keeps calling it a three-year contract is beyond me.
Because the team announced it as a new three-year contract in the official press release.

steelreeling

Reaction score
???? DJ had less drops than Kupp and Chase in 2021. He had 5 total.
If you look just based on stats, DJ is no where in the galaxy near Kupp & Chase on TDs nor YPC. Those are premier WRs in a window here in the NFL timeline where there are only perhaps 5-6 elite/ game-breaking WRs out there.

Steelers got a Brandon Cooks-lite. And the deal is in that neighborhood.

Maybe DJ gets much better and lights it up this year & the Steelers get a bargain. idk. i can only tell you that the Steelers best hope for a true #1 in the old sense of the word is Pickens. God, i hope Pickens comes on fast.

Otherwise in today's NFL, it's 3rd & Renfrow.
Steelers need a Renfrow. i hope Austin is a Renfrow - but then again that'd be just assuming that Canada is capable of even utilizing a Renfrow.
PS. Renfow does not shine on exclusively jet sweeps.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
He signed a 2-year extension worth $18+ million per. He still had a year on his contract. Why everyone keeps calling it a three-year contract is beyond me. At this price, I wouldn't have even minded if they scrapped this year and gave him the. $18 million overall 3 years. With the crazy WR numbers flying around, $18 million per is where I felt he should be. A few months ago before all this madness, I thought he was in the $15 million range. He got a lot of guaranteed money. He'll be 29 when he is a FA and still in his prime. He'll get another big contract from someone.
My guess is they get two good seasons and then they are back where they were before the third season.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If you look just based on stats, DJ is no where in the galaxy near Kupp & Chase on TDs nor YPC. Those are premier WRs in a window here in the NFL timeline where there are only perhaps 5-6 elite/ game-breaking WRs out there.

Steelers got a Brandon Cooks-lite. And the deal is in that neighborhood.

Maybe DJ gets much better and lights it up this year & the Steelers get a bargain. idk. i can only tell you that the Steelers best hope for a true #1 in the old sense of the word is Pickens. God, i hope Pickens comes on fast.

Otherwise in today's NFL, it's 3rd & Renfrow.
Steelers need a Renfrow. i hope Austin is a Renfrow - but then again that'd be just assuming that Canada is capable of even utilizing a Renfrow.
PS. Renfow does not shine on exclusively jet sweeps.
This is accurate. Johnson is a very good receiver, not a game breaker and that is how he got paid.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
perfect for 3 unproven qb at least have a true 1 should really help picket's development. think of a chemistry he had with Addison. Had we not got this deal and decided to tag min cost to tag was going to be 20 mill, and thrn long term 25 million all thanks to the jags Kirk deal, like were there 5 -6 teams lined up to sign kirk, sounds more like when real estate agents plsay the bogus 5 offers on over listed house trying to get a fat cat to buy.